carat
color
clarity

Perfume...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 11:11:25 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Estee Lauder Private Collection Gardenia is a great floral!!!!!!
I will have to check this out!!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:08:07 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 11/13/2009 12:06:01 PM

Author: Callisto

I''m very picky about perfumes as they tend to make me sick if they are too sweet, too strong, too flowery, pretty much too anything.

I''m the kind of person that has to put the perfume on in a store, go shopping for two hours and if I don''t hate the smell after that I will go buy it... which has only happened once in about 4 years so I''ve been exclusively wearing:

Calvin Klein Euphoria

And i got a great deal on it on Amazon so it wasn''t even that expensive, which is always nice.

Thats a good method Callisto, too many folk judge too quickly, the top notes wear off within a few minutes of a fragrance, what is more important are the middle and basenotes, those are what you are left with once a fragrance dies down, so important to give a perfume time on your skin to get an accurate idea of suitability.

Yeah I very often love it when I first put it on and then within about two stores I want to scrub it off me. I always stop at the perfume counter on my way in and try something on before I do the rest of my shopping, it really allows you to try out that scent.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went into L'Occitane to buy some lotions this weekend. hehe I love this store by the way. I never bought their perfumes but put one on and ended up loving it and buying it. I bought Eau de la Recolte Bleue - Lavender Harvest here is what the website says about it.

Instant transport to the South of France. Blends our signature "true" A.O.C. lavender essential oil with the fresh green scent of leaves, freesia, peach and marigold, on a bed of sensual wood and musk. A lavender to delight in
30.gif
I love this scent; it smells sooooooo good!!! Hubby likes it too
emthup.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if anyone mention this before but my sister bought my mom and I these sephora fragrance samplers for our birthdays. I love it and throught it was a great present. It comes with a guide and a voucher for a bottle of your favorite perfume too. Theres the links:
Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her ($94 Value)
Collector''s Edition Fragrance Sampler For Her
They have them for men as well. I''m going for get one for my bother for Christmas and I have a friend who is getting one for his bf.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chanel lovers, feast your eyes on THIS.......
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2009 9:16:28 AM
30.gif

6.gif
*jaw drops*

I got some new perfume this weekend :) flowerbomb OMG it smells so good when you first spray it, the smell is not the best but after about a 1/2 an hour the smell settles into a lovely raspberry/honey/vanilla/floral smell the best thing is all day I can still smell little wafts of it on myself so in love
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2009 8:02:57 AM
Author: Deelight

30.gif

6.gif
*jaw drops*

I got some new perfume this weekend :) flowerbomb OMG it smells so good when you first spray it, the smell is not the best but after about a 1/2 an hour the smell settles into a lovely raspberry/honey/vanilla/floral smell the best thing is all day I can still smell little wafts of it on myself so in love
30.gif
I like FB too Dezza, its really pretty! I should get some......
11.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 10:48:49 AM
Author: dragonfly411
I am officially on a vanilla hunt. I''m not sure what vanillas are good? I''ve been doing a lot of TB lately and don''t want to use it all up (not that I can), any thoughts?

A friend of mine wears vanilla oil by the body shop on me it smells horrid on her she smells like a mixture of chicco babies and marshmellows it is the a really yummy scent, might be something worth looking into if you want a vanilla hit :).

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 8:03:47 AM

30.gif

6.gif
*jaw drops*

30.gif

11.gif

Do it is just so yummmy and really one spray lasts all day unlike my DKNY fresh blossom
7.gif

I got FI''s parents to get it for me duty free when they came back from OS last weekend with the every intention of paying them for it (I got the 100ml bottle *divvine*) but they decided to gift it to me
6.gif
not happy about that, working on a nice way to ensure that I pay for it.

There is apprently 2 FB''s Lozza one that smells like citrus and one that smells like mine this one is better, the citrus is nice but not as nice :).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2009 8:08:09 AM

Date: 11/23/2009 8:03:47 AM

30.gif

6.gif
*jaw drops*

30.gif

11.gif

Do it is just so yummmy and really one spray lasts all day unlike my DKNY fresh blossom
7.gif

I got FI''s parents to get it for me duty free when they came back from OS last weekend with the every intention of paying them for it (I got the 100ml bottle *divvine*) but they decided to gift it to me
6.gif
not happy about that, working on a nice way to ensure that I pay for it.

There is apprently 2 FB''s Lozza one that smells like citrus and one that smells like mine this one is better, the citrus is nice but not as nice :).
I tried one FB today Dezza and it was really pretty, not sure which one it was though. I also tried Creed Love in White and I have a horrible feeling that one will haunt me.....
25.gif

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
I used to have 10-15 perfumes at the same time, when I was in my teens, but that was too much. I have cut them down to 4-5 at a time.

The ones I currently have are: Chanel No5 Eau Premiere, Poeme by Lancome, Bulgari Omnia Amethyst & Bulgari Jasmine Noir.

I generally prefer French perfumes, with the exception of Bulgari. I''m gonna buy JPG''s Fragile before Christmas.

The one I truly miss is "Nu" by YSL. I heard they stopped producing it, which is so disappointing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 5:13:30 PM
Author: Christiana
I used to have 10-15 perfumes at the same time, when I was in my teens, but that was too much. I have cut them down to 4-5 at a time.

The ones I currently have are: Chanel No5 Eau Premiere, Poeme by Lancome, Bulgari Omnia Amethyst & Bulgari Jasmine Noir.

I generally prefer French perfumes, with the exception of Bulgari. I''m gonna buy JPG''s Fragile before Christmas.

The one I truly miss is ''Nu'' by YSL. I heard they stopped producing it, which is so disappointing.
Hi Christiana

How do you find the longevity of Eau Premiere? I find it disappears on me after about an hour....
39.gif
Its such a shame as it is a beautiful version of No 5.

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Hello Lorelei,

I can confirm this, it''s quite disappointing. Every time I wear Chanel''s Eau Premiere very few people compliment me. I had thought the same thing, this perfume doesn''t last that long. Especially when I compare it to Clinique''s Aromatic Elixir, it becomes quite clear. Whenever I wore Elixir people went crazy about it.

What do you think of Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier? Is it worth it?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 5:14:08 PM
Hello Lorelei,

I can confirm this, it's quite disappointing. Every time I wear Chanel's Eau Premiere very few people compliment me. I had thought the same thing, this perfume doesn't last that long. Especially when I compare it to Clinique's Aromatic Elixir, it becomes quite clear. Whenever I wore Elixir people went crazy about it.

HI:

I really liked Fragile when I sampled it (I love tuberose....)--but I don't know of its staying power.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tried the new Prada floral today--orangey ++ and mega staying power. Lovely. Seriously considered it.

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Lorelei,

I can confirm this, it''s quite disappointing. Every time I wear Chanel''s Eau Premiere very few people compliment me. I had thought the same thing, this perfume doesn''t last that long. Especially when I compare it to Clinique''s Aromatic Elixir, it becomes quite clear. Whenever I wore Elixir people went crazy about it.

I haven''t tried Fragile but will do so next time I am in a store that carries it. I know what you mean about AE, I ALWAYS get stopped and complimented when I wear that and it lasts all day.

Sharon, I tried the green Prada which was nice but I will look out for this one. Good lasting power is such a plus too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 4:19:46 PM

Hello Lorelei,

I haven''t tried Fragile but will do so next time I am in a store that carries it. I know what you mean about AE, I ALWAYS get stopped and complimented when I wear that and it lasts all day.

Sharon, I tried the green Prada which was nice but I will look out for this one. Good lasting power is such a plus too.
HI:

Hye Miss Lorelei!!!
35.gif

I thought I might liken the new Prada to the orange blossom by Jo Malone--but there was something unique about the Prada that didn''t make it really comparable--yet I can''t place the notes....they had no samples tho.....
8.gif

cheers--Sharon

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both, Canuk-gal and Lorelei
1.gif

I haven''t bought Fragile yet, so I have plenty of time to look for the new Prada you recommended, compare it to Fragile & then decide which one to buy.

Happy Christmas shopping to all
21.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2009 11:03:27 AM
Thank you both, Canuk-gal and Lorelei
1.gif

I haven''t bought Fragile yet, so I have plenty of time to look for the new Prada you recommended, compare it to Fragile & then decide which one to buy.

Happy Christmas shopping to all
21.gif
HI:

Indeed! You find them very different animals to be sure! Amd with Christmas gift sets abound, you''ll get great values!

cheers--Sharon

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
My favourite is D&G light blue. It''s like being on holiday even when you''re not...
1.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My alltime favorite signature fragrance is CHLOE.
emlove.gif
I began wearing it when it first came out 30 years ago {honestly, I was a babe in diapers!}. I adore it.

My other favorites are:
Bvlgari Rose
Joe Malone Jasmine Honeysuckle
Le''a--this doesn''t have a long-lasting scent, I have to spray some on my clothes if I want it to last.
Lilac by Elizabeth Wilson--a pure lilac scent. Heavenly

I''m strictly a floral girl anything too woodsy gives me a headache. And anything gardenia makes me my stomach hurt
8.gif

How do you store yours? I keep mine in a drawer in the fridge.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
right now I love Chloe

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My favourite right now is Bond No. 9''s Scent of Peace.
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 8:32:48 PM
Author: Amber St. Clare
My alltime favorite signature fragrance is CHLOE.
emlove.gif
I began wearing it when it first came out 30 years ago {honestly, I was a babe in diapers!}. I adore it.

My other favorites are:
Bvlgari Rose
Joe Malone Jasmine Honeysuckle
Le''a--this doesn''t have a long-lasting scent, I have to spray some on my clothes if I want it to last.
Lilac by Elizabeth Wilson--a pure lilac scent. Heavenly

I''m strictly a floral girl anything too woodsy gives me a headache. And anything gardenia makes me my stomach hurt
8.gif

How do you store yours? I keep mine in a drawer in the fridge.
H:

Isn''t Gardenia a flower? hehehee
2.gif
9.gif
I can see how some are cloying.....

cheers--Sharon

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
yes, gardenia is DEFINITELY a floral. It also activates my gag reflex. I chalk it up to a grandmother who didn''t know the meaning of the word moderation and practically bathed in the stuff.
23.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 12:35:58 PM
Author: Amber St. Clare
yes, gardenia is DEFINITELY a floral. It also activates my gag reflex. I chalk it up to a grandmother who didn''t know the meaning of the word moderation and practically bathed in the stuff.
23.gif
HI:

Gotcha! Some renditions do that to me a well.

I worked with a gal who I swear used to "drink" Opium, as her pores ozzed the stuff......
14.gif
; turned me off forever....

cheers--Sharon

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Jo Malone''s Orange Blossom, and also her Nectarine Blossom & Honey. I recently picked up a bottle of Coach, and I''m loving it!
30.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
J''adore is my main summer scent. I get lots of compliments on it.

This winter I''ve been wearing Lola by Marc Jacobs and LOVING it. FI comes home from work everyday and hugs me and puts his nose to my neck and inhales really deeply. I gave up smoking a couple years ago so he really loves me smelling like pretty perfume and not nasty cigarettes (and so do I!)

Based on the two I currently use, are there any others you ladies would recommend? I had a sample of Gold by Donna Karan and I was really digging that. It reminded me of The Bellagio in Las Vegas. I have no idea why.
33.gif
I really also liked SJP''s Lovely, but that didn''t last long on me at all

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I have worn "Clean" perfume for years now - smells like I just showered kind-off.

I now sometimes wear Nectarine Blossom and Honey by Jo Malone or one that I just got for Christmas - L''Imperatrice by D&G (fruity/sweet smelling).

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I almost exclusively wear Jo Malone. Love her Pomegranate and Orange Blossom scents. I think Im due for a new one soon though!!
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results