shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Solitaire Reset is Done! *Pics, pics, pics!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
You guys are all so sweet! *Thank you!*

I do have a picture of the new rings with the old fishtail pave w-ring. Kinda fun for comparison. No pictures on the hand, yet, though; I''ll try to do that soon.

We actually just got home late last night from a week in Costa Rica... I am exhausted!!!

LB_solitaire_reset_3.jpg

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
stunning & soooo elegant!! congratulations!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
That turned out perfectly Lynn!

I hope Brian is going to make that one of his standard offerings, as I''d love to own one of these one day. Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo beautiful!

chelsea3

Rough_Rock
Wowza Lynn, it''s gorgeous! I have been logging onto my home computer daily just to check for pics. I love the simple, sleek, yet ohhh soooo elegant setting and the prongs look amazing! Gorgeous diamond, gorgeous ring! Congrats!
36.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lynn, the rings look absolutely AMAZING!!!!! Your stone is SUCH a beauty and it does really have center stage now and to me it does look bigger. The new set is GORGEOUS, LOVELY...wear them in the best of health
9.gif

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
They''re absolute PERFECTION. Love, love, love, love it! Classic, simple, elegant. Enjoy!

~LC

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, can''t wait for more of your amazing photos.

so glad you went with this setting. Something about your stone looks so incredible.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn B, I love your new set and I adored your fishtail pave, too! I like how you can change up the WB when you want to. Congratulations!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words and your enthusiasm! I appreciate every post!

I am a''lovin'' this set, that''s for sure!
30.gif

I''m not sorry I didn''t go with the bezel. *whew!* Thank goodness for that, I HATE regret!!!
2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Bezels are great for some stones, but yours needs to be free!

don''t fence me in..

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 11:27:15 PM
Author: gardengloves
Bezels are great for some stones, but yours needs to be free!

don''t fence me in..

This *CRACKED* me up!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Thanks, GG! (And I agree with you!)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful, so simple, so elegant and so much presence!!!!
36.gif

I loved your previous setting, but this one has gorgeous prongs!
30.gif

Congrats, and wear it in the best of health!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new set is PERFECT!! I love it. I want one too now
31.gif

I think Leon has some real competition now. That setting is a beautiful as anything I have seen come out of this shop.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Your new setting is so fluid and gorgeous! Your diamond really shines in its new home.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think this setting makes your diamond appear quite a bit bigger. Perhaps it's because it's set a bit higher than in the fishtail pave setting? The shanks appear a bit more substantial than the fishtail pave too. In any case, I really like the change!
36.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
This setting is stunning!
30.gif
30.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn,

I have to echo what everyone has said, THAT NEW SETTING IS GORGEOUS! Your stone looks amazing, and I just love the simplicity of it. Congratulations to you!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. I am in love with this Lynn!!!! Its gorgeoooous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it and wear it in much happiness and good health!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been around much lately Lynn so I was surprised to see that you decided to change from your gorgeous fishtail pave setting. I''ve had really good luck with the pave diamonds in my Hearts on Fire setting even using the ultrasonic so I never understood why so many people complained about their delicate pave. Then I got a Tiffany Swing ring that I wear on my right hand and I''ve lost two stones. I can totally understand why you wanted to switch to a "low maintenance" setting. And the end result is fabulous! Your stunning diamond looks amazing showcased in that understated elegant setting!!!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
This is PERFECT - PERFECT - PERFECT!!! I looooove plain solitaires - especially rocks as stunning as yours, and LOVE that you paired it with a plain band - such a classy set!
Congrats!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your new BG Set is just FABULOUS!!! I also love how you can wear your diamond band. Your diamond looks AMAZING!!!!

I am really excited for you
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, classic solitaire Lynn! Enjoy enjoy enjoy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Next up....... finding you a fabulous colored stone for your pave setting
11.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 11:19:05 PM
Author: Lynn B
Thank you all so much for your kind words and your enthusiasm! I appreciate every post!

I am a''lovin'' this set, that''s for sure!
30.gif

I''m not sorry I didn''t go with the bezel. *whew!* Thank goodness for that, I HATE regret!!!
2.gif
HI:

Just get another stone for a bezel!!!!

This new setting is perfect. My cuppa for sure!

cheers--Sharon

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks EVERYONE for the enthusiastic support of my new project. I appreciate every comment and post.

I *know* the fishtail pave rings were a tough act to follow (and a bit of a legacy around these parts!
2.gif
) and it may seem to some like heresy to have changed ''em!
9.gif

But I''m tellin'' you, who knew that there was a solitaire girl lurking inside me and she just needed to come out! I LOVE MY SOLITAIRE!

Date: 12/12/2009 2:32:30 AM
Author: Laila619

I do think this setting makes your diamond appear quite a bit bigger. Perhaps it''s because it''s set a bit higher than in the fishtail pave setting? The shanks appear a bit more substantial than the fishtail pave too. In any case, I really like the change!
36.gif
And Laila, thanks for the note. I just wanted to add that the diamond doesn''t seem to sit up any higher in the new setting than it did the fishtail pave one. I always ask for the diamond to be set "low and squatty" and both rings were almost identical in that aspect.

And also, the photos must be somewhat misleading, because the shanks of the new rings are definitely thinner and more delicate than the fishtail pave rings, also, not the other way around. I''ll try to get some photos to show that.

Stay tuned!
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Oh. My. Word....
30.gif
30.gif
The rings turned out great, Lynn!!! It looks ginormous on your finger!! I agree with the other poster who said your e-ring looks bigger than before! And look at your diamond shine! Congrats on getting your precious back!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 11:33:53 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
30.gif
30.gif
Oh. My. Word....
30.gif
30.gif
The rings turned out great, Lynn!!! It looks ginormous on your finger!! I agree with the other poster who said your e-ring looks bigger than before! And look at your diamond shine! Congrats on getting your precious back!!!
Ooooh, "ginormous" is good!
31.gif
Thank you!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK, here's a few I took of the new setting with the old (now sad and empty
39.gif
!) fishtail pave. I'm not sure if the photos will really show it, but the new shanks are definitely more delicate.

And I LOVE how in the new setting, there's no pave sparkle to detract from the center stone. THAT is a huge difference that I just ADORE!
30.gif

FTP_Comparison_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results