shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I met with my florist yesterday. Everything was lovely, but I was pretty shocked by the price of my bridal bouquet. I''m having a mix of white lilacs, sweet peas, garden roses, and other white fillers. The price, $185. The lilacs *might* be $40 less if they don''t have to be imported. The garden roses were $75. So, at its best, the bouquet will be $145.

I''m thinking at this price, maybe I should go with my dream bouquet...all white peonies. My wedding is in April, perfect peony season. For the brides who are doing peonies or who have done peonies, is $185 the right price range for a peony bouquet?

Everything else was very reasonable. So, I believe she was honest. I think, maybe, my choice of flowers just pushed things over the top?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s labor intensive. Plus it has to be photoperfect. For every bloom you include in a bouquet, there are three you discarded. I would go with your dream bouquet though. Absolutely. As for the price... sounds okay to me, but I''m in Nor Cal.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
House cat, where are you located? Ditto what Gyspy said, and I would just go for your dream bouquet! We DIYd our lfowers so we could have what I wanted, but it''s totally worth it b/c I love how they look in every picture, I wouldn''t change a thing. If you can swing your dream bouquet, I say do it....
3.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in Northern Calfornia too. The difference, I''m not in the Bay Area, so my prices aren''t carrying the big city premium. The capital city tends to be a little more reasonable.

I think I will call the florist tomorrow for a price quote on a peony bouquet.
1.gif

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I say definitely go for your dream bouquet of peonies!

My bouquet was peonies, cymbidium orchids, and roses and cost $175 (this was in November, so the peonies were imported).

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am in OZ and having a winter wedding in June and my quote for peonies if they could get them was $120 for a dozen I only want a simple all peony bunch

So if thats your dream bouquet go for it, may be cheaper then you think :).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 3:37:34 PM
Author:House Cat
I met with my florist yesterday. Everything was lovely, but I was pretty shocked by the price of my bridal bouquet. I''m having a mix of white lilacs, sweet peas, garden roses, and other white fillers. The price, $185. The lilacs *might* be $40 less if they don''t have to be imported. The garden roses were $75. So, at its best, the bouquet will be $145.

I''m thinking at this price, maybe I should go with my dream bouquet...all white peonies. My wedding is in April, perfect peony season. For the brides who are doing peonies or who have done peonies, is $185 the right price range for a peony bouquet?

Everything else was very reasonable. So, I believe she was honest. I think, maybe, my choice of flowers just pushed things over the top?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but depending on where you are, the peonies might not be in season in April and will probably be more expensive than lilacs to bring in. Those are mid-June/July flowers where I am on the east coast. I would ask your florist to use fewer garden roses and use sweetheart roses instead.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t say that was excessive at all. I say go for your dream one though, it''s not that much extra.

Although flowers seem a lot when you break them down, you have to think about all the labour that goes into making the posies up, picking picture-perfect blooms and simply having the responsibility of delivering perfect flowers on time on an incredibly important day. All in all, I think that price is fairly reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results