shape
carat
color
clarity

Rehearsal Dinner Woes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else having issues with rehearsal dinner?

First, dad suggested we have it at the house & invite all out of town guests
Then, mom reluctantly agreed, but wasn''t pleased about having to clean & host
So, we decide to get BBQ catered and keep it simple- GREAT! No cooking!
Next, FMIL suggests we have it at a restaurant so mom doesn''t have to clean & they''ll pay
Then, mom agrees that it would be a good idea but doesn''t want all OOT guests invited
So, I look up 5-10 different restaurants for suggestions
Eventually, FMIL gives us a budget to work with (but would make eating out difficult with only the wedding party)
Then, mom decides that eating out is a pain in the butt but that having it home is a pain the butt too (WTF?!?)
So, she talks to dad & finds out dad REALLY wants it at the house
Now, she and dad want to cook everything & invite as many people that want to come

I''m so confused...

So... I was fine with everything up to this point. Now, they want the menu to be bratwurst, fried chicken, rice, and cake (and they are really excited about it for some reason). I think the menu is totally lame. I would rather have it catered, but I''m so sick of the plans changing and being stuck in the middle.

Do you think their menu choice is lame? Should I just put up with it or should I try to push for catering?

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Sounds delicious to me! However I''m uber laid back and easy to please. I never understood the super fancy rehearsal dinner so I say if it''s easy for everyone and YOU are ok w/ it, go for it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the future in-laws did the rehearsal dinner? Am I old fashioned? I would let them decide.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Um, if I''m not mistaken, the only two people who really matter don''t seem to be included in this decision. I say quit making everyone else happy, do whatever makes you and FI happy, and screw everyone who doesn''t like your plan!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you're fine having it at their house, you're fine inviting whomever, but you're not fine with the menu. In that case, try to negotiate with your parents for the catered BBQ, making sure to emphasize how they would miss the whole dinner if they had to cook for everyone
3.gif

eta: Maybe get catered BBQ and sides, but let them make some chicken and brats too. Their menu isn't bad, but I feel it lacks anything other than meat and carbs (one of which is dessert). Maybe some corn, coleslaw, etc would be a nice addition that you could talk them into getting from a caterer.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Tell your parents are really excited to have the rehersal dinner at their house but your concerned that with hosting duties as well and having to clean and tidy the house for guests they won't get to mingle with any of the guests or enjoy themselves if they are always in the kitchen preparing and serving food. So to avoid this stressful situation, you would really like to have the dinner catered by XYZ company.

It's logical and your doing them a favour
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results