shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds in the sand...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
Trying to come up with a unique and romatic way of proposing... Here is an idea that I have. In Cape May, NJ., there is a beach that you can find "Cape May diamonds". I think they are quartz or some other mineral. Well, I was going to take her there and say lets look for diamonds. As we are looking, and w/out her knowing, I''ll pull the ring out and say, "Hey, come and look at this one!" When she walks over, I''ll get on my knee and propose.

She knows I am going to ask her, but she doesn''t know when, so here is another idea. Take her to 3 special places one weekend. I nice dinner Friday where I ask her to come dressed for the occassion. Saturday, a picnic at a local botanical garden and mabe a balloon ride, and Sunday - a day trip to the beach were we stroll by the water. Well, I think she''d expect it on any of these occassions, but I wont. While we are gone on Sunday, I''ll have family and friends decorate my bedroom with rose petals, candles, and such... I''ll walk her upstairs and say "Well, I hope you had a great time this weekend!" Walk her into the room and propose.

Thoughts?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Kyoshida, welcome to PriceScope!

Ok I vote for all of them! Awwwww...did you take classes to be sweet?

The first one is VERY cute! That could totally be done, as Cape May is such a lovely lovely place...

But the second option is such a pampering and suspense building idea that the whole climax is such a worthwhile wait!

My proposal was a build up type, and when we went up to our hotel room (we were on vacation in the Carribean) the room was strewn with rose petals, and Hershey Kisses (my fav) and a bottle of fine champagne, and I can say THAT was the kicker...it was so SWEET and unexpected!

Your ideas are excellent, so please post and tell us which and how you'll do it, and what happens!!! Oh, and pictures of the RING of course!!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I like both ideas...

The good part about your plan B, is you are going to ask her after such an amazing weekend...the whole weekend will be filled with things to show her how much you love her.

The good part about plan A is that its really sweet and private. You guys could even watch the sunset afterwards basking in your excitement of just getting engaged.

Man, this choice is tough. Both are really good. I would say go with your gut instinct on this one. You know your gal better than we do
2.gif
so just think which way she'd like it best.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck! And please keep us posted.

-Sarah

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
I will definately take a picture of the ring... Thanks for the advice.

I've been wracking my brains trying to figure this one out. She lives in Arlington, VA and I live in Baltimore,Maryland. Trying to keep everything local so we aren't running around so much and she doesn't get to ansy if I chose the later of the two possibilities.

Another idea that I had was to enlist the help of a local museum and have the diamond on display as a heirloom of the "two people who loved each other the most in history". Have a display card sayng how they fill in love - blah, blah, blah. And at the very end, have it say our names. When she turns around from reading it, I'll be on my knees.

Ken

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Seriously man, did you take a class?
confused.gif

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
OOOHHH! Do the museum thing! That sounds so sweet! I like option B (the build-up) except that the two of you won't be alone at the end. When I got engaged, it was such a special moment that I was glad to be selfish and let it be all about us for a while. Once we had a chance to laugh, talk, and get used to being engaged, it was very exciting to talk to everybody else. But I really enjoyed our private time first.

so maybe the museum then a romantic dinner for two?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, the sand idea is just TOO PRECIOUS!!! Best of luck to you & post pics when you get engaged!
1.gif

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the support... In option "B", there wouldn't be anyone there... I would call them and let them know I was on the way and they would light the candles and do whatever else and leave.

Ken

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I like the museum one! It is very different and totally unexpected. I'm not even sure it would be necessary to have the card with your story and such (but of course you could do that too), I just think it would be neat to be admiring something in a museum and then suddenly find out you could have it! hehe. I would just make sure it was in a separate room or they closed off the room for a few minutes or something so you could have some privacy.

I like the other two as well, so i think no matter what you go with it will be great! Good luck!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Yay Northern VA! I am from Alexandria...so we're neighbors!
9.gif

I was racking my brain to try to figure out a great museum that might possibly work for this...not having any luck. I do think the Baltimore Aquarium might be a fun place to do it. I always drag my boyfriend there and we always have so much fun. Maybe they could arrange for something during the dolphin show. They always call a volunteer out of the audience...maybe you could have it arranged that they pick you two. Just a thought...and I haven't heard of anyone doing that before.

Oh, do let me know what you pick. And, I will keep thinking of places in VA that might work.

Cheers!
-Sarah
1.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
What about the Torpedo Factory in Old Town Alexandria? Its now an art gallery and there are tons of local artists there. I am sure one of them would be able to set up a display that can read "will you marry me?". Since its not a major museum, it may be easier to get them to help. Plus, its right on the water and there are tons of great restaurants to eat at afterwards. I love Il Porto if you like Italian food. Also there is the Charter House if you like Seafood.

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
That sounds like a good idea... Here is the ring I am getting. 1.298 AGS round, Ideal cut and eye clean. I put the specs up in the other forum for pricing and diamond talk.

Anyhow, I think I want to go with idea #2, so I can have her thoroughly perplexed when I take her home Sunday night and propose to her, but I'd like to incorporate the Aquarium idea into somehow. I want her to think that I am going to ask her to marry me on several occassions and the Aquarium would be a cool place to plan one of my tricks. Ha-ha! with y'alls help, I am gonna to pull off a good one, I hope anyway. Ha-ha!

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
The Torpedo Factory said that they could not accomodate me! Thanks for the suggestion though. I think I'll combine my two ideas and take her to Cape May for the night and do some things that she thinks I'll propose. On that Sunday, I'll take her to the beach with the diamonds and look for the "Cape May Stones", and then... We'll you know the rest.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results