shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone out there is cyberspace an Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll just give a very short overview to start with... I have a BA in English and have been working in various jobs since I was 16 (I''m 23 now). I''ve worked in the nonprofit field and corporate field, although not extensively of course. I have thought about going into editing on and off for a few years now, and just wanted some feedback from others in this profession. I was wondering how hard it is to break into the field, if it is a fulfilling career for you, what you like best/least. Thanks in advance for your comments!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: I realize I have a mistake in the heading... how embarrassing! And now I can''t fix it.
28.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poptart, are you looking for web editors or editors in general?

I'm an editor by education and trade, right now I'm a project manager for a non profit, managing several of their new products, but that's a new position. Up until now I've worked as an editor in the publishing industry. You should figure out what kind of editing you want to do, because there are many different kinds. Do you have any idea? Also, what industry do you want to work in (books, magazines, web, news papers), because they'll all have their own requirements.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your feedback Hudson Hawk!

I was specifically looking for editing work in general. If I could do editing for publishing, or freelance editing that would be great. I would prefer to work within the book or magazine industry, but am willing to work in whatever industry may be easier to break into. I just really have no idea how to even start. Do I need to volunteer my services to gain a stronger portfolio? I simply don''t know any editors at all, and therefore have no resources as to a starting point. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results