shape
carat
color
clarity

proposing in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rothko

Rough_Rock
The ring is purchased and being finished... (pics will be posted soon)
I''m about to graduate...
It''s time to propose!

In short:
I''m going to be traveling through Spain for about 3 weeks in June. I will be visiting these cities roughly in this order:
Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Granada, as well as a lot of small cities on the coast between Seville and Granada

Somewhere in Spain, I will be proposing to my girlfriend of 4 years. I would like to add some pizzazz to what I hope will be an elegant proposal.

My first inclination is to spell out “will you marry me?” in gasoline on a deserted beach, which would be set ablaze during a walk on the beach late at night. The engineer in me likes this, but, the pragmatist can imagine ending up in a Spanish jail. Please suggest locations and/or ideas for proposals. We will be traveling with a few friends, one of whom is a native Spanish speaker. Hence, I could potentially setup something rather elaborate with the help of my friend.

Thanks for your help!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Alhambra is a very romantic historical wonder. It may be too crouded
depending on a season though. There's something about place that have
an impact on you memory.
You can work something out of the "harem situation" for proposal idea
if she has sense of humour
nono.gif

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I second the Alhambra idea!!!! In the Jardin de Generalife -- so pretty. Granada may very well be my favorite city in Spain, besides my dear Salamanca...
Or in Barcelona somewhere at Parque Guell (Gaudi park) or near the Sagrada Familia. Or really anywhere in Spain.

Don't do the fire thing. You could very easily get arrested, as Spain is on very high terror altert and I'm sure no one would be amused by your pyrotechnic stunt.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I agree -- the Alambra has some beautiful gardens and patio areas and view spots that would be very nice. It's such a beautiful and unique spot. I think it would be very memorable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results