shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling a bridal gown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aliciamt7

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know what is the best way to sell a bridal gown--my good friend wants to sell hers that she wore for her wedding, and I''ve looked into ebay, but gowns don''t seem to be big items on there. There are a ton of them on there, but not many bidders.

She only wants to get back a few hundred dollars (her dress is a beautiful Lazaro that she paid $4300 for!) so I just wanted to know if eBay would still be the best way to go? Or is there a classified board somewhere for things like this? Or any other options? Thanks alot!

Alicia

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Aliciamt7 I see you're located in NJ. There are some consignment shops in NY that stock bridal dresses like Michael's (michaelsconsignment.com) and Night Out NY. Both are on the upper east side. I'm sure there are others as well.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I've always wondered -- why do people keep their bridal gowns? As memorabilia of their wedding day? I've also heard people say they're going to pass them down to daughters -- but I've never heard anyone say they're going to wear their mother's dress. (I'm exempt from this one -- even if I were going to wear a bridal dress, I'm 7" taller than my mother!)

Are consignment dresses often done? It seems quite logical, but so do rental gowns (as opposed to tuxes) and those aren't often done, either!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results