shape
carat
color
clarity

Proportions of LOGR Legacy vs. Tiffany Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
I''ve gone through a lot of the old posts about the LOGR Legacy type setting and read about some of your experiences with the ring spinning. Although the setting looks very similar to the Legacy, the pictures I''ve seen make it look much bigger than the actual Legacy setting. So, for those of you who have the setting, how would you say it compares to the Tiffany? I want something I can wear everyday and need good finger coverage, but I don''t want something that looks bulky. It may be that all the pictures I''ve seen have been very close up. So, any help you can give me would be appreciated. I''m debating between this setting and having one made which I know can add up pricewise.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that both the Tiffany Legacy and LOGR rings come in various sizes. I was at Tiffany and noticed that the rings are with different sized center stones. That being said it looks like most of the LOGR rings I see on pricescope are bigger than the Tiffany ones. A big clue as to the size of the Tiffany one is on the website if you get additional information for a Legacy ring you can get the carat size of the center stone, while stones are cut differently this should give you an idea of its size.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My LOGR Legacyesque ring only spins because I''ve lost weight, my fingers have shrunk and now it''s loose! When my fingers were more padded it wasn''t an issue!

The LOGR ring comes in different sizes and you can have one adapted to fit your stone - I''m not sure what sizes the Tiffany Legacy come in.

The thing to bear in mind also is that the bezelled set Legacy(esque) rings aren''t as high off the finger and so don''t look at big. The pronged version sits higher and an therefore look bigger.

Hope that helps.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
As many times as I''ve looked at the ring in Tiffany & Co., I''ve never seen them have a version with prongs. I was going to go with a prong setting though because I think it shows more of the stone. However, I guess what I was asking was more about the size of the halo. It seems much wider on the LOGR rings than on the Tiffany rings. The ones I looked at at Tiffany had a stone of about 1.5-1.7 ct., so, close to a 7mm stone, so, the size of the center stone is similar.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 7:06:55 PM
Author: joy2theworld
As many times as I''ve looked at the ring in Tiffany & Co., I''ve never seen them have a version with prongs. I was going to go with a prong setting though because I think it shows more of the stone. However, I guess what I was asking was more about the size of the halo. It seems much wider on the LOGR rings than on the Tiffany rings. The ones I looked at at Tiffany had a stone of about 1.5-1.7 ct., so, close to a 7mm stone, so, the size of the center stone is similar.
I''d agree with you there. If you look at past threads of LOGR Legacy owners, it really does feel as if the halo of the LOGR is wider than the T&Co.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me, it looks like the T&Co. Legacy hal is proportioned well, and the halo is angled a bit down to help acheive such a delicate look.

Here''s Chanalois'' Aqua Legacy - it''s 1.77 ct.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-co-engagement-ring-celebration-band-legacy.68844/

DSC05795small.jpg

From Tiffany''s site;

tiff44444.jpg

Another;
Legacy%203.jpg

Compared to;

original.aspx

original.aspx

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I agree that the Tiffany halos seem thinner than LOGR''s, but it''s hard to compare when the center stones aren''t the same dimensions. When I purchased my LOGR, I went for the 8mm because it looked like the halo proportion was a little thinner than the 7mm. Here''s my setting:

IMG_2251.JPG

I think other differences are that the Tiffany halos are more square, and the LOGRs have more curve. Also, Tiffany bezels are very thin, so you don''t see much metal at all. My jeweler thinned the LOGR bezel, but due to the stone''s dimensions, this happened on the outside of the bezel, and I think the result is that the halo looks just a bit wider. Here''s the Tiffany aqua legacy look I was going for:
Tiffany%20Legacy%20aqua%20inspiration.jpg

And here''s what I ended up with:

topaz%20legacy7.JPG

topaz%20legacy8.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMO the savings of 6300$ (more or less depending on center stone) is worth the minute differences in the LOGR setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 8:52:10 AM
Author: cellentani
I agree that the Tiffany halos seem thinner than LOGR''s, but it''s hard to compare when the center stones aren''t the same dimensions. When I purchased my LOGR, I went for the 8mm because it looked like the halo proportion was a little thinner than the 7mm. Here''s my setting:
I agree, and I like the workmanship on the 8mm better, although the diamonds are slightly smaller on the 8mm version.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. Those pictures helped. I love the Legacy (not the price tag so much) and its details just seem more delicate. I will probably go with a custom design once I find "the" spinel I''m looking for instead of going with something pre-made like the LOGR. For some reason, they just seem so "big." Hopefully, I can find one a little closer to the Legacy in terms of proportions of the halo and band.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 9:09:47 AM
Author: RockHugger
IMO the savings of 6300$ (more or less depending on center stone) is worth the minute differences in the LOGR setting.
I actually prefer the bezel job on her LOGR to the one Tiffany vendor shot.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 10:06:48 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 2/24/2010 9:09:47 AM
Author: RockHugger
Ditto. Cellantini''s 8mm is my favorite. I don''t own an 8mm . . . perhaps I should get one and try to copy Ms. Cellantini''s fabulous ring . . .
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 12:09:52 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 2/24/2010 10:06:48 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Ditto. Cellantini''s 8mm is my favorite. I don''t own an 8mm . . . perhaps I should get one and try to copy Ms. Cellantini''s fabulous ring . . .
9.gif
Lauren - I''m very flattered, and I can''t believe you don''t already have one of the 8mm already! You''re the LOGR queen, after all!

Thanks TL! You know though, what I like about the Tiffany bezels is how low they are - the LOGR''s are really come up off the halo. You can''t tell as much in a straight-on shot, but a side view really shows what I mean. I asked Quest about lowering the bezel, but it couldn''t be done. Having said that though, I looked at some of the Legacy rings on the Tiffany site, and I have to say, I prefer the profile on the LOGR better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results