shape
carat
color
clarity

A cool baby gift idea...a baby ring....Show me the baby ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I was searching in designers and brands tab in the resources tab above. Noticed a jeweler I wasn''t familiar with. Found this gift idea for those new moms.

I think it is a baby ring...sized 1 1/2. But if I were a mom I think I would like to wear it as a pendant...knowing it fit the baby.

Well, I thought it was worthy of SHOW ME THE RING thread...cause it is a ring...it is itty bitty...and I would love to see you moms come back here and show us when you get yours!

I appreciate a new idea of celebrating a birth...and I applaud Denny''s Jewelers for the brilliant idea. So I hope a few sales will come his way from this thread. Don''t you too think it is a great idea?

Denny Jewelers Itty Bitty Baby Rings

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Very cute, I saved it to my favorites and am hoping someone here orders one so we can see the "actual size".

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a choking hazard to me! I can''t imagine putting it on a child. I suppose around a necklace it might be cute...

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I don't think I like the idea myself.

Like dreamer said, it's a choking hazard if you let the baby actually wear it. I also don't think I'd feel the need to bling out my baby by giving it a ring, one of those baby braclets or getting their ears peirced, just not my thing. Also, if it was just to be worn on a chain as a pendant I can think of LOTS of other peices of jewlery that I would rather have to celebrate the birth of my child, there are many beautiful examples here on PS.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 10:01:24 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Sounds like a choking hazard to me! I can''t imagine putting it on a child.

Agreed. I can''t really imagine that it''s for that purpose right???

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m afraid I prefer my babies in a nappy and sleepsuit and always bling free! If anyone is getting any jewellery after all that work then its me
2.gif

I can see why people would like it, (although its completely unsafe to put on a baby) but its not my kind of thing.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a fan of jewelry on babies. Not to mention they stick their hands in their mouth all the time and that would be a choking hazard. It''s a cute idea, but not terribly practical.

I have a platinum and pink sapphire mother''s band that I wear which is lovely. I''ll get a decent pic one of these days and put it up.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 9:05:07 AM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I''m not a fan of jewelry on babies. Not to mention they stick their hands in their mouth all the time and that would be a choking hazard. It''s a cute idea, but not terribly practical.

I have a platinum and pink sapphire mother''s band that I wear which is lovely. I''ll get a decent pic one of these days and put it up.
When you do, please be sure to add it to the baby gifts thread too!
1.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 10:01:24 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Sounds like a choking hazard to me! I can''t imagine putting it on a child. I suppose around a necklace it might be cute...
My thoughts exactly!

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
The baby rings my mom''s side of the family gave to their children were never actually put on the child...they were kept safe as a memento of the birth. When they were old enough to not risk choking or losing the ring, it was usually put on a chain for the child to wear if they wanted to.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I had a baby ring. It was sterling silver with a turquoise cab in the center. I wore until I graduated high school, moving it to my pinky. It always fit snugly, and I guess I wasn''t a hand chewer or anything because I never ate it!

Personally, I wouldn''t get one for my kiddo though.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a baby ring. It was bought when I was baptised and I was allowed to wear it to church on a thin necklace. I also had a small heart shaped locked that sat inside the ring on the necklace perfectly. And a little heart-shaped pendant with my simulated birthstone. The thin chain snapped at some point but I wear them all the little pieces on another chain sometimes when I''m feeling sentimental.

My sister has a little bracelet, given to her for the same reason.

I love my little ring, but I''d never give a child it for wear other than on a necklace on special occasions.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I had baby bracelets - would much prefer the ring because then I could wear it as a pendant now! My two bracelets sit in my jewelry box, and I always look at them with a sense of "Seriously...what was the purpose of these??"

Anyway, I see baby jewelry as ceremonial (you put it on the kid for 2 seconds - sortof like a christening gown - you''d never let a kid actually WEAR that, but for the 20 minutes of a ceremony it''s appropriate) or, my guess is that in this case, it''s made to be worn as a pendant by the mother, which is also a sweet idea.

Random side note: I''ve been to that jeweler...was somewhere I stopped when looking for an e-ring. They''re very nice, and my DH remembers them as the place with the "Drunk Diamond" - they keep the worst looking marquise I''ve ever seen that they bought (from pity) off a customer who got drunk in the diamond district in NYC (according to the story). It''s pretty hilarious. 1.5 cts of...well, there are no words.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a gold ring I wore as a baby with my initial S engraved - it''s a signet ring - it doesn''t even fit on the tip of my pinkie finger.

It''s not a new concept :) Many cultures adorn their babies in bracelets and rings.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a bracelet too and I remember wearing that thing until it could not squeeze on my hand anymore... my daughter wore it in some pictures and lost it and we replaced it with one identical. I never got her a ring. I have no idea why my mom got those things, I never really asked her - just assumed she liked them. She''s dead now so I can''t ask her... and I was never baptized so it wasn''t for that either. Plus I am not of a culture (like Mexican) that is more likely to adorn their children. My mom was from an upper middle class white catholic family.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I think this idea got lost in translation some where...

I too wouldn''t allow a baby to wear it. I just think it is cool that it is the size of the babies finger...at one time. Just like taking a clay imprint of their tiny feet or hands...there will be a day to look back on the TEENY-ness. This is something you can slip on and remove and just remember the measurement.

Unlike other push presents or mom gifts...that simply celebrate the event, this is actually a time capsule...
an actual measurement of size and of a time period. When you look at this...you see how teeny the finger once was.

To me that is where the sentimental aspect is to having this personalized baby ring.

I am still a big fan....now I gotta get me a kidlet! This jeweler doesn''t offer paw rings. (dog kids)

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 10:09:49 PM
Author: CasaBlanca
Yeah, I think this idea got lost in translation some where...

I too wouldn''t allow a baby to wear it. I just think it is cool that it is the size of the babies finger...at one time. Just like taking a clay imprint of their tiny feet or hands...there will be a day to look back on the TEENY-ness. This is something you can slip on and remove and just remember the measurement.

Unlike other push presents or mom gifts...that simply celebrate the event, this is actually a time capsule...
an actual measurement of size and of a time period. When you look at this...you see how teeny the finger once was.

To me that is where the sentimental aspect is to having this personalized baby ring.

I am still a big fan....now I gotta get me a kidlet! This jeweler doesn''t offer paw rings. (dog kids)
ditto to this... I instantly thought of it as a pendent for myself that actually fit the baby and has some symbolism with the name... It would be cool to put it on his/her little finger for a picture and put in in their baby book for rememberence and wear it myself until they are old enough to be responsible... (per say.. HS Graduation) to pass it down to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results