shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you use Bing for cashback?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I''ve recently (two months ago) learned about Bing and their cashback program. Anyone else use it? It''s great if you do a lot of online shopping.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Yep, we use it a lot. Sometimes it''s good to be cautious though and get a screen shot of the Bing amount, though.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i don''t, but i do use ebates.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 5:24:47 PM
Author: icekid
Yep, we use it a lot. Sometimes it''s good to be cautious though and get a screen shot of the Bing amount, though.

Have you had problems with them not honoring the amount? Good idea about the screen shot.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 5:44:02 PM
Author: jcrow

I''ve never heard of ebates but I just googled it. Thanks, jcrow!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

ditto. I love ebates.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 5:48:30 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Date: 1/25/2010 5:24:47 PM

Have you had problems with them not honoring the amount? Good idea about the screen shot.

Once- drugstore.com is notorious for this. And especially when the amount is bigger, better safe than sorry! It sounds like Bing is pretty good about honoring it if you have a screen shot.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I don't use either, will have to check them out!!! (bing and ebates that is...) how do they work?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ebates - you sign up. and when you want to purchase something, log into ebates and do a search for the online store you''re hoping to purchase from [let''s say it''s gap]. if it''s available click the link. it directs you to the online shop [gap.com] where you make your purchase. but since you went to ebates first and did a search + clicked on the [gap] link, ebates tracks your spending and tallies up the percentage of money you get back. after a few months you get a check in the mail for the cash back. and it can rack up fast if you do a lot of online shopping.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
that is awesome!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Dh did the Bing cashback for our TV, but he didn''t read the fine print that it would take something up to 2 months. Haven''t seen the check yet, but supposedly there shouldn''t be a problem. We''ll see. I do believe he saved the screen as a pdf, so we should have all the info.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 5:52:36 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

ditto. I love ebates.
Thritto!!! Ebates is great!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Bing is awesome! If there is something I want to buy on Ebay with a buy it now price then I do a search on bing, usually for "cheap ipod" wait until the bing cashback at Ebay pops up - use the link - then search for whatever it was I wanted to buy - not the ipod! Bing also works for Sephora, which is great since with the free shipping for purchases over a certain level. I also use Ebay cashback & lucky magazine rewards. But then I was doing alot of buying for the home....

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I tried posting a reply last night so many times and each time my post got eaten.
38.gif

Bella, Bing is set up similarly to Ebates. (Thanks for the explanation, Jcrow!) The one difference I can see is that you need a paypal account with Bing in order to get your cashback while with Ebates you have a couple more options (check, paypal, donate to charity.) Bing, like Ebates takes a couple of months for you to get your cashback. I don''t know if this is tied to return policies but it would make sense to only give out cashback after the return timeline has expired. I made a return on an item I bought through Bing and my cashback amount was lowered.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 9:14:07 AM
Author: Elmorton
Dh did the Bing cashback for our TV, but he didn''t read the fine print that it would take something up to 2 months. Haven''t seen the check yet, but supposedly there shouldn''t be a problem. We''ll see. I do believe he saved the screen as a pdf, so we should have all the info.

I don''t think Bing sends out checks, only paypal. Have your DH log onto his Bing/cashback account. Under the pending tab, all his purchases should be listed along with the amount of cashback and the dates it will be available for redemption.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 6:04:28 PM
Once- drugstore.com is notorious for this. And especially when the amount is bigger, better safe than sorry! It sounds like Bing is pretty good about honoring it if you have a screen shot.

I won''t shop at drugstore.com anymore.
29.gif
I made a purchase through them and a while later received a charge on my credit card of $12.00 for Complete Savings.

When I called Complete Savings to ask about this charge they told me I had logged onto their site through drugstore.com (I clicked on a $10 off-my-next-purchase coupon) and they charged me a monthly membership fee because of that. They got my CC number off Drugstore.com.
29.gif

I have read problems online with Pizza Hut and Complete Savings as well.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
CDN, Bing used to be live.com and I used it all the time when it was Live. During it''s Live days it allowed for checks to be mailed to you. I guess now it''s just paypal, but I''m getting my funds regularly so it''s still a pretty good deal! Have fun online shopping!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 10:58:57 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
CDN, Bing used to be live.com and I used it all the time when it was Live. During it''s Live days it allowed for checks to be mailed to you. I guess now it''s just paypal, but I''m getting my funds regularly so it''s still a pretty good deal! Have fun online shopping!!

Ahhh, good to know, thanks! When I signed up, there was no option but paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results