shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok...what am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice21

Rough_Rock
So, I''ve been scrutinizing diamonds lately looking for the subtle differences in different stones and then trying to see how that impacts the price...I was looking at the obvious differences in color/clarity/size, etc and then was looking at the little things, like the angles in the sarin reports, the look of the hearts images, the strength of the idealscope...you get the picture. So anyway, the size range that I am looking for is somewhere around .8-1.0 carat and these two stones popped up. One is a .83 F/VS2 and the other a .9 F/VS2, seemingly pretty comparable stones...until you get to the price...one is 4200 and the other is 2 thousand more! How can 7 points be a $2000 difference? Can someone tell me what I am missing so that I know what else to look for? Thanks!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4726/

vs.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6203/

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not entirely sure if this is all of it, but the second stone is graded by AGS and is ideal cut, and superior & ideal everything else. The first diamond is GIA excellent cut. . .excellent polish, etc.

Hopefully someone can explain the rest as I''m curious too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call GOG and ask.
2.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Price also depends on when the stone is cut. The GIA stone is cut when diamond prices are falling, so price lower as the rough is cheaper then. (EDT: wrong, somehow read the report that it was from sept??? May 08 was almost peak in prices) Not sure when the AGS was cut as I cannot see the report.

Ask GOG, maybe it is a pricing mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results