shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost in space

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

300zxmuro

Rough_Rock
I only have 12 days to propose....and I do not have any clue on how to surprise her. I will have the ring ring next week. I need help, I don''t know how can I do it...please ideas....what I know if that whatever I do if is normal she will know it because she knows we are getting close to a deadline with this. Ask me any question i will respond immediately

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
First of all....breathe....calm down. You can do this.

I tend to think that proposals should be sweet, sincere, and from the heart. That's all. You don't need a huge production, you don't need to trick her. Of course, I understand that you want to make it very special, but there's no need for a huge production. Any proposal will be a great memory as long as you are sincere.

I was proposed to over breakfast in my home. I was in my PJ's and I hadn't even washed my face or brushed my teeth! Still, the memory is so special to me. It's one of my most favorite memories so far.

Try to think of what your GF would like. Is she a private person? Is she shy, or does she like to attract attention? If she's the shy type, she may not appreciate a proposal in front of a whole restaurant, or in front of a big crowd in a public place.

Why don't you just plan a nice evening? Flowers, nice dinner, nice dessert. Then, when you feel like the time is right, you can propose!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Welcome 300zxmuro! Congrats on the big step!!!

Sumi's right, know thy girl!

If she's always been a dramatic, grand sort of person a quiet proposal could be a bit of a let down. If she's a quiet shy girl, you going out and being dramatic and public may be a horror and over the top for her. Know thy girl!

Also, what are some favorite things you guys share, or what are HER favorite things. I think sincerity in a proposal is ABSOLUTELY KEY, and also it helps to be thoughtful, and doting. Like if she really like a certain flower, get her some. Things that make her think you listen when she speaks, that you care about how she feels, and that you MADE AN EFFORT to do this all for HER!

Big no no would be to get TOO complicated if you don't have the time, money or the girl to go with it. Keeping it simple and sincere makes it easier for you and more comfortable for her. Also, if you could possibly get help from friends...?

Tell us about her a bit, or your situation, where you want to do it (state or town), etc...

300zxmuro

Rough_Rock
Thank you both, you guys are so sweet....
rodent.gif

I have a 1.51 carats VS2 G in a beautiful Jeff Couper Setting for her. She is kindof shy and open at the same time I think I should go with a middle surprise...the problem is this on May 5th. we are heading to a friends wedding in NC and I wanted her to wear the ring that day. That's the wonder why I need to move fast. She is kindof in alert about this because she smell a little bit about this so I think the simplest the better. I'm sure if I told her let's go to have a nice dinner she will know I will propose. I don't want to do something that she will be disapointed, actually the ring is gorgeous ( I will send pics soon ) so there is no way to be disappointed at all.
I could do somethng with flower, or rent a hotel room or a dinner picnic....any clue
loopy.gif

Thank you ladies

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
may 5th is cinco day mayo...fiesta, sombrero?? Just a thought. My fiance' had thrown me off the day he proposed by telling me I needed to figure out what ring I wanted. It sounds like she knows its coming soon as did I. By making that comment I thought he'd be proposing within the next month, not that night! Good Luck! -Sarah
appl.gif

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
p.s. ring sounds absolutely gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results