shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think your SO has made you a better person?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
If so, how?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Without a doubt. He teaches me to be more accepting, more thoughtful, a harder worker, more giving, and just plain nicer. I''m really lucky to have him in my life.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think you should be a better person because of your SO. If you''re not, he''s the wrong SO!

DH, although mellow, has a crazy streak that I was lacking. I was very strict with myself until I learned to loosen up. I''ve also learned a lot of patience because of him. He has learned to think his choices through better instead of being ultra-spontaneous and has learned patience because of me. For some reason, I became kinder as well.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
He really taught me that the world does not in fact revolve around me.

I think during my crazy single years I had a tendency to just kind of drift and hang out with whoever was cool at the moment. But once I met my husband I latched on to a really amazing core group of friends that have made my life so much better.

He''s patient and kind to everyone he meets and that has really inspired me to do the same.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 12:28:42 PM
Author:Kitcha
If so, how?

Yes, he''s made me more patient...!
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He challenges me intellectually. He is almost over-the-top as far as treating people well and that definitely encourages me to look out for my fellow human beans. He has overcome some serious obstacles and doesn't let adversity get him down, just figures out a way to solve problems. What I truly love, though, is that I can be my absolute most authentic self with him.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! My dh is the best person I know and I try to be my best for him.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Yes, he makes me a harder worker and he helps me not get into my own head so much. I tend to over think things, but DH never does this (he says his brain is tuned out 90% of the time
3.gif
) and he helps me get perspective.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
For sure
He''s taught me life doesn''t have to be about going out and partying every weekend (we first started dating when I was transitioning from college to real life). He''s also taught me another definition of family
1.gif
Before I thought of it only as mom and dad and sisters, but now it includes him as well
1.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, definitely.

He is always very calm and logical, and that really helps bring me back down to earth when I''m riled up.

He is also the most kind, generous and trusting person I''ve ever met, and he makes it possible for me to be the same towards him.

30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally! he''s made me MORE patient, a better communicator, LESS high strung and go with the flow sometimes - he''s helped me learn to smell the roses sometimes.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely. He has helped me to calm down and realize that not everything that bothers me is the biggest deal that I tend to think it is in the moment. He has helped me to see that I don''t have to organize and plan every moment of my life and to just be. He is the type B to my type A. It''s wonderful.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, absolutely. He''s taught me to view things with the glass half full. He adds so much to my life.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely.

I tend to never want to make a decision... and I used to be an expert in sticking my head in the sand and hoping "it" would just go away. Having FI around makes me think about how my actions, or lack thereof, would affect him, us, what he would think... it''s very good incentive to just deal with problems - or just choose already!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We compliment each other. He''s not made me a better person though. I''ve not made him a better person either.

I''m an entire person on my own as is he. Together we''re amazing
9.gif

-A

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
He teaches me to slow down and enjoy the ride. I get too caught up on getting there that I never stop to smell the roses so to speak.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 12:39:08 PM
Author: monarch64
He challenges me intellectually. He is almost over-the-top as far as treating people well and that definitely encourages me to look out for my fellow human beans. He has overcome some serious obstacles and doesn''t let adversity get him down, just figures out a way to solve problems. What I truly love, though, is that I can be my absolute most authentic self with him.
This.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Definitely. He''s a calm and peaceful person (overall, sometimes he loses his temper at video games!
12.gif
), so I''ve tried to learn that from him. He''s also much more patient than me.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
yep-he teaches me to be patient, to think of someone else, to be more loving, to not be so vindictive, to not get wrapped up in my own ambition so much that I lose sight of the rest of my life.

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely!

I''ve become more aware, more willing to question the status quo, more willing to ask for the truth. But most importantly I''ve had the opportunity to grow with him and find the things I want in life be they immaterial or material (you know like diamonds and such
3.gif
)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I think we''ve made each other better people. We are opposites in many ways, and each of us has learned not to be so "extreme" to one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results