shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Satisfied Customer: Whiteflash & Martin Haske... Now onto Mark Morrell.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandanop

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that helped me to pick out "the perfect stone". I picked up my Whiteflash .998ct. I color SI1 ACA diamond on Friday, and it is beautiful. First, I''ll start by saying that Denise is Fantastic. She put up with weeks of various requests and changes of heart. I finally setted on the terrific stone in the link below:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_details.aspx?idno=1105231#

I saved 5% by wiring money.

For those of you who are terrified of spending big $$ online (like I was 2 weeks ago), all I can say is that Whiteflash was perfectly professional and helpful. Over a period of a few weeks, the service that I recieved along with posts like this one eased my fears.

I had the stone shipped to the famous Martin Haske. It just so happens that I work 15 minutes away from him. He was quite an interesting and impressive guy. He used the SAS2000, firescope, and various other tools to appraise the stone. What impressed me most was that he named off the table percentage, crown and pavilian angles within .2% by eye! The SAS2000 was very cool. I am a technical guy, so I appreciated the photochromatograph(?) output graphs he showed me. He explained that my stone was probably mined in an area that had a natural source of uranium nearby. He deduced that simply by looking at the slope of the graph at a particular wavelength. He indicated that it was common to see such a slope when stones had been exposed to radiation. Very Impressive! I didn''t realize he was an MIT genius... Bonus! All of the Whiteflash specs matched. Martin said that Brian is doing a very nice job on the the ACA line. That also made me feel good. He also told me that the price I paid was very fair and that I would have seen a markup as high as 100% if I had purchased the same stone at the mall. After teh appraisal, Martin spoke with me for almost an hour about gemology and the diamond industry, it was a wonderful learning experience. His service was top notch.

In any case, both Martin and Whiteflash really came though for me, just as many of you did when I posted various questions.

Martin also urged me to make sure I go to a good jeweler to set the stone. He said it would be a shame to put such a well cut stone into a bad setting. He suggested Mark Morrell. Considering I had already been talking to him for a couple of weeks, I thought it was a good suggestion.

I feel lucky to live in Boston. It seems that a lot of very talented Diamond people live here too.

I hope that the rest of you who are just starting your research find Pricescope to be as wonderful a resource as I have.

Regards,
Pete

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! what a nice looking stone!!
3.gif
i'm so glad you found what you were looking for!! mark morrell does amazing work, i am certain you will end up with a truly beautiful ring.....can't wait to see it!!

here's some pics of the stone.........
(hope you don't mind me putting them up for all to drool over, ahem, see!!!)

brandapoph&apic.JPG

brandanop

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting the pics. I forgot to do that. the best part is that the inclusions are at the girdle and incredibly hard to see. It was listed as an AGS SI1, but Martin says that they tend to be conservative, and it could even be classified as borderline VS2 because of the location of the inclusons. I can't wait to get it set... It should be really beautiful! I'll post pics when I do :).

OH! By the way... Keep your stones clean in the back. Martin showed me a great 2D raytrace of what happens when the BACK of the diamond gets "grease" from skin, cooking, etc on it. It was incredible. The light just floods out of the back of the stone. He said this is why diamonds appear "dead" when dirty. That was one tip I won't forget. It would be a shame for such a pretty diamond to lose its sparkle.

Pete

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, looks like one amazing diamond to me!! Whiteflash does it again, congratulations and don't forget to post pics of the ring once it is finished!! Congratulations!!
1.gif

chas

Rough_Rock
brandanop,

Have know fears! Mark Morrell will work his magic for you! He is the best!!! He has done a couple of pieces "works of art" for me. I feel sure that my pal Mark will do it right!

Chas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results