shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with color choice for accesories please!

What color would look the best with our dress and flower colors?

• Cream or ivory

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Silver or gray with metallic accents

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! I am feeling stuck on a color choice and options. I want to purchase pashmina''s or silk scarf/shawl for my BM''s since they have to have their shoulders covered in our sanctuary. The dresses are going to be horizon blue for David''s Bridal, different styles. The flowers they are carrying will be tall arm bouquets of orange and pink gladiolus flowers. So far I had planned on my ladies wearing silver shoes, just thought they would look best with the dresses. My mom and I have come up with three options; scarfs died to match the dresses, cream/ivory, or silvery colored scarves. What are your thoughts? Suggestions? I will link a few I found that I thought about contacting for the job on Etsy.

DB dress example

Thank you in advance!
=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Scarf option 1

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Scarf option 2

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Option 3

Option 4

Option 5

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the dye-to-match option, because you already have a series of bright, "popping" colors in your dresses and flowers and so I feel another color (even cream) would detract from the overall picture.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 5:23:40 AM
Author: mscushion
I would go for the dye-to-match option, because you already have a series of bright, ''popping'' colors in your dresses and flowers and so I feel another color (even cream) would detract from the overall picture.

Thank you! That was my thought as well. My mother thought cream or silver because they would be more useful after the wedding. But I am just not seeing it being the best look for the ceremony. Now I just have to choose one of the vendors and whether I want silk or pashmina. I am leaning towards silk since it will be June.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the first scarf you posted!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I dig the first two options, and as the owner of a blue scarf and a cream scarf, I can tell you that I wear the blue about 100 times more than the cream.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 5:27:51 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
My initial thought was silver, since it is kind of like an ''accessory.'' Also, I think something sheer would be lovely (if that is okay) so it is not too bulky. IMO the blue would just be too much blue, but I guess I would have to see it.

Personally, I would like something like one of these...

Silver with design

Or this...

Organza would be pretty

Or this, if it can''t be sheer

I LOVE the first two, now you have me thinking really hard! Thanks ROL! I wasn''t thinking sheer and you found some really nice pieces! This however, does not make the decision much easier. Grrrrr....

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Hands down, cream or ivory pashmina. I think that your BMs will be most likely to reuse something like that. I have received two gifts like this as a BM and the dyed-to-match one I haven''t touched, however I use my neutral (its a pale gold) pashmina ALL THE TIME. I LOVE it! Goes with everything. I also like the contrast that you would have between the cream or ivory and the blue dresses and silver shoes. It would be a really lovely ensemble.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 5:28:38 PM
Author: Clairitek
Hands down, cream or ivory pashmina. I think that your BMs will be most likely to reuse something like that. I have received two gifts like this as a BM and the dyed-to-match one I haven''t touched, however I use my neutral (its a pale gold) pashmina ALL THE TIME. I LOVE it! Goes with everything. I also like the contrast that you would have between the cream or ivory and the blue dresses and silver shoes. It would be a really lovely ensemble.

Thanks for the input Clairitek! I feel most of the BMs would reuse that color as well. I am just worried it will add too much contrast to the ensemble. Anyone have thoughts on a blue pashmina instead of the silk?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the second scarf you posted - but I"m torn between dyed to match blue and cream/ivory, but I think I would wear the neutral coloured one again more often and it wouldn''t be too distracting with all the other colours going on.

I agree with ROL, blue would be too much blue. A cream scarf would be a nice contrast, but not a garish one in that it''s a neutral. You can always pair a neutral with anything. That will work for the ceremony as well as your future bridesmaid''s use of the item.

If you''re worried about too many contrasting colors, one way to help would be to have the girls wear cream shoes to match the shawl/pashmina. Then there''s cream, blue, flower color, and cream again to tie it all in.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I''m an exception because I wear scarves *all* the time, so I''m not a good control group--I kinda liked the colored ones.

That said? You can''t go wrong with a nice ivory pashmina. Awesome neutral, they can wear it for dozens of weddings, formal occasions and dinners and dates in the future, and they''ll always fondly think of you.

(I am a bad bride and doing an uber matchy wrap for my girls. Need to start a thread. But since their dresses won''t match at all, it''s kind of tying them in. THREAD JACK OVER.)

ilovesparkles, I am so happy for you, honey!! And one of my girls is wearing the same BM dress as yours!! (in pewter) DB just wrote to tell me it''s here and I''ll pick it up tomorrow. It''s a GREAT dress--I saw it in lilac at a wedding last month and I know your ladies will look fab in horizon in it.

Yep. Going with the group: I like the horizon with ivory. Very pretty--esp. with the vibrant flowers--it kind of softens the whole look in a way.

35.gif
35.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I think I prefer the ivory ones with your dresses as well. Funny, because I prefer to wear bright colored scarves and wraps myself. But if they are wearing blue dresses, I tend to agree with those who have said that might be a bit overwhelming. Ivory is neutral, so I really don''t see it as adding another color to the mix. BUT it is your wedding and you said YOU are buying the wraps, so go with your heart on this one.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
So I asked every female at work and a few men in addition to this thread. I went to the fabric store and made a decision. I chose some very pale silver organza with a bit of shimmer. I am going to make them myself and save uber $$$$. Then I have decided to get them something else as their gift since the wrap will not be terribly reusable. I want them to have something they will use on a regular basis to think about the friendship we have. I will have to show you all when I finish them. I actually had to order more fabric, they only had enough for 3 wraps. Hopefully, they will turn out well!

And thank you so much for all the help!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I agree with matching the scarf to the dress since you already have the colourful flowers.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 1:52:58 AM
Author: ilovesparkles
So I asked every female at work and a few men in addition to this thread. I went to the fabric store and made a decision. I chose some very pale silver organza with a bit of shimmer. I am going to make them myself and save uber $$$$. Then I have decided to get them something else as their gift since the wrap will not be terribly reusable. I want them to have something they will use on a regular basis to think about the friendship we have. I will have to show you all when I finish them. I actually had to order more fabric, they only had enough for 3 wraps. Hopefully, they will turn out well!

And thank you so much for all the help!
Nice! I bet they will look just lovely...and what a fun project! Can''t wait for pics when you are done!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results