shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Color Confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Ok,So originally the fiance and I wanted chocolate Brown,moss green,and Ivory as our colors...but since I feel like I have not found any great formal wear options for him to wear.He has these gorgeous blue eyes and and brown/auburn hair I would love to play up and I really love this look with the blue and charcoal suit.So should I change the colors and if so to what? Oh and my wedding is November 2010,and it''s at a historic inn and garden.I would appreciate any and all suggestions?

formalwear.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that pic, but it screams summer to me, personally. But don''t have an alternate recommendation right now.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
yeah I''m trying to find the compromise it''s just hard.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''m not a fan of brown and grey suits/tuxes. Especially if you aren''t getting them made and going the traditional channels of a national chain to rent. However, you can still go with your original colors and have the guys wear black. A friend of mine did this and the girls had dark brown dresses. Still looked fantastic.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could see a pic of the brown dresses with the black suits.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''ll see if I can find one. The pictures I have are on my old canon camera and they are crappy. I''ll see if I can snag one of hers for you.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks emeraldlover!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to take a moment and vent my frustration with my computer!!! It''s not letting me compress pictures any longer and I don''t know how to fix it. I know this is going to be super small and I''m not sure what else I can do. Well, let''s try it.

Attachments

• brownblackem1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 197

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Oh and just a little side note,the wedding is in the fall,but it''s also in Orlando,Fl so we don''t exactly have trees with changing leaves or anything.I think that might give me a little more room for color.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is stunning. With or without the pink. Grey, black, and plum with light pink (you can replace the light pink with a warm ivory). The guys and the ladies could be in dark grey. The guys would wear ivory vests and ties with plum boutineers. The ladies wearing dresses of charcoal in a fabric with some shine (charmuse or taffeta) carrying bouquests of ivory with plum and eggplant colored greens collaring them. You in your dress carrying a plum/eggplant bouquet.

http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2009/02/inspiration-board-84-eggplant-slate.html

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you go. You can leave in the pink, or take it out and replace it with cream.

grayeggplantwedd.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Have you considered the men wearing dark brown tuxes? I know someone had espresso brown tuxedos for the groom and GM. They could wear the brown suits with moss green vests and ties...and the BMs could wear either color as dresses with the opposite colored sash or ribbon around the bouquets....

I think that his eyes will contrast very beautifully regardless of what he''s wearing...

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I found a few brown and green canvases so I thought I would post them for you to visualize.

BrownCanvas01112010.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Here is number two

GreenCanvas01112010.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Here are both the brown and the green BM dresses:

BrownGreenBM01112010.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, here is one that has both the Espresso and the green combined:

BGCanvas01112010.jpg

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I''m loving all the suggestions! keep them coming ladies!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''m at work so I can''t so anything with photos, but we just got married in October and had choclolate brown bridesmaid dreses, dark suits for the men, and green and white flowers. Our photo thread is here in BWW (maybe on the second page?...) We loved how it looked. We actually had the BMs just buy any knee length dress they wanted in any shade of brown. They all went with chocolate and pretty much the same style
3.gif
it was kind of funny. The groomsmen all wore their own dark suits and white shirts and we got them green ties. Our green was closer to lime than olive, but the pics might give you some ideas. We loved how it looked:)

SOme of these other ideas here are lovely as well though!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy! I finally managed to kick my strange addiction to that bridal palette making website and now you post this Perfect Palette? How do you expect me to get anything done when I''m so busy looking at pretty things? Now I''ll see things and want to update my palettes at the other place ARGH!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Here's a really nice, vibrant fall palette

Linky

A very pretty brown and green palette with a great brown suit

d638478a5f6641adc34ff1f15738f129_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results