shape
carat
color
clarity

Finewater Gems New Stones Mahenge Spinel Cushion and Honey Zircon Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
All I have to say is WOW! If any PSer bought these please let me know, they were both quite impressive and I am not a Colored Stone Lover usually, I just happen to be on Gene''s mailing list.

http://www.finewatergems.com/new-gemstones.html

wowcushions.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sigh, I was sooo tempted by the mahenge, but I don''t have the cash right now
7.gif
Gary''s cutting is superb and he''s been finding some great material though, so I hope there will be a few more of those in the near future
1.gif
And I REALLY hope a PSer got those so I can see more pics!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
great mahenge spinel.

i have just bought a lighter color pear cut spinel from gary, the lighter color and VVS clarity sure did keep the price down compared to that cushion! (pics on my newbie thread)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The zircon was sold before I even received the newsletter!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honey zircons are soooooo pretty! I''ve got 3 so far, all precision cut. They have that tiny habit which I don''t like which is they can dark out in direct sunlight.(amazingly though they still sparkle like crazy)

Diamonds are the only other stones I''ve ever seen that happen with.

Anyone know why that is?

-A

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In the time it took me to email someone about them, they were gone -- but I knew they wouldn''t last long! So, no one''s fessing up??!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, the Mahenge is a stunner.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 9:27:12 AM
Author: Arcadian
Honey zircons are soooooo pretty! I''ve got 3 so far, all precision cut. They have that tiny habit which I don''t like which is they can dark out in direct sunlight.(amazingly though they still sparkle like crazy)

Anyone know why that is?

-A
I’m not sure about honey zircons but for diamonds getting dark in direct sunlight, it is due to precision cutting. It is part of the trade off that result in their looking like a disco ball in all other lighting condition.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-well-cut-stones-go-dark.79488/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-does-my-hca-1-3-look-dark.71108/

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Anyone know why that is?

-A
A - This is a frequently asked question over in Rocky Talk. Here is a recent thread where I submitted a couple of photos. Link

Basically, it has to do with contrast. There is so much light being reflected back from the stone that the surrounding area looks dark to you.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look really really nice. And they sold so quickly I didn''t even see the prices. So I''ll never know if they were within my budget. I hope a PSer got them!!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
the 0.84 ct Mahenge Spinel was about 600usd.
how is that for pricing? ~714usd/ct

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the pricing info! Wow, those two are beautiful. I don''t know if I can pull off hot pink, but I really love looking at it!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 10:16:14 AM
Author: haagen_dazs
the 0.84 ct Mahenge Spinel was about 600usd.
how is that for pricing? ~714usd/ct
Thanks.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Anyone know what the honey zircon went for? I think that might be exactly what I''m looking for and wonder if it is in my price range?

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock

Anyone know why that is?

-A
Can I ask where you purchased yours?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono and Fly girl. I knew it could happen with diamonds, but with zircon...that was unexpected, even more so because of the cut. Its neat though.

teddybearmommy, I purchased mine from Bob Kast.

-A

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 9:54:49 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Those look really really nice. And they sold so quickly I didn''t even see the prices. So I''ll never know if they were within my budget. I hope a PSer got them!!

i received the newsletter and checked the website while i was on the go.
a while later, everything was sold

i believe the zircon was about 200usd/stone

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
why does his new stones disappear so fast!!!!!
ahhharghghg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 1:48:18 PM
Author: teddybearmommy
Anyone know what the honey zircon went for?
55usd/ct...you could email gary to double check.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
$195US. I know because I bought it the second I saw it. I had long desired the cinammon zircon he has on his site, but it is too expensive (and too big) for me. I have no idea what I''m going to do with it, but am excited to see it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results