shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok this is it, i''m done procrastinating

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gooki

Rough_Rock
Some of you might have noticed that every 2 or 3 weeks i post some rocks to get opinions on, all well but i never pull the trigger, something either comes up or whatever, or i''m just putting off the inevitable proposal :razz:. Anyhow, this is it i''m tired of looking for a stone already sooooooo....

I have a final budget of exactly $1780, i''d like to go with the princess as allways. Something above .7 with a minimum of vs1 eye clean both from the top and side. So maybe a vvs. Anything like that out there?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 1:45:49 PM
Author:gooki
Some of you might have noticed that every 2 or 3 weeks i post some rocks to get opinions on, all well but i never pull the trigger, something either comes up or whatever, or i'm just putting off the inevitable proposal :razz:. Anyhow, this is it i'm tired of looking for a stone already sooooooo....

I have a final budget of exactly $1780, i'd like to go with the princess as allways. Something above .7 with a minimum of vs1 eye clean both from the top and side. So maybe a vvs. Anything like that out there?
Hi gooki

That is absolutely fine if you prefer VS1 or VVS, what colour do you prefer? Do you have much flexibility there according to the budget?

Here you go, below in budget at $1753 with discounts and VS1 as requested and J colour,

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/Whiteflash-ACA-Princess-cut-diamond-160445.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/Whiteflash-ACA-Princess-cut-diamond-312235.htm# $1672 with discounts

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/Whiteflash-ACA-Princess-cut-diamond-166520.htm $1750 with discounts

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-336528.htm# $1727 with discounts

gooki

Rough_Rock
Thank you Stone-cold11.

Lorelei - I have some movement up in terms price if we could move up a bit in color.

BTW When i click on the links the prices you have given are not the ones on the pages???

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-336528.htm# $1727 with discounts that one is sold already wow, i guess you have to move fast on things like this.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 3:18:10 PM
Author: gooki
Thank you Stone-cold11.

Lorelei - I have some movement up in terms price if we could move up a bit in color.

BTW When i click on the links the prices you have given are not the ones on the pages???
The prices are shown in the search tool above for Pricescopers, these are the discounted prices marked with an asterisk on the search listing which don't show on the actual diamond pages - thats why I noted them down for you.

We might have to go smaller if you want a higher colour grade, or look at VS2 clarity?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 3:18:10 PM
Thank you Stone-cold11.

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-336528.htm# $1727 with discounts that one is sold already wow, i guess you have to move fast on things like this.
Blast.....Could be a lurker pounced....

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 1:52:16 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
What kind of superhuman eyesight do you have to see a VS1 inclusion without equipment?

+1. I got a VS1 with a crystal and cloud smack in the middle of the table and with 20/13 vision I don't have a chance in the world of finding the stupid thing without a loupe. You should really consider VS2/SI1, and as long as you ask the vendor to make sure it's eye-clean at 6-8", you'll be ok... and it'll make it much easier to get the size and color up while remaining in budget.

gooki

Rough_Rock
Yeah i sure can understand what you mean, the thing is that i had a horrible experiance with one of those and i guess I''m scarred now. There are a few excellent stones in the list you guys have presented, i don''t know maybe I''ll try for a I color rather than J is that wise?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which lab graded the stones you have seen? If it is not GIA/AGS lab, that is probably a lower grade that what is stated to you as these other labs are considered looser in color and clarity grading then AGS/GIA.

Ask the vendor if a stone is eye-clean if you are worried.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 3:55:29 PM
Yeah i sure can understand what you mean, the thing is that i had a horrible experiance with one of those and i guess I''m scarred now. There are a few excellent stones in the list you guys have presented, i don''t know maybe I''ll try for a I color rather than J is that wise?
What happened gooki?

gooki

Rough_Rock
Well, i bought a stone supposedly an si1-si2 eye clean. This was of an ebay seller with 99% rating so i thought fine. They said they will make extra sure that it''s eyeclean. When it came i thought i had received a cut marble, it was hazy and the inclusions were visible from 10 yards away, a gigantic feather plus numerous smaller ones, carbon spots all over the top face, etc etc. So of course i returned it but got dinged some 5% restocking charge.

It wasn''t certified by anybody who counts just some friggin photocopy, basically a scam. I;m just happy i got my money back.

Anyhow back to the stones on here, would a j color be ok or would you see the yellow, ACA whiteflash stones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2010 9:28:46 PM
Well, i bought a stone supposedly an si1-si2 eye clean. This was of an ebay seller with 99% rating so i thought fine. They said they will make extra sure that it's eyeclean. When it came i thought i had received a cut marble, it was hazy and the inclusions were visible from 10 yards away, a gigantic feather plus numerous smaller ones, carbon spots all over the top face, etc etc. So of course i returned it but got dinged some 5% restocking charge.

It wasn't certified by anybody who counts just some friggin photocopy, basically a scam. I;m just happy i got my money back.

Anyhow back to the stones on here, would a j color be ok or would you see the yellow, ACA whiteflash stones.
A high Ebay rating does not a reputable seller make.

VS1 is overkill if you're on any sort of budget, and you're only going that high because you're scared of getting scammed by lower grades. Go with a clean VS2/SI from a reputable vendor and you won't see a thing, and use the difference to gain on size or colour.

You will most likely see some tint in your J princess. It won't look yellow, just off-white.

gooki

Rough_Rock
The cost of going up in color even to I is greater than going up in clarity, by a lot unfortunately, so even if i go to si1 i can''t get the color to I in my price range (talking about ACA).

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
ditto yssie... it is astoundingly easy to get a 99% feedback.

Reputable, recommended PS vendors OTOH, depend on getting every sale right... otherwise they face the wrath of PS folk, and that''s a whole different ball game. If you ask if a stone is eye-clean and make sure you have the same definition (6"? 8? 12?), and they say yes, it absolutely will be... or they''ll take it right back and bend over backwards to make it right.

There''s no way you''re getting cut marble with an ACA... I''d be willing to bet an ACA I1 would look better than the ebay stone you got. Your money is much better spent bumping up color and weight.

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 9:58:29 PM
The cost of going up in color even to I is greater than going up in clarity, by a lot unfortunately, so even if i go to si1 i can''t get the color to I in my price range (talking about ACA).

yeah finding a good one is never easy... i wish i knew more about princess cuts but maybe someone else can comment... this one looks pretty spready, maybe its good for the price?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1082574.asp

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 9:58:29 PM
The cost of going up in color even to I is greater than going up in clarity, by a lot unfortunately, so even if i go to si1 i can't get the color to I in my price range (talking about ACA).
Something always ha sto give my friend
4.gif
What is it going to be? I would not go lower than I color personally, and would prefer H. I would comfortably go with an SI1 from a PS vendor. Saying that ebay scared you away from buying SI diamonds is like saying that buying the rolex from the guy on the street scared you away from rolex
2.gif

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 9:35:03 PM
Author: yssie

A high Ebay rating does not a reputable seller make.

VS1 is overkill if you''re on any sort of budget, and you''re only going that high because you''re scared of getting scammed by lower grades. Go with a clean VS2/SI from a reputable vendor and you won''t see a thing, and use the difference to gain on size or colour.

You will most likely see some tint in your J princess. It won''t look yellow, just off-white.

yoda12345.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results