shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your black tungsten rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
please?

how are yours holding up? I got FI a black tungsten ring that I gave him the option for wearing it as his wedding band or just a ''manly rhr.'' well, he loves it so much that he decided to wear it as his wedding band and has been wearing it everyday since. He is very rough on his hands, as he works at the gym and is in contact with metal a lot. but now... Scratches everywhere on this ring! He still loves it, and actually it looks really cool, but I was just curious as to other people''s experience with black tungsten.

wish I had a picture of his particular ring

here is the vendor photo

m_enigma-6mm_black_tungsten_ring_1.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
*bump*

anybody? I know there were a few in the men''s eye candy thread...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m interested to know too..tungsten is what JD wants when we get him a new wedding band. I didn''t know it would scratch like that tho.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t know it would scratch either. That''s why I wanted to hear from other people (I think Tuckin''s hubby has one)

I''ve heard from people on this site that the not-black ones haven''t scratched, so I''m wondering how they get it to be black in the first place- maybe it''s just a coating that needs to be re-done every so often, kinda like rhodium-ish? I dunno
33.gif

I''ll try to convince FI to let me take pics of his ring this weekend when he comes to visit

jillian56789

Rough_Rock
My Husband has a tungsten carbide wedding band but it isn''t black...though its still as shiny and scratch free as the day we got it!

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
When my dad remarried he had a tungsten carbide ring... also not black, but it did have either a two-tone or two-finish thing going on. After several years, it looked perfect as the first time I saw it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2009 9:05:01 PM
Author: jillian56789
My Husband has a tungsten carbide wedding band but it isn''t black...though its still as shiny and scratch free as the day we got it!
I bought my husband a charcoal gray tungsten ring during the summer and it''s still scratch free also and he''s very hard on his jewelry.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:05:01 PM
Author: jillian56789

Ditto this! DH loves his tungsten band (I do too!) and it doesn''t have a scratch on it (despite wearing it at the gym, playing sports, etc). But it''s tungsten carbide, not black.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm... I wonder why FI''s ring has scratched? maybe I just need to go to a different vendor
20.gif

any suggestions?

D

Deactivated member 42515

hmmm my brother has a tungsten ring but its not black... its like a gun metal color... sorry dont know much about his specific ring... but I do know he got it because its super durable and there isnt a scratch on it

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
My husband''s ring is Tungsten Carbide and it has zero scuff or scratch marks on it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gotta be something to do w/the black then. Kas, does your FI like any of the plain metal ones? Maybe give that a whirl and see how it works for him. I think that''s what I''m going to suggest to JD. The one he likes has a celtic design on it and it''s 2 tone w/gold on it, and I''m betting he''d be better off w/out the 2 tone.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 8:03:30 PM
Author: DearBuddha
My husband''s ring is Tungsten Carbide and it has zero scuff or scratch marks on it.

Same with my husband''s ring, looks perfect.

A friend of ours has a black tungsten ring, and though I didn''t pay too close attention to it last time we saw him, I don''t remember it being scratched up or damaged at all.
33.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
"Black tungsten" is tungsten carbide with a black tungsten alloy coating -- since it is just a coating with alloy that is obviously not as hard as tungsten, it will scratch.

My husband has a traditional tungsten carbide ring and it has not a single scratch on it -- very impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results