shape
carat
color
clarity

paging cocolaw @ St. regis princeville

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Cocolaw-

Your thread about your honeymoon hotel is closed. I wanted to ask if you remember what type of room you had while staying at the St. Regis Princeville? Any further advice about where to eat, what to do, etc? we are seriously considering staying there for 5 to 7 days in July and trying to figure out a plan..

Thx.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve stayed up in Princeville, not at the St. Regis, but I went and checked out the place. Also, spent some time in the neighboring cities. Would be happy to answer any questions you have.
1.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thx.

We are trying to figure out if if it is worth the money to stay in one of the more expensive rooms at the St. regis, or just go with the cheapest price if ALL the rooms are awesome and we would be outdoors most of the day anyway.

How many days on the island would be good? We would have a rental car, but don''t want to be driving around the entire time. Would 5 full days be enough? or will we wish we had 7? Since we are going in summer- that is when the least rainfall so i am hoping the north side of the island will be as sunny as the south. Any thoughts?

I know we will want to do a helicopter tour and some hiking, and then mostly chilling at the beach in and out of the water. I have heard some people say that too much time on this one island can get dull compared to the other islands... but the scenery! Wow! We really don''t need all the nightlife scene that Maui offers.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome!!

We were the level right below a suite-not sure what that is called. Wonderful room. The beds were very comfy-the decor is beautiful. We had an ocean view room, and the windows open all the way and there is an adorable window seat...we sat on the seat and drank champagne! very fun! The bathroom was beautiful-really the room was everything we could have asked for. The resort is not huge so it does not take a really long time to get around. It is small and elegant. The Kauai Grill is a restaurant in the hotel...the best food that I have had in my life..better than anything in NY. I would recommend calling ahead to make a reservation. The pool is very nice-it is not huge, but it is luxury all the way. The chairs are comfy and new, the pool is very pretty. Servers walk around the pool and bring you whatever you want. They do not even allow you to pour your own water :)! They walk around with cold pineapple on skewers in the afternoon...a nice little refreshment! The drinks by the pool are delish too...a great selection of tropical drinks, but they are not too thick and overly sweet like some can be.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We want to start staying at St. Regis because our experience was so amazing. The service was wonderful--we were called by name from the moment we arrived. We never felt like the employees were too busy to help us like they might be at a larger resort. The turndown service is great. I would return to Kauai in a heartbeat to stay at this hotel.

Oh yeah and the bar in the lobby. Very fun spot in the evenings...gets crowded around sunset--they have wonderful drinks and music and half of the bar is an outdoor lounge looking over the ocean and the sunset :). Really great! I hope you decide to go! If you do, please post again and I will give you specific restaurant recommendations and other ideas about things to do!

AND THE SPA...how did I forget this? Great SPA!!!!! Very very chic, great services, go for the couples massage-they put you in a huge beautiful room that has its own spa tub. Oh and you have to try out the "experience shower"-I''m not getting really jealous as I type this.
3.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
The ocean view rooms, below the "suite" category, but higher than garden view are...

ocean view
ocean view with terrance
premium ocean view

Maybe you had a premium room?

it sounds like you wanted to stay there FOREVER... but do you think 5 nights is enough? i am afraid more like 7 days and we might be getting stir crazy. Is the beach nice at the hotel... or did you just hang at the pool and go to the other beaches on the island?

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
5 days is enough! Where are you flying from? If you are flying from or returning to a cool city that you have never explored, I recommend maybe making a stop on the way back in a different city. I would even suggest doing 3-4 days at the St Regis, then going to Maui for 2-we did not go to Maui and I wish that we had. You run out of things to do on Kauai-it is very relaxing, great place to enjoy the pool and the view, but activities get old.

I think we had a premium ocean view room (from the description on the website) but looking at the pictures, the regular ocean view room does not look very different. When you go to the main website for the hotel, the 2nd picture in the slideshow of hotel is exactly like the room we stayed in (same view too). You could not go wrong with either room-if there is a big price jump I would book the regular ocean view room.

The beaches here (and it seems on kauai in general) are not great for laying out. If you look at picture 5 in the slideshow on the main page of the website, this should givie you a good idea of the layout of the pool/beach area. You have a pool with chairs around, then a grassy lawn with chairs, then the beach and the ocean. We never even tried to get a chair by the ocean because the setup by the pool was so great. We got chairs that are part way submerged in water, so you can dip your feet in the pool while you are lounging....and enjoying the view of the ocean.

I''m sitting in my cold office as I type this and look at pictures of the St. Regis.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results