shape
carat
color
clarity

Brides with "younger" moms.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
My mom wore this dress at our wedding. She was the very same way - she dresses great, and didn't want to appear matronly and "blah" in the dress she wore to our wedding. She wanted it to be fun and stylish. It was also winter, so she had to find one with sleeves.
1.gif

The photo isn't that good with the coloring - the dress isn't that two-toned, but I took it with my little camera, so not-so-good quality. The color is a very pretty eggplant, a beautiful purple color but not so deep. Same color, just 2 different fabrics.

She found it at Nordstrom on the rack. I think she had to have them order it in her size though, as they only had a few choices.

She looked great in it at the wedding! I'm sure the pro pictures will show the dress in a much better way. The only thing I would have changed if I could on the dress is to make it a little shorter - she and I are only about 5'6", so I tend to lean towards knee length as my skirt limit, because I tend to look shorter in lengths longer than that. But with heels on, she looked great in this one.
9.gif

Btw, she's in her mid 50s, but you'd never know it.
2.gif
She's awesome.

strawberries mom MOB dress.JPG

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My mom wore the traditional dress w/ long jacket when she was the MOG. She picked a dress similar yet diff color to the MOB for my bro''s wedding... looked a lot like this one. She got it from Famous Barr though...
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49972990&currentIdx=48&subCategory=-49998947%7c-49998945%7c-49972990&catentryId=6166444&sort=

As the MOB, she wore a much better dress. I liked it a lot, got it from david''s bridal w/ a bolero jacket. looked similar to this only was black and had an offwhite accent..

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49972990&currentIdx=4&subCategory=-49998947%7c-49998945%7c-49972990&catentryId=6142377&sort=

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't the best pic of mum's dress, but it is an A-line style strapless dress that reached just below her knees, and she had a matching short-sleeved bolero to cover up her 'tuck-shop lady arms' (her terminology!!! She has tiny arms!!). She does look great in strapless being quite petite, but at age 55 when we got married she's wasn't willing to expose TOO much flesh, bless her
2.gif
. She wore it with a pair of closed-toe shoes and looked AMAZING, she's so beautiful!!
30.gif
She's here with my dad. She, too, hates the stereotypical MOTB wear and went for something fresher and younger, whilst still looking great and age-appropriate.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

ANDREA&MATT_434.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 8:56:59 AM
Author: idreamofcushions
I totally agree that MOB dresses can look more mature, not to mention the price. They usually run anywhere from $300 up to $700!

My FMIL wore a gorgeous dress from Cache for my FSIL''s wedding in June of this past year. Here''s a pic of my stud with his momma
9.gif

She goes on a ton of cruises so she''s always shopping for evening gowns. She typically finds them at department stores, Cache, or BCBG.

My mother found her dress at Dillard''s for my sisters ''05 wedding and it was gorgeous.
She looks amazing!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My mom was 39 when I got married. She wore an above the knee silver strappy dress with black emboidery. My MIL was about 43 and she wore a cute sheath dress that was above the knee.

My mom is 49 now and looking for a dress for my sis''s wedding. We''re looking for a champagne colored pencil skirt and a short sleeved jacket. She''s not "old" but doesn''t want to repeat the glam look that she had for my wedding.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to throw in another vote for Tadashi..I love, love Tadashi!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results