shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does the rehearsal take?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, I''m looking for advice on how much time I should schedule for my wedding rehearsal. My ceremony will be around half an hour. It''s outside in a garden, and I do have a bridal party, father-daughter walk down the aisle, etc.

Would appreciate any help -- I truly have no clue on this one.
33.gif
20.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
We scheduled an 1.5 hours for ours, but it was a Catholic ceremony. I would probably ask your officiant for guidance, and don''t forget to include buffer time for people who are late, getting people organized, etc etc.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
hi ms.cushion...
i''m not having a traditional rehearsal (just the dinner) but for the few i''ve attended, they''ve usually run about 15-20 minutes or so. But, allow extra time for everyone to gather, get there and start paying attention.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Time of actual planned ceremony + 30-ish minutes (depending on how long you expect it to take for everyone to show up, discuss what they need to do, answer questions during the run-through, discuss alternatives, etc.) seems like a fair rule of thumb. If you have a lot of readings or other little ceremonies, but don''t plan to do a full rehearsal of those parts, then reduce the time estimate accordingly.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ours took about a half hour, we ran through the walking and standing and where to go 3 times. The rest was just getting everyone to pay attention!
19.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, ladies.
1.gif
Sounds like an hour should about suffice. Great news.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I had a short ceremony (15 min) and the rehearsal was approximately 30 seconds
3.gif
We actually did it early on the day of the wedding and just went through how to walk in and who was reading what. That was about it. People know how to walk down an aisle, and the judge introduced the readings so people would know what to do - it wasn't really a big deal.

We also only had 2 BM and 2 GM, so it's not like we had a lot of people to get confused.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ours took 45 - 50 minutes I think. We had a big bridal party though, and someone was late.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Apprx 1 hour, (maybe 45 minutes).

Very large church ceremony with Bride, Groom, Bride''s Parents, Groom''s Parents, 3 grandmothers, and 9 BM''s and 9 GM.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
we had 1 hour

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results