shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone used Tripps.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I wasn''t sure where to post this, but I figured since it''s more jewelry than stone related I''d ask here. Has anyone purchased a semi mount from Tripps.com?

Also, is anyone familiar with their "Easy Mount" settings? Their website says you can use their gemsetting pliers to mount gems in their settings yourself. I bought a bunch of "for fun" stones that I would like to have set, but I don''t want to spend a lot of money to have them set professionally in more expensive settings.

Do you think it''s worth it to buy the pliers and their settings or do you think the stones with fall out/will get damaged?

Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kitcha!

I have bought a couple of semi mounts from them, one is a ring, very simple and dainty,l I haven''t had it set yet, but its OK
40.gif
I''m not thrilled with it, but for $70 solid gold heck...sometimes you get what you paid for yah know? but I''m only putting an inexpensive gemstone that I bought for my DD anyways, the finish could be better, and if you know how to polish it and smooth it all out for free or nominal cost, then it could be a nice setting to have just for fun though, I also bought of their trillion setting and that looked very durable and much better made, but I had to return as it didn''t fit my gemstone too well. However I have not had experience with this easy mount pliers. If you ask the Colored stone folks, I know a few others have bought from them before as well or Call Barry Bridgestock at acstones.com and he uses *I think* some of their mounts? he was the one that referred me to them. Good luck..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results