shape
carat
color
clarity

Boxing Day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to know if anyone was going to go shopping tomorrow for the Boxing Day/Day after Xmas sales? If you are, are you looking for anything specific or just looking for good deals?

Since I have to catch a flight in the afternoon, I''ve got my game plan all ready and the alarm is set so I can get to the mall right when it opens. I need specific things and am going to try to avoid buying any extras this year which is pretty hard since I do love a good deal. I just hope that there won''t be a lot of people right at the opening as it''s a mall and I would think people wouldn''t really line up at the entrances all night long, would they?

36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
DH and I had to go to the mall to return some stuff, and we were looking for a couple of specific things, but it was so insanely crowded that it turned out to be a bit of a bust - we did what we absolutely had to, agreed we''d go back another time for the rest, and then left...

I hope your shopping experience was much more positive and productive!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I did go out with the intention of finding some nice black cashmere--sweater. Nada! Pciked over at the end of the season/no sizes.

Did however get the "new" LV Brea in Vernais (patton)--launching next week! No deals on that I''m afraid!

cheers--Sharon

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 9:22:05 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I did go out with the intention of finding some nice black cashmere--sweater. Nada! Pciked over at the end of the season/no sizes.

Did however get the ''new'' LV Brea in Vernais (patton)--launching next week! No deals on that I''m afraid!

cheers--Sharon

Oooh! Did you post pictures of your new bag?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2009 12:54:29 AM
Author: Kitcha

HI:

Did however get the ''new'' LV Brea in Vernais (patton)--launching next week! No deals on that I''m afraid!

cheers--Sharon

Oooh! Did you post pictures of your new bag?
HI:

No, I have not received it yet as the launch is next week...will get it after.....

Off to shop today with my DH for loot.....

cheers--Sharon

4ever

Ideal_Rock
BF and I hit up the boxing day sales this year. I swear, boxing day is the only shopping day in New Zealand were people go absolutly mental for bargins. People can be rude and pushy. We also walked to the shops because there is about a 1% chance of finding a park without circling the carpark for 30 mins.

I didn''t find as many bargin things as expected, the sales before Christmas this year were pretty big because people havn''t been buying as much this year, so there wasn''t usually too much of a reduction on the pre-christmas price except on larger items such as whitewear, tvs etc which we don''t need. I got a nice wide purple leaher belt I''d been eyeing up since October for 75% off and BF got trainers, a t-shirt, 2 xbox games and some aftershave which were all reduced.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Weeeeee, got a Dolce and Gabanna coat, Gucci blouse and Armani tee today--for 60% off! Total score!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
There was a news report that the "New Year" sales are supposed to be better than those last week. Lush Cosmetics has 3 for 1 on all soaps!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon - I had the EXACT same problem - I''ve been looking everywhere for a black cashmere sweater I like, and so far no luck at all - every time I find something I like, its not available in my size
7.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2010 6:07:54 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

HI:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon - I had the EXACT same problem - I''ve been looking everywhere for a black cashmere sweater I like, and so far no luck at all - every time I find something I like, its not available in my size
7.gif
Hi:

AG if you find one post it! There were some at Banana Republic but I didn''t like the neckline.....

cheers--Sharon

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sharon - I will post anything I find for sure. Right now I''m liking the J Crew designs better than most of the others I''ve seen - the last few things I''ve bought from Banana Republic broke down on me after just a handful of wearings - they sprang holes or similar, so I''m not super into BR right now...

Unfortunately, all the styles I liked at J Crew sold out in my size. I''m hoping they''ll get some new/replenished stock in soon, since it is still Winter...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2010 7:28:18 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Sharon - I will post anything I find for sure. Right now I''m liking the J Crew designs better than most of the others I''ve seen - the last few things I''ve bought from Banana Republic broke down on me after just a handful of wearings - they sprang holes or similar, so I''m not super into BR right now...

Unfortunately, all the styles I liked at J Crew sold out in my size. I''m hoping they''ll get some new/replenished stock in soon, since it is still Winter...
HI:

Uh huh--gotcha--had the same experience. Put my 1 year old crew neck on and big old hole in arm. It was a seam, mind you, and could have been stitched--BUT...but..

I am finding the pieces "Made in Italy" just seem to hold up better in the long run...am determined to buy products made there........

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results