shape
carat
color
clarity

Body for Life PSers--Come on down!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hey Haven! Man life is busy!

The stomach has sort of straightened out - I wish I knew what made me react to food like I did that week - nothing was really odd or out of place that I was eating.

I'm using the Windsor Pilates DVDs. I haven't gotten to the advanced workout yet, but I really like doing the 20 minute workout. I've also done the arm workout before, and I liked it too. I've got the leg workout but have never done it. But the 20 minute is my favorite, and I've gotten to where I'll take my roll-up mat with me when I go out of town and do that in the mornings or something, since I pretty much know the exercises (I just write down the list of them and the order they're in to take with me), just so I can get in some sort of workout when I'm out of town. I liked doing that over the bridal shower weekend, because otherwise I wouldn't have had time to do a darn thing good for my body.

Yeah J still hasn't shown me the bike he found online, but it was a spinner bike I think - something about a $2000 bike remanufactured and for sale for $300 or something. But the treadmill is something I've thought about before too, because we're hopefully going to be getting a dog soon too.

Did you ever figure out what made your weight fluctuate like it did? I actually haven't weighed myself in forever - I wonder what I'm at now. Maybe I'll check in the morning. I've been sticking to pretty good meals during the week. This weekend, I've had a few pretty fatty meals. But I'm sticking to the foods fairly well, and trying to focus on my goal of just doing some sort of working out. My time is really limited right now, so I'm just glad to get any kind of workout in. I've been getting in more at home lately than in the gym.

How is everything going?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey LT!

I''m glad your stomach is doing better. That''s never any fun to deal with.

Your pilated DVD sounds good, I''m going to see if my library has anything I can check out. I''ve been really bad about getting in my cardio workouts ever since the weather got cold. It''s hard to muster up the energy to bundle up, drive to the gym, stay there for 20 minutes, and then come right now.

I have been lifting a few times a week, though, so at least I''m on track somewhere. We haven''t gotten the treadmill yet because we''re holding out for a Christmas sale, so I''m also walking the pup for several miles a day. (We''re quite a pair--we''re almost too bundled up to be recognizable. It''s so cold!)

I can''t believe your wedding is only a few weeks away now!!!! How''s everything going? I can''t wait to hear all about it in BWW! Our rabbi told us right before the ceremony to be sure to stay in the moment, and that was the best advice we got so I''m passing it on!

I hope your week went well!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Haven! Just wanted you to know I hadn''t forgotten about us over here. I''m just so busy right now with wedding stuff that I really don''t have time to get on PS much. Right now is a rare thing.

How are you doing with the program? I''m pretty slack with it right now, just due to the fact that I don''t have much time to be working out and all. I''m eating pretty well though, with the exception of the holiday meals. And those weren''t even that bad for me - I just ate way too much - there was no portion control until I was blown up like a blimp.
3.gif
I''m really thinking about doing one of those minor cleanse diets for a day or two - or at least include some of those foods in my regimen, so I can clean myself out a bit. Do you know of any good foods to do that?

I''m gonna try to fit in a few more trips to the gym between now and the wedding, just because the bike really makes me feel good after I sweat and push myself for a good 20 minutes. I had really wanted to do some serious arm weight lifting before the wedding and have more definition, but I''m fine with where I am - haha there''s simply not enough time to fit all that in! I''m also seriously looking at getting a bike for home once the wedding is over, so I can quit the gym membership and just work out at home - it''s starting to feel like going to the gym is more of a chore than anything, just because of the effort to get there. I''d much prefer to just hop up and walk into the next room and do my workouts.

Hope you''re doing well!
35.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey LT! Happy New Year!

YOUR WEDDING IS IN FIVE DAYS!!!! That''s so exciting! I hope you''re doing well, and you''re getting lots of R&R. I can''t wait to hear all about it!

Did you end up doing one of those cleansing things? I''ve often wondered about those, I''m curious to hear how you liked it.

I''m doing okay, but I haven''t been getting to the gym more than two or three times a week with all the holidays going on. I''m going to start a new round of BfL tomorrow, I think I need another serious dose of discipline, and for whatever reason, following BfL is the only way I can whip myself into shape.

We ordered a treadmill last week, so it should be getting here some time this week. I''ll let you know if that helps with my workouts. It cost just over $1,000, so I told DH that we definitely need to get our money''s worth. I know it''s a mid to low range machine at that price, but still, that''s expensive. We both better be running on that thing at least three times a week.

Anyway . . .

Here''s to you, and your FI, and your wedding, and a wonderful honeymoon and marriage! Here''s one of my favorite quotes:

"May you live each day as if it is your first, your last, and your only day together."

To Mr. and Mrs. LT!!!!

toastpssssss.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and words Haven!!
1.gif
I''ll see you when we get back!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results