shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this insulting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2010 6:01:08 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 1/4/2010 5:53:51 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 1/4/2010 12:20:11 AM

Date: 1/4/2010 12:07:12 AM

Author: princesss

Date:
1/3/2010 10:55:46 PM

NakedFinger, I wouldn't worry about it. Threads about weight here always go the same way: women of all sizes should be accepted just as they are...unless they're actually thin! (Then they probably have an eating disorder and need to eat a sandwich/biscuit/cheeseburger.) It sounds like your friend doesn't care and that's all that matters.

Thing, you're just cranky because you're hungry. Go eat a hamburger and see if you feel better.*runs for cover*

2.gif

I'd love one but I already had a grape and 2 cotton balls today so I really shouldn't. Summer's just around the corner and I've got to be bikini ready-you know how it goes!
11.gif
HI:

Snort!
9.gif
As I am a negative size zero, I am familiar with the air, cb and grape menu--but please explain the sandwich/biscuit/burger thingie. What is it? A new phenom?

I'm not positive, but I think those are the things that morbidly obese people tend to eat.
11.gif
3.gif
12.gif
Do you want to know what is not fair? I don't eat beef or pork anymore...for my own personal reasons (not wanting to eat cows or pigs). I haven't for years. I can live without steak, although sometimes the thought of steak strips fried in butter to heat them or a club steak with mustard still sounds appealing. But I used to love meatloaf; meatballs; lasagne; moussaka; pastitsio; etcetera. And I loved the McDonald's egg, sausage, and cheese biscuits. Now I carefully look through every appetizer at Christmas trying to make sure there is no bacon among the ingredients. I can't even eat the devilled ham and cream cheese dip with Fritos that my cousins all make and eat on every occasion!

I am lucky that I can cook. I am not evolved enough to be a total vegetarian, so I still cook with and eat poultry. I use ground turkey instead of ground beef and make homemade lasagne with it and homemade chili. I still miss those McDonald's breakfast biscuits, though.

AGBF
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
as usual +1 Alj... but then again IMO life is too short to be sensitive or offended all the time.

re: twinkies... anyone watch Snacks Unwrapped on Food Network? that show is EVIL. it takes you into the factories of places where they make things like twinkies, cherry pies, cheesy poofs. and somehow watching how it's made MAKES IT LOOK REALLY GOOD. hence needing a box of twinkies, it was on SU last week. and those waxy cherry pies, remember the CHOCOLATE ONES??? yep they showed how those are made too. and now i am jonesing to find me a waxy chocolate hostess pie. it was amazingly hard to find twinkies actually. i had to settle for walgreens brand 'snack cremes' over the wkd, the horror.

i love ho-hos and ding dongs too. and hostess cupcakes. and bacon on my cheeseburger. egads no wonder i gained 33 lbs while pregnant!!
3.gif

PS...don't eat grapes if you want to stay SKINNY...they are all sugar and are typically consumed by women letting themselves go since they got married.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
"devilled ham and cream cheese dip with Fritos"

Ok - now I want some. I''ll take that over a twinkie any day!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara I think you''re confusing grapes with BON BONS haha - I''m just going to lay on the couch and have the pool boy pop those in my mouth ;-)

BTW for creamy goodness it''s the Suzy Q winner hands down - just throw the chocolate cream holders away when done licking out the insides haha

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 7:54:38 PM
Author: Mara
as usual +1 Alj... but then again IMO life is too short to be sensitive or offended all the time.

re: twinkies... anyone watch Snacks Unwrapped on Food Network? that show is EVIL. it takes you into the factories of places where they make things like twinkies, cherry pies, cheesy poofs. and somehow watching how it''s made MAKES IT LOOK REALLY GOOD. hence needing a box of twinkies, it was on SU last week. and those waxy cherry pies, remember the CHOCOLATE ONES??? yep they showed how those are made too. and now i am jonesing to find me a waxy chocolate hostess pie. it was amazingly hard to find twinkies actually. i had to settle for walgreens brand ''snack cremes'' over the wkd, the horror.

i love ho-hos and ding dongs too. and hostess cupcakes. and bacon on my cheeseburger. egads no wonder i gained 33 lbs while pregnant!!
3.gif

PS...don''t eat grapes if you want to stay SKINNY...they are all sugar and are typically consumed by women letting themselves go since they got married.

Mara, I love that show! The tour of the Jelly Belly factory was the best. It didn''t look that good when I lived there and took the tour! It''s totally unfair!

hihowareyou

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bikinis are the ultimate physiological weapon that we use against ourselves. I think it is probably rare than anyone size 0-30 really feels completely at ease with their body in one.

I''ve never been happy with what I look like in a bikini and I''m a size 6 (smallest aus size, but most brands run their sizing larger now so most stores don''t cater for me). My skin is too pale, my legs are too short, my thighs are too dimpled, upper arms droop, have a little bit of a muffin top, etc. I don''t hate myself or think I''m fat or anything like that, just once the bikini is on it completely alters the way I look at myself. The solution is simple right? Just don''t wear the bikini! When I do that I have larger girls questioning why I''m not wearing one and there is no way to get out of that conversation without inadvertently insulting someone.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I came back to look at this thread and now I can''t even remember what it''s about...all I know is that I now want McDonald''s cheeseburgers and some oatmeal pies
18.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 7:41:13 PM
Author: AGBF
Date: 1/4/2010 6:01:08 PM

Date: 1/4/2010 5:53:51 PM

Author: canuk-gal

Date: 1/4/2010 12:20:11 AM

Date: 1/4/2010 12:07:12 AM

Author: princesss

Date:
1/3/2010 10:55:46 PM

NakedFinger, I wouldn''t worry about it. Threads about weight here always go the same way: women of all sizes should be accepted just as they are...unless they''re actually thin! (Then they probably have an eating disorder and need to eat a sandwich/biscuit/cheeseburger.) It sounds like your friend doesn''t care and that''s all that matters.

Thing, you''re just cranky because you''re hungry. Go eat a hamburger and see if you feel better.*runs for cover*

2.gif

I''d love one but I already had a grape and 2 cotton balls today so I really shouldn''t. Summer''s just around the corner and I''ve got to be bikini ready-you know how it goes!
11.gif
HI:

Snort!
9.gif
As I am a negative size zero, I am familiar with the air, cb and grape menu--but please explain the sandwich/biscuit/burger thingie. What is it? A new phenom?

I''m not positive, but I think those are the things that morbidly obese people tend to eat.
11.gif
3.gif
12.gif

Do you want to know what is not fair? I don''t eat beef or pork anymore...for my own personal reasons (not wanting to eat cows or pigs). I haven''t for years. I can live without steak, although sometimes the thought of steak strips fried in butter to heat them or a club steak with mustard still sounds appealing. But I used to love meatloaf; meatballs; lasagne; moussaka; pastitsio; etcetera. And I loved the McDonald''s egg, sausage, and cheese biscuits. Now I carefully look through every appetizer at Christmas trying to make sure there is no bacon among the ingredients. I can''t even eat the devilled ham and cream cheese dip with Fritos that my cousins all make and eat on every occasion!

I am lucky that I can cook. I am not evolved enough to be a total vegetarian, so I still cook with and eat poultry. I use ground turkey instead of ground beef and make homemade lasagne with it and homemade chili. I still miss those McDonald''s breakfast biscuits, though.

AGBF

34.gif

I love McDonald''s breakfast! My favorite is the sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin. (I actually don''t like biscuits of any kind-they''re too greasy and buttery!
14.gif
) I''m impressed with your self control, Deb-I don''t know if I could ever give up McDonald''s breakfast totally. I have it pretty much every Saturday morning!
18.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always been thin, too thin sometimes, according to DH. However, if I ever felt the need to call my own butt fat, I wouldn''t care if someone''d consider it an insult to themselves. It''s my own body, I have the right to like it or not like it. Just because you don''t like your body either, doesn''t mean I''m fishing for compliments or that I''m trying to hurt you.

What if you believed that I''m prettier than you and I said I hated my nose? Would you think I was out of line?

Or if you were in a relationship with a man who is physically abusive, and your friend was in a relationship with a cheater? If she complained about it, would you think she''s being rude because your situation is so much worse?

Everyone has a right to express their thoughts and feelings about themselves freely, even more so when it''s in front of someone who''s supposed to be a friend.

Just... get over it already. Don''t tell me to go get a cheeseburger and don''t tell me to stop eating cheeseburgers. Each and every one of us is vain enough to want to look her best and each and every one of us is more beautiful and special than she knows.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 6:12:49 AM
Author: AdiS
I've always been thin, too thin sometimes, according to DH. However, if I ever felt the need to call my own butt fat, I wouldn't care if someone'd consider it an insult to themselves. It's my own body, I have the right to like it or not like it. Just because you don't like your body either, doesn't mean I'm fishing for compliments or that I'm trying to hurt you.

What if you believed that I'm prettier than you and I said I hated my nose? Would you think I was out of line?

Or if you were in a relationship with a man who is physically abusive, and your friend was in a relationship with a cheater? If she complained about it, would you think she's being rude because your situation is so much worse?

Everyone has a right to express their thoughts and feelings about themselves freely, even more so when it's in front of someone who's supposed to be a friend.

Just... get over it already. Don't tell me to go get a cheeseburger and don't tell me to stop eating cheeseburgers. Each and every one of us is vain enough to want to look her best and each and every one of us is more beautiful and special than she knows.

Ditto this.

If she was offended by a one-off casual comment about your OWN body, it's her issue, not yours. Forget about it
1.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 8:32:29 PM
Author: hihowareyou
Bikinis are the ultimate physiological weapon that we use against ourselves. I think it is probably rare than anyone size 0-30 really feels completely at ease with their body in one.

I''ve never been happy with what I look like in a bikini and I''m a size 6 (smallest aus size, but most brands run their sizing larger now so most stores don''t cater for me). My skin is too pale, my legs are too short, my thighs are too dimpled, upper arms droop, have a little bit of a muffin top, etc. I don''t hate myself or think I''m fat or anything like that, just once the bikini is on it completely alters the way I look at myself. The solution is simple right? Just don''t wear the bikini! When I do that I have larger girls questioning why I''m not wearing one and there is no way to get out of that conversation without inadvertently insulting someone.
I can help.

1. Because I"m too modest.
2. Because I don''t find them comfortable
3. Because I prefer a one-piece.
4. Because I don''t want to.

All perfectly fine answers that don''t open Pandora''s box.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always been thin, too thin sometimes, according to DH. However, if I ever felt the need to call my own butt fat, I wouldn''t care if someone''d consider it an insult to themselves. It''s my own body, I have the right to like it or not like it. Just because you don''t like your body either, doesn''t mean I''m fishing for compliments or that I''m trying to hurt you.

What if you believed that I''m prettier than you and I said I hated my nose? Would you think I was out of line?

Or if you were in a relationship with a man who is physically abusive, and your friend was in a relationship with a cheater? If she complained about it, would you think she''s being rude because your situation is so much worse?

Everyone has a right to express their thoughts and feelings about themselves freely, even more so when it''s in front of someone who''s supposed to be a friend.

Just... get over it already. Don''t tell me to go get a cheeseburger and don''t tell me to stop eating cheeseburgers. Each and every one of us is vain enough to want to look her best and each and every one of us is more beautiful and special than she knows.

Well said Adi!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Omg, this thread is making me hungry.

And Mara, I have always loved potatoes, but since being pregnant I want to eat them ALL DAY.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP that is how I could have told you you were having a BOY haha. Old wives tale of course. But I am obsessed with potatoes now too. Baked, fried, mashed, whatever. and Cereal.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
AGBF- have you thought about getting sausage seasoning and making your own sausage patties out of ground turkey. They aren''t exactly the same, but the flavor is good. Add a biscuit, cheese and egg and you have a homemade McDonald''s breakfast.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/5/2010 11:54:22 AM
Author: Rebot

AGBF- have you thought about getting sausage seasoning and making your own sausage patties out of ground turkey. They aren't exactly the same, but the flavor is good. Add a biscuit, cheese and egg and you have a homemade McDonald's breakfast.
Thanks, Rebot. Without turning this thread into one about my health and dietary needs, it is difficult to say anything except that I have found turkey and chicken sausages of various kinds. Why I am not eating sausage, eggs, and cheese much these days would take us into a whole other arena! But you are very thoughtful to have mentioned the idea of turkey sausage and I appreciate it!

AGBF
34.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 8:48:08 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Well said Adi!
Thanks HH (and LilyKat!)
1.gif

I just wish we could finally realize what amazing ladies all of us really are and stop bickering about stupid things like our weight, for example. This is not the first weight related thread where people get overly sensitive and start exchanging veiled (or not that veiled) insults and talk about skinny girls vs overweight girls like there''s some kind of war going on and we''re in two enemy camps. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results