shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Medical Professionals

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I was assigned to do a project on a particular therapeutic diet, diets for wasting diseases. All I can find is TPN for diseases like ALS and the like. Is there something I am missing?? I''ve tried googling variations of this phrase as well as just "therapeutic diets" but I cannot find anything listed for this diet!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I don't work with adults, so I am not sure if this will help or not.

But in medicine there is a saying "if the gut works use it."

So in kids who are not getting enough nutrition (because of cancer, diseases that increase the metabolic rate ect) we try to supplement them with high calorie formulas. If they won't take it by mouth, and are very malnourished, we often put a g-tube in and give them feeds through that.

I know adults have similar formulas, like ensure, but I don't remember g-tubes being used in adults when I was in medical school.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of wasting disease are we talking here? That''s a pretty broad category. And are you talking PROVEN diets or anecdotal "helpful" diets?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
These would be prescribed diets.. similar to a "diabetic diet."

It''s not specific as to what kind of wasting disease either.. but after more research I think it might be diets for cachexia ? High protein, high calorie diets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results