shape
carat
color
clarity

If you don''t mind my asking...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
How much are you paying/did you pay for hair and makeup? I know this will vary from region to region/city to city, but I''m just trying to get an idea of what people pay. If you wouldn''t mind posting a general location of your wedding (i.e. NYC, suburban Chicago, rural Kansas, whatever) and the price, I would be SO.VERY.APPRECIATIVE!!! Thanks ladies! I will post what I''m considering in a little bit to see what you all think.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Airbrush make-up was $100 for me and $60/BM

Hair was $175/hour. (Assuming 1 hr for Bride and 30 minutes per BM)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I did my own, but when my BF got married a few years ago she had someone come to the house and it was $25 per updo (minimum of 5 updos) in rural PA which was a steal! In Chicago suburbs where my other friend got married it was $75 updo and $75 make-up.

In NYC where I live, its like $150 each for hair and make-up if you mention the word wedding and $75-$100 each with out the word wedding...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Disclaimer, mine was expensive. BUT, she stayed with me from 9 am to 6 pm (wedding started at 4:00pm) and she was more than just an MUA and Hairdresser she was like a personal assistant.

I'm in NorCal, and I paid 1000. Maria Chang of Professional Makeup Artistry. And yes, it was worth every penny. In fact, I even tipped her. despite the pricing and the fact that she owns the business. That's how good she was.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m 20 minutes outside of Philly, and am paying $175 for a consult and all day coverage of my MU with 2 MUA''s. BM MU will cost $50/gal.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in NYC. I''m paying $1250 for hair (for me + 8 others. and she stays for 8 hours which leaves touch up time) and $650 for makeup (for me + 4 others. and she stays 4 hours). Not all the girls wanted to do makeup which is the reason for only booking a half day for that.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t priced mine out yet, but a wedding I was part of last spring in central philly the hairdresser came to the hotel where we got ready and charged $75 an up due. On a side note, while I would have been happy to tip her I was a little annoyed when I handed her a $100 bill and she took it and moved on...I hadn''t known I was going to spend an additional $25 and others had paid her the direct fee. I found out after that the bride had planned to and did give her a lump tip meant to cover everyone.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 8:27:50 AM
Author: mayachel
I haven''t priced mine out yet, but a wedding I was part of last spring in central philly the hairdresser came to the hotel where we got ready and charged $75 an up due. On a side note, while I would have been happy to tip her I was a little annoyed when I handed her a $100 bill and she took it and moved on...I hadn''t known I was going to spend an additional $25 and others had paid her the direct fee. I found out after that the bride had planned to and did give her a lump tip meant to cover everyone.

How cheeky! I would totally have asked where my change was... but I''m shameless like that.

The prices I''ve been quoted for hair and makeup so far (UK, outside London) have been in the region of £150 for both, which is about $225. That''s for one artist to come home to do it, including a trial.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My Hair dresser, she is self owned, started charging the $175/hour when she left her house (it was about 40 miles from her place to the hotel)... needless to say, we were not leaving a tip as well. I knew about the travel charge ahead of time by asking, it was not something she sprung on me at the last minute.

Our MUA's also charged for travel, about 20 miles, but they own their own company, and I have a problem tipping people that are pocketing everything that you give them. (no overhead)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My hair cost me $40. It was this tiny salon my SIL found for prom 2 years ago and she was fabulous! This was a suburb of Seattle. Other places I''d looked were $100-300 for my hair alone! SIL did my makeup for me, so that was free.
16.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I got a makeup consultation, and bought ~$100 worth of products. I felt like that was a better deal since I could re-use the products, and I liked doing my makeup myself (and I didn''t like some of the things the consultant did).

I shopped around, read reviews (Yelp is great!), and got my hair done for $60. I live in the Sacramento, CA area.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
My hair & make-up will be $145, which includes a consultation and trial for hair and make-up. If I want airbrushed make-up that is $20 more. If the girls want hair & make-up it''s also $145 or $75 if they only want one service done. Most of the hair & make-up artists I contacted had similiar prices. I''m pretty happy with the price; especially since they will come to me so we can all get ready together at the hotel and drink mimosas :)

I''m in Charlotte, NC.

Gosh.. hmm.. i have it written down somewhere, I believe for 3 people hair/ make-up and a massage (package, I believe) is a little above $1000 total.

OK if I'm reading my notes right, it's $115 +20% per person for the hair & make-up but that's in Vegas.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, ok. Thanks to everyone who responded! There''s definitely a range, which I guess I expected. Are any of the Chicago girls familiar with Sonia Roselli? I just read about a special she''s running for her "new talent." I can get my hair/makeup done at the hotel for $300- that includes airbrushing and lashes. I''ve heard GREAT things about Sonia, but this will be one of her new associates, not her. I am having trouble figuring out who to go with, especially since we don''t have a bridal party. I guess from what I''m reading here, it''s not TOO crazy a price, but that still seems like so much for hair & makeup!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2010 9:42:03 PM
Author: Ms.Goggles
Hmmm, ok. Thanks to everyone who responded! There''s definitely a range, which I guess I expected. Are any of the Chicago girls familiar with Sonia Roselli? I just read about a special she''s running for her ''new talent.'' I can get my hair/makeup done at the hotel for $300- that includes airbrushing and lashes. I''ve heard GREAT things about Sonia, but this will be one of her new associates, not her. I am having trouble figuring out who to go with, especially since we don''t have a bridal party. I guess from what I''m reading here, it''s not TOO crazy a price, but that still seems like so much for hair & makeup!

I live in Chicago, and though I haven''t heard of Sonia Roselli, but my sister is a MUA and I know from experience that airbrush AND lashes will cost you a pretty penny. If you are getting Hair and Makeup done for $300 with those 2 services you are getting a good deal. Bridal makeup and hair is usually quite expensive and $300 isn''t much IMO. Check out some big name salons like Mario and ASHA online and see what they charge for bridal makeup and hair, that should help you compare pricing.

Also, if you have never done airbrush it is FANTASTIC and looks AMAZING in photos. Good luck!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I had a lovely woman come to my suite at the resort and do Me, the BMs and my Mum. We each paid $160 for hair and makeup. I also paid an extra $100 for her to come back and do touchups on all of us an hour before the reception (half way through the pics). She also took my veil out, added hair flowers etc. She was totally worth it IMO. I had gastro and an injection in my toosh 4 hours before the wedding and looked a little worse for wear. When she was finished, I have to say, I looked pretty darn good, if I say so myself.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results