shape
carat
color
clarity

How did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice21

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies and gents, after a few months of reading and lurking on these forums, I have finally settled on a diamond, even though I won''t be proposing until a few months from now.

So, I was hoping the experts out there would weigh in on it. Is there anything I should be concerned about? I feel like I did a good job and went with a well known performer. But is there anything I might have missed?

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040375560005

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nothing to worry about.

niceice21

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response Julie! Oh and this is the ring that I plan on setting the diamond in...

http://www.verragio.com/Verragio-Engagement-Rings/Classico-Engagement-Rings/CLASSICO-0356#section1

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee!

niceice21

Rough_Rock
I guess the only thing I was concerned about was the surface graining listed on the lab report and the fact that there is a feather, but I figure that I really shouldn''t be concerned since it is a VS1. From what I could tell from the sarin, the cut parameters were pretty tight (.4 deviation), am I correct?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2010 8:20:12 PM
Author: niceice21
I guess the only thing I was concerned about was the surface graining listed on the lab report and the fact that there is a feather, but I figure that I really shouldn''t be concerned since it is a VS1. From what I could tell from the sarin, the cut parameters were pretty tight (.4 deviation), am I correct?
No concerns. VS1 is totally safe. Nicely cut. It''ll be a beauty!

niceice21

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reassurances! Lesley told me it was a beautiful stone, but it''s always nice to get second opinions (and thirds, fourths, etc!). I''ve learned a lot from this community since I began reading about diamonds last summer and even though I was not able to afford the size that I originally wanted, I think that this diamond should look big enough. Most of the stones that I''ve seen in person were at maul stores and the "1ct" stones there were only 6mm or so in diameter. I did see a Peerless diamond once, and thought that was really nice (even though it was an 1 ct. H SI2 with a huge carbon spot and they wanted 7200 for it) and I saw a HOF (E VS2, same size for 8300 at the time) diamond that was also nice. I am hoping that this stone is close to that and I will be ecstatic!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2010 8:20:12 PM
You picked a winner, nothing to worry about. surface graining shouldn''t be an issue in VS1 and it is a superb cut.

niceice21

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the responses. I have a couple more...I noticed that on the main page with the price it says that the girdle is thin to medium, but in the Sarin, it says medium to slightly thick. Do I have to worry about the thickness of the girdle? Since I will more than likely have to send the diamond to Verragio, I don''t want to have to worry about it chipping or anything...Also, I noticed that Verragio says that the melee diamonds around the center stone are F-G color, will an H center stone look OK with those? I feel kinda stupid for asking since I have watched multiple videos on GOG''s website about color and read quite a few threads here, but I guess I just want reassurance. ( Obviously, I have seen a few diamonds in person, but it is difficult seeing the color in the jewelry store lighting since they all turn dark in the spot lights and I didn''t feel right asking to see it in different lighting since I had made it clear that I wasnt purchasing)

Again, thanks for any imput!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think you have found a beauty and the setting will be gorgeous too! Wow!
36.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2010 12:01:42 AM
Thanks again for the responses. I have a couple more...I noticed that on the main page with the price it says that the girdle is thin to medium, but in the Sarin, it says medium to slightly thick. Do I have to worry about the thickness of the girdle? Since I will more than likely have to send the diamond to Verragio, I don''t want to have to worry about it chipping or anything...Also, I noticed that Verragio says that the melee diamonds around the center stone are F-G color, will an H center stone look OK with those? I feel kinda stupid for asking since I have watched multiple videos on GOG''s website about color and read quite a few threads here, but I guess I just want reassurance. ( Obviously, I have seen a few diamonds in person, but it is difficult seeing the color in the jewelry store lighting since they all turn dark in the spot lights and I didn''t feel right asking to see it in different lighting since I had made it clear that I wasnt purchasing)

The color and girdle are fine.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for the responses. I have a couple more...I noticed that on the main page with the price it says that the girdle is thin to medium, but in the Sarin, it says medium to slightly thick will be fine if thin-med or med-slth - it''s vthin all over that you''ve got to watch out for. Do I have to worry about the thickness of the girdle? Since I will more than likely have to send the diamond to Verragio, I don''t want to have to worry about it chipping or anything...Also, I noticed that Verragio says that the melee diamonds around the center stone are F-G color, will an H center stone look OK with those I think you''ll be fine with the H centre
1.gif
- melee always look whiter, they''re so small, but it''s a white shimmer - you''ve chosen a beautiful setting!
? I feel kinda stupid for asking since I have watched multiple videos on GOG''s website about color and read quite a few threads here, but I guess I just want reassurance. ( Obviously, I have seen a few diamonds in person, but it is difficult seeing the color in the jewelry store lighting since they all turn dark in the spot lights and I didn''t feel right asking to see it in different lighting since I had made it clear that I wasnt purchasing)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2010 1:57:33 AM
Author: JulieN

The color and girdle are fine.
Absolutely.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did great; good luck with the proposal when the time comes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results