shape
carat
color
clarity

drinking more water

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So I am trying to drink a lot more water. Right now I get around 4 20 oz bottles a day, which isn''t enough for me. My problem is I find it very hard to drink plain water. I usually put Crystal Light in, but now others have me worried about the aspartame in it? What do you guys suggest? I''ve thought of mint sprigs.... or lemon juice (but I''d want fresh, which means I''d need a juicer... and would have to juice regularly). Has anyone tried mixing in other juices? Or ?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

I would suggest fresh lemon slices. Mint sounds wonderful as well!

I too, occasionally use generic lemonaide packets as I can''t drink plain water all. the. time. In Smurfy''s "quitting soda" thread, I linked to an all natural frozen juice concentrate mix that contains no added sugars, HFCS, etc.

I''m curious to what others suggest as I need to drop the artifical sweetner junk too.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don''t need a ton of lemon to flavor water, just cut into wedges or slices, squeeze of the mouth of the bottle (like a corona) and drop in. I also like adding in a little cranberry juice. You only need a tiny bit to flavor it. If all else fails, I go for sparkling water. The Polar pomegranate flavor is my current favorite.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried carbonated water? DH likes the lime flavored variety.

ETA: LOL I should have read more carefully till the end of HH's post! Ice cubes are good too. Also, it doesn't have to be in the form of "pure" water, as long as it's wet (and without alcohol): soups, smoothies, or really juicy fruits, for example, are another way of getting more water.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Any kind of citrus fruit is good -- oranges are really yummy, as well as lemons and limes. Cucumber slices are good, too. If you have a glass jug you can keep in the fridge, throw some slices in and let it "marinate" for awhile, then just pour the flavored water over into your water bottles. Creating ice cubes of concentrated fresh fruit juice is a great idea, too, especially if you get the ice cube trays that have tiny compartments so the cubes are small enough to fit through the neck of your water bottle. They won''t take long to melt, and they''ll give great flavor to the water. Also, if you like a tiny bit of sweetener, you could add a dash of honey to the water along with your lemon or whatever, and shake it up.

Even though I don''t generally mind drinking plain water, I think I''m going to take some of this advice for myself and make a lemon-ginger-honey syrup to freeze into tiny cubes! Yum.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 1:35:39 PM
Author: Octavia
Any kind of citrus fruit is good -- oranges are really yummy, as well as lemons and limes. Cucumber slices are good, too. If you have a glass jug you can keep in the fridge, throw some slices in and let it ''marinate'' for awhile, then just pour the flavored water over into your water bottles. Creating ice cubes of concentrated fresh fruit juice is a great idea, too, especially if you get the ice cube trays that have tiny compartments so the cubes are small enough to fit through the neck of your water bottle. They won''t take long to melt, and they''ll give great flavor to the water. Also, if you like a tiny bit of sweetener, you could add a dash of honey to the water along with your lemon or whatever, and shake it up.

Even though I don''t generally mind drinking plain water, I think I''m going to take some of this advice for myself and make a lemon-ginger-honey syrup to freeze into tiny cubes! Yum.

Yummy!
18.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know people who like the flavored carbonated water. I am kind of strange in that I hate any flavor in my water but love ice water. I hope you find sometihng you like.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am going to try the flavored ice cubes sometime this week. I''ve heard you can also put frozen strawberries in? Anyone tried this?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t tried it, but it sounds good! If you make strawberry-flavored ice cubes, you could puree the strawberries and then strain them to get rid of the seeds. Thin the puree with some water so it freezes better. Or just slice the berries up and freeze them, which would probably give a more subtle flavor to the water. It could be fun to experiment and see what you like best...let us know what you discover.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results