shape
carat
color
clarity

Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mari

Rough_Rock
Sorry,
I just have to vent.
I just got a call from our wedding venue, that perfect place we had found.

They''ve been sold and will close in November, so they''ve cancelled our wedding!

Now I have to start the hunt all over again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ouch that sux! :{

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Who are they selling to? Is the buyer tearing it down? I would hope that if buildings are just changing hands that the new owners could accomodate your wedding reception!!

Hope it turns out well!
Colleen

Mari

Rough_Rock
The hotel changed hands at the start of April and it is the new owner that has decided to close it down, so unfortunately there is no hope.
sad.gif

At least I'm not one of the couples who are booked in for December, as they'll have much more difficulty finding a new venue, and I hadn't put down any deposits for any other suppliers, but I had the music and flowers and accomodation for 120 guests lined up, and all of that is now most likely not suitable.

I knew something would go wrong.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's so stressful and disappointing. What crappy luck.

I hope that you don't have too much trouble finding another place that you love. Try to take it in stride and not stress too much if that's at all possible. (yeah right, hey! There's probably a fat chance of that, isn't there?) It might help for booking another location of your dreams if you book on an off day of the week (i.e. not Saturday).

Daniela

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mari, I am so sorry...

Perhaps, though, the Eternal Plan is showing you there's a chance to find something even better than the place you originally had!

win

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry!

I spent a day in hysterics two weeks ago trying to find a reception site for December 11. I just didn't realize there would be all those corporate Christmas parties.

A family friend came through with a country club, which wouldn't have been our first choice (we wanted downtown, not out in the country, but it's still only 20 minutes from the church), but the important thing is that we're going to have a rocking party to celebrate the start of our lives together, and the place really is nice. But I did totally panic when all the places I had in mind were already booked.

I suspect you'll be able to find something and just transfer your other arrangements over to the new place. Good luck!

Mari

Rough_Rock
I've calmed down now.

Thanks all of you for yours support and suggestions, I know we'll find somewhere.

It's still a nuisance, as there is very little close by this place that is suitable, so we'll have to find a new place and the extra arrangements, but I've still got over a year.

There has already been a silver lining; my other half, who was mainly happy to leave all the planning to me, has become a lot more involved, and it now really feels like OUR project, which is great, seeing as it is our wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results