shape
carat
color
clarity

Reebok Easytone Campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else think these commercials are going "too far"?

I was a lil annoyed by their "presenter" commercial... but I just saw the Dialogue commercial and i''m pretty weirded out by it.
So I went to their website and was greeted by this lovely photo.
http://www.reebok.com/microsites/easytone_reebok/ naked lady?

So I''m all for being in shape and loving your body but to whom are they trying to sell this product to?
"88% of men are speechless.
76% of women jealous."

Not saying I wouldn''t buy the shoe.. I think it looks like a cool product but i am a lil shocked by how "sexual" the commercials are.
It''s obvious to me that they are marketing to a male crowd... but why?
Don''t they want women to buy the shoes?
Are they going for a sort of "shock" value that will make their product stick? I guess it''s working.. caught my attention? Even if it is negative?

i don''t know. Anyone else have an opinion on these commercials?

BTW. i bought a pair of the Steve Madden Fix''s about 2 weeks ago and I LOVE them! So comfy and i swear my legs are more toned
9.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
the commercials are not what I would expect, but the still advertisement doesn''t seem too far fetched for media these days. I''ll have to ask my roommate for her analysis, as she is in an advertising/PR program.

I would probably buy the shoes, but I might be self conscious about someone recognizing them and making that connection to the sexual innuendo put out by the commercials.

I have to say though, the ''make your boobs jealous'' script could have been a little bit funnier, but i liked that one
41.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 1:57:10 AM
Author: kas baby
the commercials are not what I would expect, but the still advertisement doesn't seem too far fetched for media these days. I'll have to ask my roommate for her analysis, as she is in an advertising/PR program.

I would probably buy the shoes, but I might be self conscious about someone recognizing them and making that connection to the sexual innuendo put out by the commercials.

I have to say though, the 'make your boobs jealous' script could have been a little bit funnier, but i liked that one
41.gif
i just realized that the one they have on their website is different than the one they run on TV.
Televised Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNAlSnYOko "Dialogue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDVB4881c2I "Black and White"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjMDPhZN-o&NR=1 "Reebok Commercial"

I think that it could have been done in better taste if that makes sense? The script was kinda funny...
but maybe it's the camera angles? the lighting? How close it seems to get to her nipple popping out? The soft focus? The fact that she's in just a bra and panties? The extreme closeups? Idk... call me a prude but I guess it seemed closer to ****-ish than your normal "run of the mill" tv commercial to me.

I would feel pretty uncomfortable if while watching tv with my FSIL (who's 12) all of a sudden that commercial came on.

Def. let me know what your roommate says.. I'm really interested in hearing her opinion.

that was good of me: "To whom are they trying to sell this product {to}?"... yeah I should probably go to sleep now lol.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That isn''t marketing towards men with nudity. That''s saying, "You want THIS body. With our product YOU can have THIS body TOO!" to women.

If it were marketed towards men it would be a girl in a bikini with the shoes on and there would likely be an upward angle, looking up at the girl''s butt.

And making women jealous does A LOT for another woman''s self esteem. Therefore, saying that using their product will make women jealous is a decent marketing strategy.

As for the 88% and 76%, they likely pulled those numbers from their own backsides after a bogus survey that likely would say, "Does this image make you jealous?" to women. I can''t imagine what the one for the men might say...

And TBH, even though I''m pretty liberal about these things, I don''t consider that image to be provocative in a "men would want this product" kind of way. I can see how others who are more conservative than I am would feel that way, but I just don''t.

Either way, you are exhibiting that their marketing strategy is working. And working well. You posted it on a board where it will get plenty of hits, and probably sell at least one pair of shoes.

Oh, and most marketing is sexualized now. After all, sex sells.
2.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 2:18:20 AM
Author: FrekeChild
That isn''t marketing towards men with nudity. That''s saying, ''You want THIS body. With our product YOU can have THIS body TOO!'' to women.

If it were marketed towards men it would be a girl in a bikini with the shoes on and there would likely be an upward angle, looking up at the girl''s butt.

And making women jealous does A LOT for another woman''s self esteem. Therefore, saying that using their product will make women jealous is a decent marketing strategy.

As for the 88% and 76%, they likely pulled those numbers from their own backsides after a bogus survey that likely would say, ''Does this image make you jealous?'' to women. I can''t imagine what the one for the men might say...

And TBH, even though I''m pretty liberal about these things, I don''t consider that image to be provocative in a ''men would want this product'' kind of way. I can see how others who are more conservative than I am would feel that way, but I just don''t.

Either way, you are exhibiting that their marketing strategy is working. And working well. You posted it on a board where it will get plenty of hits, and probably sell at least one pair of shoes.

Oh, and most marketing is sexualized now. After all, sex sells.
2.gif
Lol. I know it''s working! It made me notice their product and I''m probably going to buy a pair for myself!

And I didn''t quote it because I thought it was based on a real survey.. I just quoted it because I thought it was funny that the slogan for a woman''s shoe was all about "men".
I would prefer to see something more like "Buy these shoes to get in shape"... not "buy these shoes so men will love you and other women will hate you".

and I get what you''re saying about the bikini thing.. but the bra and panties w/ the girl bending over at the end isn''t more sexual? i really think a woman would easily relate to it if she was wearing a workout tank and it was shot from farther away or she was hiking or something.. lol. I guess I just think into these things too much.
4.gif

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
I''m not gonna lie, after seeing that commercial, I put those shoes in my christmas wish list!

The advertisement definitely worked!!!
emteeth.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I change the channel or leave the room... it weirds me out. I feel like the camera is forcing me to look at her certain "area", which I would prefer not to do.

What's crazy, is that I have no idea HOW this is supposed to target women???

If she had a Miller Lite sticker on her butt, then it would be a perfect beer campaign for men.
3.gif

Freke is right: It works. However, I like the product beacuse of the segment I saw on the Today show, not that commercial.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 9:31:25 AM
Author: meresal
I change the channel or leave the room... it weirds me out. I feel like the camera is forcing me to look at her certain ''area'', which I would prefer not to do.

What''s crazy, is that I have no idea HOW this is supposed to target women???

If she had a Miller Lite sticker on her butt, then it would be a perfect beer campaign for men.
3.gif

Freke is right: It works. However, I like the product beacuse of the segment I saw on the Today show, not that commercial.
Ditto!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
lol, meresal! that probably would be an effective beer commercial.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
You know- the commercial works, to some extent. After seeing a few different TV spots I checked out the website, watched the videos & read the reviews.

Still, I don''t like the commercial. But Reebok doesn''t really care about that. They just want consumers to further investigate & ultimately purchase the product.

Whenever I see the commercial I think, "No pair of shoes will ever transform my FLAT ass and monster calves into whatever that woman has." And I particularly hate the boob commercial because I''m barely an A-cup and envy those who have a bit ''more'' up top. It''s a bunch of bul! $hit that creates inaccurate expectations. If there were women of various shapes and sizes- some super fit, some not so much, etc and the commercial *showed* how the product had improved their strength & form it wouldn''t be as catchy, but I''d be more likely to buy the product.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 1:49:46 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
You know- the commercial works, to some extent. After seeing a few different TV spots I checked out the website, watched the videos & read the reviews.

Still, I don''t like the commercial. But Reebok doesn''t really care about that. They just want consumers to further investigate & ultimately purchase the product.

Whenever I see the commercial I think, ''No pair of shoes will ever transform my FLAT ass and monster calves into whatever that woman has.'' And I particularly hate the boob commercial because I''m barely an A-cup and envy those who have a bit ''more'' up top. It''s a bunch of bul! $hit that creates inaccurate expectations. If there were women of various shapes and sizes- some super fit, some not so much, etc and the commercial *showed* how the product had improved their strength & form it wouldn''t be as catchy, but I''d be more likely to buy the product.
PPM, I think that is why I don''t see how it appeals to women. The girl they are using in that commercial does not have that body because of working out. She has a very small frame and tiny features. THAT does not come from shoes or working out, it comes from genetics.

If they showed a woman with an athletic build, personally it would have more of an impact on me. Though that girl probably does work out, there is no way that those shoes gave her some "drastic" improvement over a regular pair of Nike''s.

That is why the Today show segment hit the spot for me. They gave them to everday working women in NYC to wear for a week and then brought them on the show to share their honest opinions about feel, appearance, and overall likes/dislikes.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I saw the jealous boobs commercial last night for the first time. This was my face the whole time -->
23.gif
. After, DH and I looked at each other like, what the eff did we just watch?!

It weirded me out, the extreme closeups on her boobs were totally over the top! I''m sure it will end up on the Shocking Commercials special with the nudie from Europe cracking nuts in her bum.
3.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 2:05:39 PM
Author: sunnyd
I saw the jealous boobs commercial last night for the first time. This was my face the whole time -->
23.gif
. After, DH and I looked at each other like, what the eff did we just watch?!

It weirded me out, the extreme closeups on her boobs were totally over the top! I''m sure it will end up on the Shocking Commercials special with the nudie from Europe cracking nuts in her bum.
3.gif

What!?!?!
23.gif
the european commercial sounds, umm, well, umm.....
40.gif
lol

at first I thought the one with the ''workout girl'' was going to be an infomercial like "boost your results during your workouts with our shoes" and have a bunch of ladies doing some kind of step class. imo, that would have been effective without being offensive.

I walk a lot to get around campus, but I don''t have much time to actually go and work out. I think I might get a pair just to add even a little bit to my ''daily routine.'' still thinking about it though. If I get a pair I will definitely check back in and give a report- no bum pictures though
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results