shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for 1 to 1.5 RB ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Hello-

I am looking for a 1 to 1.5 RB carat diamond.

Looking for the following:

* Color Grade= (G to H)
* Clarity Grade= good SI1
* Cut Grade= Excellent
* Polish = Excellent
* Sym= Excellent
* Floescents = none

***GIA certi

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Rod

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some vendors

www.whiteflash.com
www.briangavindiamonds.com
www.goodoldgold.com
www.jamesallen.com
www.highperformancediamonds.com
www.exceldiamonds.com
www.idjewelryonline.com
www.engagementringsdirect.com
www.niceice.com

ETA: You'll want to consider AGS graded diamonds too
ETA: We can help find some stones if you have a budget in mind. Otherwise the world is yours for the taking, and there's no way to narrow it down
2.gif

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rod,

What's your budget? We can make a couple suggestions, but that range is pretty wide. yssie made some great suggestions for vendors, but you might want to try the Pricescope Cut Search Tool to look for a few yourself. If you post them here, we'll be more than happy to provide some advice as well.

If you're confused on anything the cut search tool shows you, the tutorial is an amazing wealth of information.

eta, good call Stone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Hello- Found some more-

Let me know what you think

http://www.idjewelryonline.com/diamond_details1.php?id=D00299 &shape=&pricefrom=1&priceto=500000&caratfrom=0.1&caratto=20&colorfrom=&colorto=&clarfrom=&clarto=&polish=ANY&cert=Any&symmetry=ANY&depthfrom=&depthto=&tablefrom=&tableto=&cut=&item_id=

http://www.idjewelryonline.com/diamond_details1.php?id=D00292 &shape=B&pricefrom=6000&priceto=9000&caratfrom=0.00&caratto=10.00&colorfrom=F&colorto=G&clarfrom=VVS1&clarto=SI1&polish=EX&cert=GIA&symmetry=EX&depthfrom=&depthto=&tablefrom=&tableto=&cut=Array&item_id=

Stock number:
AFL986-1
DDB212
DDD1900
CCST-174
DPA1001-6
AIA8491

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the HCA? It is under tools above. You can use it to select diamonds by choosing ones that score less than 2. That will help you narrow it down.

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Hello

What is he HCA?

Go to tools but no HCA-

Did you get a chance to spec out the ones I listed in previous box?

Thx

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod

That first stone has 62.5% total depth, and it's facing up smaller than it should for carat weight - you're paying for diamond you won't see.

The other has fine numbers.

HCA https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, it is called the cut advisor uder toold (but it is the Hoolway Cut Advisor- HCA):

https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

Ditto Yssie.

If you plug the numbers into the HCA first then it will allow you to weed out the baddies easily.

roddy81

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the help dreamer_dachsie & Yssie

I will research this and post some more....this has been a fun experience thus far...learning lots

Goodnite

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:31:07 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Sorry, it is called the cut advisor uder toold (but it is the Hoolway Cut Advisor- HCA):

https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

Ditto Yssie.

If you plug the numbers into the HCA first then it will allow you to weed out the baddies easily.
Good lord, what horrible spelling! LOL! That''s "under tools (but it is the Holloway Cut Advisor-HCA)

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
Look at Brian Gavin''s Signature Hearts & Arrows diamonds. I believe you are only looking at his expert picks at the moment.

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Good Morning-

Is thier a magic percentage ratio for the HCA.... depth, table, crown angle? For i nstence, should I not go above 65% on depth, etc?

Thanks,
R

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei's cheat sheet, I hope she doesn't mind me posting. Note - It's just a guideline, don't be afraid of stones outside these ranges. There are beautiful, ex/id graded stones with good angle combinations that don't fall under these parametres... it's a good place to start.

Here is said cheat sheet you can use as a guide to help you AB, it should help you with depth, table etc!

depth - 60 - 62% - although my personal preference is to allow up to 62.4%
table - 54- 57%
crown angle - 34- 35 degrees
pavilion angle - 40.6- 41 degrees
girdle - avoid extremes, look for thin to slightly thick, thin to medium etc
polish and symmetry - very good and above

note - with crown and pavilion angles at the shallower ends ( CA 34- PA 40.6) and steeper ( CA 35- PA 41) check to make sure these angles complement in that particular diamond - eyeballs, Idealscope, trusted vendor input - check as appropriate!

Pricescope Prosumer
Follow Pricescope on Twitter: DiamondPrices

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Yssie-

Thanks much!

I will contiinue to persue the e-vendors, however do you know of anyone or anyone who you might know from the blog know/recommend any legit jewels/vendors in the South Florida area?

Thanks in advacne
26.gif

R

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there are any PS vendors in South Florida... try a search on "florida" and maybe something will pop up.

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 9:29:41 PM
Author: tonyc2387
Hi Rod,

What''s your budget? We can make a couple suggestions, but that range is pretty wide. yssie made some great suggestions for vendors, but you might want to try the Pricescope Cut Search Tool to look for a few yourself. If you post them here, we''ll be more than happy to provide some advice as well.

If you''re confused on anything the cut search tool shows you, the tutorial is an amazing wealth of information.

eta, good call Stone.

Hello Tony- let me know what you think of attachment and the others below that are posted further down that i send to myself by mistake

mycut78.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first IS you posted the best.

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Any advice with this...?

Stone #: AFK880-11
Carat: 1.20
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Ratio: 1.00
Table: 57.00
Depth: 61.80
Qty : 1
Price: $8046

1.2rod.jpg

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
SpareMyWallet, that is the best userid / avatar combo ever! ROTFL!
1243522578591.jpg
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 12:14:17 PM
Author: roddy81
Any advice with this...?

Stone #: AFK880-11
Carat: 1.20
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Ratio: 1.00
Table: 57.00
Depth: 61.80
Qty : 1
Price: $8046
Can you list the crown and pavilion angles? Also I can''t really see much on that IS... can you post bigger?

roddy81

Rough_Rock
Hello-

Can someone help me with the info below: I was told to only buy GIA, however; I got this below from a whiteflash sales person:

Whiteflash specializes in Hearts & Arrows diamonds and recommends diamonds certified by the AGS and GIA laboratories. You mentioned that you would only like to consider GIA. Please note that the AGS is actually the only laboratory to certify ideal cut diamonds and is original laboratory that pioneered cut grade. GIA then began cut grading their diamonds after 2006. The AGS is still the only laboratory to consider performance when assessing cut grade. Please see this link for more details: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/all_about.aspx?articleid=16&zoneid=22

Thanks,
Rod

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
hvvs, thanks
37.gif

whiteflash is correct in their statement.

consider ags000 graded diamonds.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
GIA's definition of Excellent cut includes some steep/deep combos (crown & pavilion angles) that PS folks generally say to avoid. AGS excludes those stones from their top cut grade. Search old threads for more info or maybe someone else knows the specifics.

WF ACA is eligible for upgrades. Other stones they sell may not be, like ones that they call in for you. Be sure about whether or not you get upgrade rights.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2010 1:01:00 PM
Author: roddy81
Hello-

Can someone help me with the info below: I was told to only buy GIA, however; I got this below from a whiteflash sales person:

Whiteflash specializes in Hearts & Arrows diamonds and recommends diamonds certified by the AGS and GIA laboratories. You mentioned that you would only like to consider GIA. Please note that the AGS is actually the only laboratory to certify ideal cut diamonds and is original laboratory that pioneered cut grade. GIA then began cut grading their diamonds after 2006. The AGS is still the only laboratory to consider performance when assessing cut grade. Please see this link for more details: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/all_about.aspx?articleid=16&zoneid=22

Thanks,
Rod
Hi Rod

AGS are along with GIA, considered to be the gold standard of grading labs so AGS can be an excellent choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results