shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
....how/where did you start? Did you and fiance go together to look?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Before we went to the jeweler, I looked at some bands online and got an idea of what I wanted. Then my fiance and I went together to look. After looking at quite a few rings, we ended up getting the matching wedding band to my engagement ring. We went to our favorite jewelers, a locally owned jeweler who is just wonderful!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I did a lot of the pre-looking. Its funny, there is this movie called "Bride Wars" and they compare the two brides w/ their grooms. At any rate, there is one groom w/ Kate Hudson the bride, and they go to tiffanys and cartiers and laugh and have a great time hugging and kissing...and yeah, I don''t appreciate that level of interest from my fella in the ring dept! I knew it had to be yellow gold and I wanted asschers in it to match mine, we found one at Dimend Scaasi (okay, I found one at Dimend Scaasi), that they made for us in 18K yellow gold for him. Fortunately, he liked it (I could not have dealt w/ searching for a ring for him like I did for mine.) Both the rings are in, but I can''t go pick them up yet b/c NOW he wants to go together. I think that with most FI''s, you get 1.5 afternoons of searching or 3-4 jewelry stores, the upper end only if they are next to each other and you bribe him with fancy pub beer!
2.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still working on it. He was pretty easy. Once he makes a decision as far as what he wants, he sticks with it, so his ring has been ordered for a while.

We first started looking for mine at local B&Ms to get a feel for what would look best with my e-ring. I figured it would be cheaper to go through an online vendor. I''ve ordered two from different online companies and will pick the one that matches best and send back the other one.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting the jeweler who made my e-ring to make me a matching band.

FI''s ring might come from them, too, although he kind of wants a titanium ring (scratches head, having never heard of titanium rings before)

I wanted an eternity band, but not in the cards right now .. sigh.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
FI is picky, which I'm completely fine with. We spent months picking out my engagement ring, and I give him the same patience and respect he gave me throughout that process. He wants something with diamonds, so it's a bit more difficult than just picking out a plain band.

He hasn't found anything he's completely in love with, but he really likes a tungsten band with a gold inlay that he found on the internet. It doesn't have diamonds, but it's very inexpensive, and makes a good "in the meantime"/back-up band. We're going to order that sometime soon, and I really hope he likes it when it comes in. He's typically an all-yellow gold wearer, so this is a bit different.

ETA: Oops, I forgot about myself
41.gif
I have a band that matched my engagement ring, but I'm not crazy about it. I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing, but at least for the time being I have something.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
For DH's, I pretty much told him that he would want tungsten
3.gif
and then we went out to check styles and figure out what width he would want (we looked at lots of non-tungsten bands, just trying to get an idea of styles). I found some online places that sold tungsten rings, he picked out the one he wanted, and we ordered.

For mine, I just searched around on PS a lot. I knew I wanted a plain platinum band with no diamonds, so I guess I had a smaller pool to choose from. The only things available at B&M stores were plain bands and plain milgrain bands, so I really had to come up with something of my own and have it made custom. I did try on some diamond bands for fun, because I hope to get one for an anniversary some day
5.gif
I guess DH was with me on some trips, but mostly he didn't really care what I picked out as long as I loved it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
FI knew he wanted a plain platinum band, so that was pretty simple. We went to a wonderful local jeweler/benchman and had him try on a few different thicknesses and finishes and he figured out which one he wanted.

For mine, we went to a couple of different stores and looked at different styles, but none really spoke to me. Then we went to an awesome antique jewelry shop and found the perfect band there--it looks like it was made for my ring! It''s from the same era (my ring was FI''s grandmother''s e-ring), so it suits it.

Here''s a picture of my wedding set--can''t wait until I get to wear it!

LP_Wedding_Set_01.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
FI and I just looked and looked and looked at BM stores for our WB''s. We ended up getting them at Jared''s because of the price. While I would''ve loved a custom band from WF, the quotes were out of the budget. I figured with Jared''s we at least got G VS stones in my band.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
beadchick Your ring sounds stunning! You have completely hit the nail on the head with following up ring shopping with fancy pub beer! My DF will love the idea.

elrohwen, lilyfoot your posts remind that mine IS super picky and from recent conversations has little idea about what he is looking for. I know he is in favor of "simple" but I also know that still requires some choice making
2.gif

ladypirate Your set is so pretty. I am a hopeless romantic about antique rings and the imagined (positive!) love story that it has lived before.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
LP, I love your set! The wband is such a classic style and goes really well with the ering. The wband I have from my grandmother looks really similar to the one you picked out!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I ordered my engagement ring and wedding band at the same time from Whiteflash. My band needed a slight curve to it because of the engagement ring's setting, so we thought it would be easier to order them together. WF is fantastic to work with and we wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

For my husband's band, we decided to go to Bruce Boone, owner of Boone Rings. I had read a bunch of great reviews of his work and the prices were great. We actually ended up ordering two rings (the first one came and my husband didn't love it, so we ordered a second ring). Bruce was great to work with, and if I remember correctly, his turn-around time is awesome.

ETA: I forgot to add that we checked out a few bands at local jewelers as well, more for my husband's sake than for mine (since I knew what I was getting). We got an idea of what metal would look best and what size he needed. Then we checked out Bruce's site and went from there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results