shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok ... we all are wanna know

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom got me two rings and a necklace, and my parents gave my husband and I an overnight get-away package to the Biltmore House and dinner reservations at a restaurant in the mountains of NC. Everything was completely decked out for the holidays, and it was gorgeous!

My in-laws gave us a check. Kind of random but very much appreciated!

My husband and I don''t really exchange gifts, but we''re considering our new living room and dining room furniture our gifts to each other.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
From DH:
Shu Uemura blush, lipstick and eyeshadow
Diane Von Furstenburg dress (navy Poplin w/ ruffle
30.gif
)
PJs (lightweight for work travel)
Some warm long-sleeved shirts (who knew Houston got cold in the Winter?!)

From mom:
Rebecca Minkoff grey MAC Clutch bag
Clothes for work (pending - we''ll be shopping the after X-Mas sales next week when she comes to visit)

And of course, I got myself (well, DH helped of course) my biggest gift, my new Audi A4!!
36.gif
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
This year ended up being a great one. I spent it with the IL's and we had a wonderful time. Our first married Christmas was awesome! We were very blessed, and our families are always so giving when it comes to the Holiday season.

From DH:
New HP laptop!
Spa gift card for massage and facial

From Parents (DH's and mine):
New David Yurman bracelet
Burberry Quilted Coat and Neck Snood
Burberry Packable tote - LOVE this thing. It is an over-the-shoulder bag and long, and fits my new laptop perfectly!
Prada perfume/lotion/shower gel pack
Ugg ankle shoes (Not sure what to do with them... I may exchange for something else. I'm not an Ugg fan.)
Michael Kors Diaper Bag and wallet that I fell in love with when shopping with my mom!
Reebok Easytone shoes... MIL bought them a size and a half too big, because she swears that my feet are going to swell from the pregnancy, lol
Red Christmas Robe (a la the mom's robe from A Christmas Story)

Lots of baby stuff from my side of the family. I think that the IL's were surprised that we received baby gifts... though I am not sure why
33.gif

And drumroll...... Steam Cleaner for Jewelry!!!! I think I even might have screamed when I opened it!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
FI gave me e-ring the week b/f Christmas, I told him that counts

I know this might sound weird, but we both appreciate nice clothes. So he gave me some money towards a wedding dress so that I can get something a little nicer than my wedding budget would allow.

My sister gave me a designer shirt and shoes

My Father gave me a Wii

FI''s mother gave me a cool purse

My Step-Father made a photo album of my late mother and gave me and my sister both copies. I will always miss her, but love having the memories.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 10:40:18 PM
Author: meresal

This year ended up being a great one. I spent it with the IL''s and we had a wonderful time. Our first married Christmas was awesome! We were very blessed, and our families are always so giving when it comes to the Holiday season.

From DH:
New HP laptop!
Spa gift card for massage and facial

From Parents (DH''s and mine):
New David Yurman bracelet
Burberry Quilted Coat and Neck Snood
Burberry Packable tote - LOVE this thing. It is an over-the-shoulder bag and long, and fits my new laptop perfectly!
Prada perfume/lotion/shower gel pack
Ugg ankle shoes (Not sure what to do with them... I may exchange for something else. I''m not an Ugg fan.)
Michael Kors Diaper Bag and wallet that I fell in love with when shopping with my mom!
Reebok Easytone shoes... MIL bought them a size and a half too big, because she swears that my feet are going to swell from the pregnancy, lol
Red Christmas Robe (a la the mom''s robe from A Christmas Story)

Lots of baby stuff from my side of the family. I think that the IL''s were surprised that we received baby gifts... though I am not sure why
33.gif

And drumroll...... Steam Cleaner for Jewelry!!!! I think I even might have screamed when I opened it!!!!
I have the Burberry large blue packable tote! I love it, I never have to baby it like I do with my LVs. What color did you get? I''m thinking about getting a large black leather one too.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got an iphone and a big bottle of scent of peace :)

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The advent calender of dollhouse miniatures. Snow tires, and bathroom tile. This might not sound great, but I wanted snow tires for my beetle, and I hate picking stuff out for the house. Seeing boxes of bathroom tile magically appear without my having to fuss over it is wonderful!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 12:45:30 AM
Author: Burberrygirl
I have the Burberry large blue packable tote! I love it, I never have to baby it like I do with my LVs. What color did you get? I''m thinking about getting a large black leather one too.
I got the 16" Black Nylon.

I love the material and that I won''t have to worry about where I set it down. I don''t think I could use it as an everyday bag though, due to the fact that it is soooooo deep! lol

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
From DH:
Ugg Slippers
A necklace from Etsy
And we also took a mini-vacation two days before Xmas, so I think that counts as a gift :)

From my parents:
A couple of books
Flannel PJs from VS
Etsy stacking rings
A chunky purple, gold, pink and white pearl necklace
A GC for my local jeweler = pearl studs purchased yesterday :)
An electric fireplace

From my ILs:
Subscriptions to Us Weekly and Entertainment Weekly
Mad Men, seasons 1 & 2
Small pyrex containers
An extra bowl for my Kitchen Aid
2 massage gift certificates and a certificate for a pedi and 2 manis
A knit scarf
Tons of little kitchen doo dads, socks, reusable grocery bags (I LOVE the stockings at my FIL''s house!)
Bananagrams
Cat collars (my kitties are designer, hee hee), nail polish, and a bracelet
A neat stone votive holder from Ten Thousand Villages (love that place)
I''m pretty sure there''s an entire box of other things that I''m forgetting - basically, my ILs spoil me

This year, I started to think that it''s a little strange that our parents give us so much more than we give each other, but I see from everyone else that this tradition is pretty normal!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elmorton I''m jealous.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Compared to most PS''er''s gifts, mine are boring, but useful:

8 sheet paper shredder
Dirt Devil Scorpion (think dust buster)
red leather gloves (my passion this year)

After our grandgirls were born, all the gifting among adult family members was on indefinite hold (not MY decision!!)

From their parents, pictures of our grandgirls for our wallets and for framing.
30.gif
These are definitely not boring!!!
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hudson, I swear, every year, I think "this is going to be the one where the families finally cut back a bit" and then I''m overwhelmed by their generosity. DH and I are trying to talk my parents of taking a vacation with us in lieu of Xmas gifts. We don''t need the things, and the best part of the holiday this year was all the time we got to spend with our families...I''m pretty homesick this week!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I got lots of giftcards from my fav stores and restaurants. I got itunes card. Woohoo!!!
27.gif

But the biggest Xmas gift ever is having my Mom comes to visit from Indonesia. Woohoo!!!!!

I''m loving it!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
From my DH
I got an i-phone
VS Sexy pjs
VS Comfy pjs

From my parents
Bebe Skinny pants
Bebe Coat
Zara Clothes
Banana Republic high hills
Perfium
and Some cash
28.gif

My sister
BCBG Clothes
Cleanic bag full of Cosmetics

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From DH: daily calendar, 2 pens, and some old (classic) sci fi books.
From my family: Harry and David sweet collection and a ham. From sis silver pendant and bracelet, electric votive candles.
Cash from my Dad
36.gif
From sis in law J. Jill gift card
31.gif
. Hubby''s parents also gave cash. I am so down with the cash gifts.

As part of gift the in-laws watched the kids Sat so my hubby and I went to mall and got to walk and shop a little and had dinner. Together. Without the kids. (Priceless).

With my cash got 3 pair of shoes (aersoles and land''s end on sale), a cordoroy shirt, a cardigan, and new hat and scarf set (Land''s end "heavenly fleece) all together for about $141. Even though alot of my stuff is falling apart it is hard for me to spend money on clothes for myself. Having the cash made it seem ok.

MIL is watching the kids AGAIN so we can watch Avatar together. Red letter day!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I got 6 months of piano lessons that I have been wanting forever.

DH is getting me a loom (I haven''t picked it out yet) to go into my new craft room that DH set up for me.

DD made me a quilt (not quite finished) from her old baby clothes that I had saved. I have been meaning to find someone to make me one and DD surprised me by starting it in school. She belongs to a quilting club that makes quilts and pillow cases for kids with cancer and her teacher helped her design it. I can''t wait to hang it in my bedroom.

Best gift was having a warm and loving holiday with my family without any melodrama. Just enjoyed myself to no end!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 11:27:42 AM
Author: Elmorton
Hudson, I swear, every year, I think ''this is going to be the one where the families finally cut back a bit'' and then I''m overwhelmed by their generosity. DH and I are trying to talk my parents of taking a vacation with us in lieu of Xmas gifts. We don''t need the things, and the best part of the holiday this year was all the time we got to spend with our families...I''m pretty homesick this week!

El -- that''s what my family did last February. We''d never taken a family vacation since my sister and I got married, and my dad had just retired, so we used the vacation as a way to celebrate his retirement and get away as a family. That was in lieu of any real gift giving during Christmas, and to me, it was perfect. I''d highly recommend it!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 3:14:45 PM
Author: soocool
I got 6 months of piano lessons that I have been wanting forever.

DH is getting me a loom (I haven''t picked it out yet) to go into my new craft room that DH set up for me.

DD made me a quilt (not quite finished) from her old baby clothes that I had saved. I have been meaning to find someone to make me one and DD surprised me by starting it in school. She belongs to a quilting club that makes quilts and pillow cases for kids with cancer and her teacher helped her design it. I can''t wait to hang it in my bedroom.

Best gift was having a warm and loving holiday with my family without any melodrama. Just enjoyed myself to no end!

OMG this is such a sweet thing for your DD to do - how thoughtful!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
From DH:

Bloch ballet flats. The softest snuggiest leather flats I own. In purple (he really knocked it out of the park)
Katzo diamond and platinum earrings from Pearlmans.

Parents:

Red Stewart Weitzman pumps and a couple of pairs of fun earrings
Cash
Gift Card

Friends
Awesome Baking Dish from Chantal.

A huge check that will pay for my ear surgery, some bills, and depending on FI amount, my earrings ;-)
I normally get this every ear from a certain family member, and it helps quite a bit!

I also got a large shopping day at Lush.... my entire house smells like Lush and I love it
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I exchanged handwritten letters, it''s our tradition.

From my mom:
- A continuation of my Martha Stewart Living magazine
- A quilt made out of my grandmother''s linens (BEST.GIFT.EVER. My grandmother passed away in May. We were very close.)

From my niece and nephew:
- A carousel-type picture frame, and my niece made a potholder for me :)

And . . . that''s it from friends and family. My father and DH''s father both neglected to give us gifts this year, which surprised us because we''ve always exchanged gifts and they didn''t mention that they didn''t want to this year. It kind of hurt my feelings that my dad didn''t even give us a card. I''ve been trying so hard to work on our relationship.

DH got a ton of nice gifts from clients--a lot of $100 gift cards to swanky restaurants, a ton of movie ticket vouchers, and cash. I got a handful of gift cards to book stores and Starbucks from my students.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 9:25:06 PM
Author: Gypsy

Bloch ballet flats. The softest snuggiest leather flats I own. In purple (he really knocked it out of the park)

I''ve read good things about Bloch. Have you tried French Sole flats? I have some that feel like a second skin, I''ve worn them so much. I LOVE them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results