shape
carat
color
clarity

WEDDING FAVORS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And for fun...the labels that BlissWeddingsMarket offers...I love their stuff. You can personalize using different colors, sayings, etc.

We are going to use the 'Mint' round one in that green, but in the top it will say 'scented', then 'Travel CANDLE' and then 'Keep the fires burning...Greg & Mara'. Or something similar.
2.gif
Fun!

label_examples.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
We did the fortune cookie thing. My best friend, who has a PhD in English lit, chose literary quotes. Turned out a bit weird, since she's a very strange bird in the first place, was in the middle of getting a divorce, and got freaked out about my getting married--so there were some pretty dark & tragic fortunes, which left the guests scratching their heads. (The ones from Macbeth and King Lear were particularly scary.) It was kind of cool, but also kind of not so cool. (What was really, really not cool was that she didn't show up for the reception.) My advice if you go the fortune cookie route: read your fortunes first; don't let your ambivalent best friend surprise you with them.

My favorite favor, though was a flipbook--you know, those books you flip with your thumb, so that they show a little movie. Our ceremony was at City Hall, just the two of us and two witnesses, and we had the reception two months later. So my husband, who's a graphic designer, made flipbooks of the actual ceremony--exchanging rings, our first married kiss. (His brother videotaped it.) We included these with the invitations to the reception, and with the wedding announcements for people who didn't get invited to the reception.

I still sometimes flip the flipbook and smile to myself.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/29/2004 5:45:15 PM Mara wrote:

My real find was the travel candles in the gift bags. Found a girl on eBay who makes them in tins, and asked her if she could make me 20 of them. They were only $1.50 each and she has tons of scents. I chose 'fresh peach' and 'lilac' and she put the fragrance label on the bottom. I am getting labels from BlissWeddings that say something like 'Keep the fires burning' and 'Greg & Mara 5/12/04' underneath, to put on the lids of the candles. I'm only giving the candles to the gals, razors or something to the guys.

----------------

Mara:

That sounds really cool. What eBay vendor are you using for the travel candles?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The seller's name is : crs1126

Her name is Cheri and she has only run a few auctions so far, she was kind of new. I found the first one and emailed her privately. Since then we have worked offline together. She's very responsive, fast and nice! She should have shipped out my stuff today. She's got alot of scents to choose from, and makes the candles herself. She did a blend of soy and harder wax for mine so that the candles would not melt in Hawaii!
2.gif

Here is a previous auction by her:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2387582180&category=50406

She is selling them for $2.50 here...her first auction was $1.25 and I liked that price which is why I emailed, then she noted she was barely breaking even, so she charged me $1.50. I have a feeling that doesn't give her much of a profit margin either, so I am probably lucky she did it for so cheaply! You may be able to negotiate...tell her I referred you!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I gave everyone a two piece box of Godiva. It was so pretty in that little gold box. While it's kind of an "ordinary" idea... it looked so nice and was very elegant!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results