shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! Custom design in the works!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
I think my search for the perfect engagement ring has came to a end. Many of you may know I have been trying to find a setting with princess cut diamonds in the band. I spent the last several days looking through everything from stock settings to designer settings. I did come across a few, but they were either too expensive or the design just didn''t do it for me. I did attempt to convince my girlfriend to consider other styles, but her heart was pretty much set on princess cut diamonds. I ended up taking the advice of many here and on another forums as well and decided it would probably be best to find a setting that she would love or have one designed for her.

I contacted several people to get a quote on the design I had in mind. I was quite relieved when I received a few quotes and realized the design would be within my budget. Since I wanted to purchase the diamond from the same place I purchased the setting, I had sent an inquiry to several of the more popular companies. I thought it was odd that Brian Gavin hadn''t responded to my messages and it wasn''t until I finally got in touch with Lesley that I realized she had responded several times, but all of her messages ended up in my junk folder for some reason.

I''ve always been interested in the selection of diamonds Brian Gavin offers. Not only because of his reputation, but also because of the feedback he receives for the quality of his work. After talking to Lesley and explaining how I wanted the setting and what I had in mind for the center stone, she played with the numbers a few times, she quoted me a very exciting price. Seriously, I wasn''t expecting it and especially didn''t think I was going to fit the stone she recommended to me into my budget. She was very nice and if I had to explain my experience with her in one word, that word would be awesome. Brian Gavin was already at the top of my list and after talking to Lesley, they have certainly won over my business.

Anyway, the design I had in mind was similar to the Cartier 1895 setting, but with princess cut diamonds in the band and somewhere between a .50 and .70 princess cut mounted in the truth head. Speaking of the truth head, I love the style of it. Lesley had sent me pictures of a setting they recently had finished that was very similar to the Cartier 1895 setting and it was stunning. Coincidence? I wanted the ring to have a nice flow throughout it and not look like just another plain setting. Lesley also informed me that she would see what they could do to make the ring look more "designery." After seeing the inspired Cartier 1895 setting they recently finished, I can only imagine how the ring will turn out. I''m sure it be beautiful and stunning.

I just thought I would post my experience with Lesley and Brian Gavin Diamonds and am looking for to having the ring designed. I already feel like a kid on Christmas and I am not even the one that''s going to be wearing it. I would also like to thank the members here for taking the time to respond to the many questions I asked and also for giving me opinions and ideas. I would also love to her opinions on the diamond and the design of the setting I decided to go with. And just some advice for the guys looking for a perfect engagement ring; if your fiancee or future fiancee has heart set on a princess cut or any other diamond, don''t try and convince her otherwise!

My budget started at $2000, then increased to $2500. When I decided to go with a custom setting, I knew I would have to increase it again, but I never thought I would end up getting an AGS0 diamond as well. It never hurts to ask and check out all of your options before you decide to purchase.

Cartier 1895 Setting

Brian Gavin Diamond

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Great choices!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that word..."designery"
1.gif
! Sounds like you are going to end up with a beautiful ring! There has not been one
item that has come from BGD that I would not be proud (actually more than proud) to wear.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
What a great story!

It sounds like you''re well on your way to making someone a very happy woman!!

Would you mind putting up pictures of the sample that Brian/Lesley sent over to you? I''m really interested.
Much like you, I''ve decided to go with a more ''designery'' style setting. I''ve also been inspired by Cartier. I''ve chosen the Declaration D''amour as a foundation to work from.

Thanks for sharing!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the pictures! It sounds like you''re going to have a gorgeous ring to give to a very lucky lady.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It is going to be beautiful. Perfect setting for a princess stone and you offer good advice about ladies who have their hearts set on a specific cut. Gorgeous stone!

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
I hope Lesley doesn''t mind me posting these pictures. I think she did mentioned they would be going up on the site pretty soon. One thing we did talk about was seeing if Brian could get the princess cut diamonds in the band to taper similar to the images. Lesley was going to be out of town and would be getting back to me around Monday. I can''t wait to get everything finalized.

BrianGavin_TaperedSideStones1_012610.jpg

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 6:11:47 PM
Author: XzyluM
I hope Lesley doesn''t mind me posting these pictures. I think she did mentioned they would be going up on the site pretty soon. One thing we did talk about was seeing if Brian could get the princess cut diamonds in the band to taper similar to the images. Lesley was going to be out of town and would be getting back to me around Monday. I can''t wait to get everything finalized.

BrianGavin_TaperedSideStones2_StevenM.jpg

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 6:11:47 PM
Author: XzyluM

BrianGavin_TaperedSideStones5_012610.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results