shape
carat
color
clarity

Ketubah dilemma solved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I think .. it is a bit pricey ...

Izzy Pludwinski''s Wildscript Roundel is our first choice!

92453.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I wanted something that would be timeless looking -- so I''d like it as much at 82 as I do at 28

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love that its fairly simple but also has some nice color to it. Great choice!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! I could be 100% wrong but I think Haven also went with that artist! Small world if so.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 2:39:37 PM
Author: sba771
Pretty! I could be 100% wrong but I think Haven also went with that artist! Small world if so.
Yup, I think so, too. I don''t think hers had the rainbow colours that this one seems to, though.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 2:39:37 PM
Author: sba771

I''ll have to look for this ... it''s really reassuring that someone else chose it, too! The artist is so nice -- friends of ours looked at his stuff before choosing something else, and they recommended him. :)

Haven -- if you''re around and chose this, can you tell me if you got the print or the commissioned original??

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Nice, shertz!! Very Very Purdy!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re right, ladies--that''s our ketubah! Nice call, very impressive.

shertz--We had an original commissioned. Mr. Pludwinski was really wonderful to work with. We ironed out all the details via email, and I originally wanted an original design so he was *really* accommodating when I changed my mind after we had already discussed the original design. I just couldn''t stop looking at the roundel, so I went with it in the end.

He shipped it to us, which made me extremely nervous, but it got here safe and sound.

I requested earth tones, and he put the gold leafing in as well, which I highly recommend.

Here''s a shot of DH signing it the morning of our wedding. You can kind of see the colors here.

ketubahcloseuphavensss.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here are two very bad pictures of it once I had it framed. You''ll note that I opted for a gigantic frame, but I love it. It''s huge IRL, it barely fit into my Civic.

I don''t want these bad photos to scare you off. This is a gorgeous piece of art, I''m just a horrible photographer. (Our walls are grey even though they look yellow here. I''m hopeless.)

Anyway, I love his work, and I love that it is a real piece of art. It ended up costing around $800 for the ketubah alone, that included the gold leafing. The frame was around $400 or $500 at Hobby Lobby during one of their half off framing sales. Totally worth it, though, in my opinion.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Excellent choice, by the way!
2.gif

ketubahshotshavenpsssss.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just realized I have more closeup pictures. Sorry about the poor quality.

havensketubahcloseupinframepsss.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it looked familiar! I love it Shertz (and Haven)!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Haven, it's gorgeous!!! I'm sending a link to this to my fiance, since I sort of went sticker-shocky at the price for the commission (and even the customized print). I have my heart set on it if we can afford it.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good! I''m glad my crappy photography didn''t scare you away. It really is one of the most beautiful things we have in our home.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Your photography is good!

One more questions ... which texts did you use?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
He has a new website--it''s nice!

I can''t find the page where he lists the different texts, but we chose a modern egalitarian text. I adore it--the last line reads "May we live each day as the first, the last, and the only day we will have with each other." I''ve shared this quote so many times on here because I love it so much.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Haven! I couldn''t find it either, but I''ll ask about it

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
This is one thing that I think Catholics have really missed the boat on... I have to find a way to rectify that because that Ketubah is beautiful, and what it represents, even more so.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved that ketubah! And from what I have looked into, it is a really good price for a commission! When we looked into it, ours would have cost $1200+! We ended up going with a DIY and my mother is going to be painting it.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 2:16:22 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
This is one thing that I think Catholics have really missed the boat on... I have to find a way to rectify that because that Ketubah is beautiful, and what it represents, even more so.

A lot of artists will do wedding certificates -- I went to a wedding once where all the guests signed them. It was cool. :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Shertz, I LOVE IT!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I''m actually looking at getting this one as well.

My fiance is Jewish, but hasnt mentioned having a ketubah and I just love the whole idea of it, so I''m going to surprise him with it. This artist is AMAZING and this piece looks timeless and beautiful. I cant wait to get the ball rolling with ours.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I found one! I can get the text all in english, and we''re getting married at the four seasons so it''s actually pretty perfect.
36.gif
36.gif

_cfimg3391517993004283590.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 2:46:22 PM
I found one! I can get the text all in english, and we''re getting married at the four seasons so it''s actually pretty perfect.
36.gif
36.gif

I''ve seen that one in person, and it''s beautiful!

The Four Seasons was my runner-up venue, actually (but probably not the same one, LOL)

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really enjoying seeing others Ketubahs. The Wildscript Roundel is so simple and elegant.

We are having a Pagan/Jewish ceremony officiated by a friend. Since our only other paper certificate will be the official license we want to find something great too.

I''ve really liked looking through Ketubah.com They even let you collect favorites to compare later on. We haven''t decided yet, but it was neat to realize we kept saving the same 4 artists.

This is my favorite.

_cfimg4323033275304288579.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This is DF''s favorite.

M-014013.JPG

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing all these ketubahs makes me want to frame mine! It''s sitting in my closet right now because it''s so expensive to frame and I just haven''t had the time to go pick out a frame, but maybe I''ll try to do that soon.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 6:26:32 PM
Author: mayachel
I''m really enjoying seeing others Ketubahs. The Wildscript Roundel is so simple and elegant.

We are having a Pagan/Jewish ceremony officiated by a friend. Since our only other paper certificate will be the official license we want to find something great too.

I''ve really liked looking through Ketubah.com They even let you collect favorites to compare later on. We haven''t decided yet, but it was neat to realize we kept saving the same 4 artists.

This is my favorite.

Love it. :) I''m so excited that everyone''s getting ketubot and certificates.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 2:16:22 PM
I so agree! I wish we had a beautiful marriage contract to frame in our home.

I haven''t seen many ketubahs, but I think the one you like is absolutely beautiful, Shertz! It definitely caught my eye when Haven posted it a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results