shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with this idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heel_Yes

Rough_Rock
I am planning to get engaged in a few weeks. I currently live by myself and my girlfriend comes over to my house on the weekends. Here is the plan.

She usually gets to my house around 5:00-5:30 on Friday afternoons. I am planning to have a limo waiting at the house to pick her up at 5:00-5:30. I am going to have the driver give her some roses and a card from me. I am going to tell the driver to take her to her parents house which is about 30 mintues away. Her parents will be expecting her because they will be in on the plan. Her parents will give her some more roses and another card from me. She will really be excited to see her parents and they will be excited to see her as well.

Then I would like to have the limo driver drive her to somewhere to meet me. This is where the problem is. I do not have any idea where I would want to propose to her. There is no romantic places near where we live.

Then once I propose to her I would get the driver to take us to a nice restaurant where I would already have reservations. Once we arrive at the restaurant the waiter would give her some more roses from me and we would have a nice romantic dinner.

Then the limo driver would drive us back to my house at the end of the night.
It will take 2-4 hours for all of this to take place. I want the entire night to be about her. But my problem is that I do not know where I could get the driver to take her that would be romantic?

Any suggestions or thoughts on how I could do this differently?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
noticed you live in Wilson, NC

From their website here are 50 places to see:

Wilson, NC

My best suggestions are the Library Rose Garden, the Wilson County Arboretum & Botanical Garden, and maybe even the Wilson Rose Garden, Lake wilson with a picnic set up of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the moonlight...(dessert before dinner)
or even if you could get inside the cultural center and put her on center stage, throw the spotlights and behind the curtain have a pedestal with the ring displayed and you could show up, or be behind the curtain and be on your knee in a suit or something...

Depends on your gal and your common interests, but those are just some possibilities! Good luck!!!

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish overall, but I'd probably nix the parent portion of the program. The jig is basically up when she gets in the limo, but it's really, really obvious at the parent's place. Seems to me like the proposal would practically be taking place there without you, since it will be awfully, dreadfully difficult for her parents to say nothing
saint.gif
, betray nothing
wink2.gif
, show nothing
love.gif
and just hand her your flowers and card before sending her on her way again. If you want to include her parents in the evening, I would suggest having post-engagement, post-dinner coffee/cocktails with them before heading home. Then, in my opinion, they would actually be able to share more in the joy with both of you instead of staying all bottled up. Mom can start talking wedding ideas and all that.

Again, these are just opinions on my part. I think your idea will come together nicely and hope she'll be thrilled no matter what!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I may have to agree that the limo would give it away. If my boyfriend made plans involving a limo, I would probably know what was coming next. Unless it was a special occasion. But, then again, he is not the romantic, sweep you off your feet type...so if you do a lot of romantic things, then maybe she would not suspect a thing.

But...this plan does sound very romantic. And, with all the thought you put into it, she will definitely know how much you love her.
appl.gif

Let us know what you decide to do.

Best of luck!
-Sarah

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
You have to find a place where you could stop for a short time, and be waiting for her. This would need to be a pretty and private setting. If you could find some sort of mansion or historical home that you could book for a few hours, you could get a caterer to prepare you both a gourmet meal, and you could propose in this amazing setting and then enjoy it over a romantic, private dinner together instead of going to a restaurant. I ahve three suggestions below, ranked by order of smilies!

I followed Nicrez's link for suggestions and found the Edna Boykin Cultural Center:

1.gif
"The Edna Boykin Cultural' Center was built in 1919 for Dr. L. V. Grady. This arcaded building was designed by local architect S. B. Moore. The theatre itself was originally a vaudeville house with unusually ornate details such as classical cornices, plasters and intricate circular medallions. The Hammond Gallery is accented with original elements including plasterwork and a pre-existing skylight. Open during performances and ***other times by appointment***." --> You could make an appointment to have a catered dinner there, if the centre would allow this and if it would be appropriate. It sounds nice but of course I have not seen it myself. Maybe you should check it out.

There is also: James Roundtree House

21.gif
"This house is thought to have been built by James Roundtree c. 1888. The steeply pitched roof is set gable end to the street and a boldly styled gable brace and a spire make this facade seem taller than it really is. Scalloped and square shingles are used to enrich the texture of the exterior walls, and the generous use of stained glass adds jewellike tones to the composition. Handsome porches grace the front facade and side wing; elaborately scrolled brackets, turned spindle work, columns and latticed balustrade are prominent features." I don't know if you could arrange to be alone there though and if they'dbe OK with you eating and drinking on the premises.

Nicrez also suggested the Wilson Rose Garden...

love.gif
www.wilsonrosegarden.com is their website. Click "Tour" to see pics. Seems very pretty and appropriate for what you have in mind. The roses from the limo driver would also be a cool "teaser". That might be a GREAT place to propose, if you're outdoor wedding kind of people you could return there to tie the knot and it would ahve a romantic and personal significance to you both. Here is some contact info I got off the website that might interest you - get in touch with someone there to see how you could arrange for some privacy: "The garden is available for organized tours, public meetings, weddings, and parties. Contact Wilson Parks and Recreation Department, phone (252) 399-2261, or email to Stephenie Williams for information and reservations." I clicked the link for her email address, [email protected]

Hope this helps! Good luck
appl.gif

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
Yeah I'd have to agree that the garden proposal would go well with your flower themed night! Sounds very romantic, like the choc. strawberry idea also. The parents may give it away. I now know why, but the morning of my proposal my mom was awfully huggy and happy, the limo and flowers, parents may give it away. Unless your o.k with the anticipation of it all building up in her knowing it may be at the next stop or if you want it to be a surprise. Hmmm...don't know but it sounds like your really romantic, good luck I'm sure she'll love whatever you do!
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results