shape
carat
color
clarity

Candy Buffets and Centerpieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Hi Guys,

I''m thinking of making my own centerpieces as well as my own candy buffet for favors.I think I''m perfectly capable of doing it (I''m pretty crafty) but for those of you who have done this...How did setup work? If you have no florist did you set it up yourselves,did you have someone else do it? I''m just wondering because the only thing making me hesitant is the logistics.I would also love to see pictures of everyone''s creations if they have them.Thanks!
1.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Well, two things. I didn''t do this myself but I did have a lot of DIY items. My florist graciously set up my DIY items however not exactly as I would have liked to have had them. Unless you have a lot of willing family members or access to your hall the night before then I would suggest hiring a Day of Coordinator. Secondly, in our case the cost of DIY all centerpieces would have been more expensive than hiring a florist and renting a lot of the items from them. Unless you are comfortable with flowers or plan on doing very simple centerpieces its just more stress than its worth. Without knowing what you are plannning to do its hard to say though. I will add that I spend more time than anything worring about how our DIY photobooth was going to turn out. The florist set it up fine but I didn''t have anyone else to help with it and only about 20 couples did our guestbook. It looked nice but it was a flop. Also, candy buffets, you can totally do yourself and hopefully your venue will help you set it up. They are more expensive than you would typically believe.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I was debating about the stress worth the savings. I really don''t want to be setting it up myself if I don''t have to. Oh and it is only 60 people,so it''s not that many centerpieces just to give an idea.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I did DIY centerpieces, but I had an army of a family to help. If you''re organized and/or hire someone you should be fine. Good luck.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
My whole wedding was DIY, and we had a ton of help. my DH prepped and cooked the entire dinner. His best man did a lot of the preparation the day of as we were taking photos, etc. My family and I set up the room the day before the wedding and cleaned up the day after. It was definitely A LOT of work and could not have done with without the help from a lot of people, but in the end, saved us $1000''s.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any good photos of our centerpieces, but here is our DIY cupcake wedding cake. My DH and I made the stand, mom and I made the cupcakes, and my mother made the top tier cake. She did buy the cake topper. My mom set up the cupcakes on the stand the day of at some point before the wedding.

hmcake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results