shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarah sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! Just a quick question. From what I have researced, it doesn''t seem that a person can really go wrong by buying a Whiteflash ACA. Is my thinking on this correct? I have my eye on the Guinevere setting for which ever stone we decide to go with! Thanks for your input!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are generally well cut but generally we like to see the report, IS/ASET/Hearts image of each before saying they are good. Put the stone you are interested in on hold then link the stone here for a review.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me.

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
hi sarah and welcome to PS!

ditto SC, the stone looks great. you should probably put the stone on reserve if you''re considering buying, as it happens from time to time that people jump on stones that others are considering. also, what are your thoughts on the J/VS1 color/clarity combination?

sarah sparkles

Rough_Rock
At first, I was hesitant to consider a J. However, after being in correspondence with WF, I was plesantly surprised to hear that a J colored stone can appear very white. And, I know that there are people on here with very white and very beautiful J colored stones!

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
while that is all true, it is still definitely a matter of personal preference... we generally recommend that if you haven''t seen an accurately graded and well-cut J in person, to take the time to go to a few stores and look at them. everyone has a different color tolerance, and it''s best to know your own before you make the purchase.

sarah sparkles

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help and advice! It''s much appreciated!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2010 11:39:25 AM
Author: tonyc2387
while that is all true, it is still definitely a matter of personal preference... we generally recommend that if you haven''t seen an accurately graded and well-cut J in person, to take the time to go to a few stores and look at them. everyone has a different color tolerance, and it''s best to know your own before you make the purchase.
Absolutely! Even if the images etc check out the final taste test has to come down to your own preferences and ideals of beauty.

Also concerning the colour if you could view some in person that would be helpful if you are unsure, try Jareds for their AGS0 Peerless if there is a store nearby, or alternatively Hearts on Fire to view some J''s of similar lab grade and cut quality.

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
<----- that sucker is a .836 g vs1 ACA (more pics in the link below)... there might be a visual difference between that and a .9 or a 1.0, but it will be slight. pull out a ruler and try to divide a mm in half... it's less than that, over the entire diameter of the diamond.

for me, it wasn't enough to justify the (rather large) increase in price, because i wanted to spend that money on the proposal. i also didn't want to go with a lower color because i know my intended doesn't want to see any color, but i couldn't exactly thoroughly test how sensitive she is. i will admit the clarity was higher than necessary... i just consider it a bonus
1.gif

again, both diamonds look great. these tradeoffs are all a matter of personal preference, and it's particularly hard to decide without seeing something similar for yourself...

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
thanks!! how''s your search going? did you wind up with one of those?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 12:01:49 PM
Author: sarah sparkles
I also like this one.http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/whiteflash-aca-cut-diamond-2245385.htm The color is better. The size is just a little smaller. Visually though, maybe there wouldn''t be a significant noticeable difference between a 0.94 and a 0.84. Too many decisions!
You won''t see a size difference at all, especially with a halo setting creating a larger finger presence anyways. I would go with the higher color personally.

sarah sparkles

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the advice guys! He went ahead and purchased the 0.94 J VS1. After alot of going back and forth in our heads and asking whiteflash alot of questions, that is the one we chose! They are great to work with. They said people are plesantly surprised at how white the J ACAs face up. Since it will be in a halo, that is the part of the stone that will be seen. Worse case scenario, I will return it if I think I am color sensitive enough to see it. I have a feeling I will love it though! For some reason, this stone called out to me! Now, comes the waiting for him to propose! I will be back with pics when that happens!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results