shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Zircon: Help me decide Pls...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought some spiinels from that ebay seller before. They also contain inclusions characteristic of spinel (negative crystals). They're all decent for what I paid, and shipping is free
31.gif
, and I have one from him that is really nice and nicer than the photos. I also returned one with no hassle whatsoever. I personally wouldn't bezel the top zircon because it might be too dark and go black in the setting. I think zircon is a bit too soft for bezeling, so you do run the risk of chipping it. I really like the gemlineinc one the best.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The one that AustenNut suggested and you got looks gorgeous!

Just wanted to say that I bought something from D&J Rare Gems between now and when I showed you that link, and they are very honest and pleasant to work with. What I bought was a Mali garnet; I emailed them to show interest in one that was on their sale page, and I asked a few questions and told him what I was looking for. He stated honestly that the particular stone that I had my eyes on was too yellowish based on what I told him I wanted, and he looked through his inventory to find some other great ones for me. I received the one I picked out today, and it''s stunning! So just wanted to put in a good review for that vendor, even though you didn''t go with the cushion green zircon! If you decided to get a 2nd one, there''s a good review for ya.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TL for sharing your great buying experience with GLI. Yeah, I''ve checked out their "Sold" pages and a lot of very nice gems are there. Kismet''s Oyo Tourmaline is actually one of my most favorites! I''m really excited with my purchase with them. It''s been my dream to have a nice natural green zircon (& glad I finally found one
5.gif
)

jstarfireb, thanks for your recommendation
1.gif
Yes, I''m eyeing a rare gem from them (clinohumite). They''ve got a lot of gems in their inventory. Mail garnet? Wow, that''s the next stone I''m planning to get for myself lol (& I want a chartreuse color)... Please post some IRL photos of your mali
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t taken any IRL photos yet (just got it today!), but here is the photo that John sent me...

11207-Grandite.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And if it''s chartreuse you''re looking for, they actually may have a great stone for you. This is the other one he offered me. I turned it down because I prefer a lighter, mintier color. But he noted that this one is a very sought-after intensity of color, so you may want to look into it.

11203 Grandite Garnet,
Md Intense Yellow Green, 0.67 cts oval cut measuring 5.8x4.3x3.1 mm, eye clean, from Mali. Garnets of this intense color from Mali are quite rare and sell quickly when offered.
Priced at $150/carat or $100.50/gem

11203-Grandite.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I love the color & it really *sparkles*... What''s the size & dimesions of that mali? Oh, I hope he still got some of those in their inventory. I''ll look forward to the IRL shots. It''s a nice choice jstarfireb. Congrats!
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The one I got is a bit "roval" at 4.5x5.2, 0.59ct. I'm taking it out into the sunlight tomorrow and look forward to seeing it!

ETA: I have to say I prefer the dimensions/proporotions of the more intensely colored stone, but as I mentioned, the color didn't speak to me (even though it's a highly desirable intensity).

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I think the setting is beautiful. I don''t know if zircon can be bezeled due to its brittle nature, but if it can then I think it would then end up providing some good protection for your stone. Very pretty! (And those Mali garnets look beautiful too!)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 12:36:33 AM
Author: blithesome71
Thanks TL for sharing your great buying experience with GLI. Yeah, I''ve checked out their ''Sold'' pages and a lot of very nice gems are there. Kismet''s Oyo Tourmaline is actually one of my most favorites! I''m really excited with my purchase with them. It''s been my dream to have a nice natural green zircon (& glad I finally found one
5.gif
)

jstarfireb, thanks for your recommendation
1.gif
Yes, I''m eyeing a rare gem from them (clinohumite). They''ve got a lot of gems in their inventory. Mail garnet? Wow, that''s the next stone I''m planning to get for myself lol (& I want a chartreuse color)... Please post some IRL photos of your mali
30.gif
Actually, it wasn''t my buying experience with GLI, but the ebay seller you''re considering (I recognize the vendor shots).

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
TL,

Ooops sorry. I thought you''re referring to GLI
5.gif
Actually, I already bought the "octagon" zircon from him. It''s a very nice play stone & I love the color (although it''s windowed) but I also love GLI (its size, color & cut). I also bought from him an oval spinel (color mauve that shifts to pink in some lighting) it''s got some silk. giving it a sleepy glow that I love. I was inspired by your gorgeous cushion lavender spinel so I decided to get myself one too from that seller
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hey blithesome, here''s the only IRL pic of my Mali so far...

jstar-grandite.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
jstarfireb, that''s a very pretty Mali! I like its roval shape more that the intense mali. How do you plan to set it? I think it''ll look exquisite in a Lotus setting. Congrats on your mesmerizing Mali!
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 5:07:44 AM
Author: blithesome71
jstarfireb, that''s a very pretty Mali! I like its roval shape more that the intense mali. How do you plan to set it? I think it''ll look exquisite in a Lotus setting. Congrats on your mesmerizing Mali!
36.gif

Thanks! It would look nice in a lotus, but I already have 2 lotus settings and can''t afford a third! I''m really short on cash these days and actually have one other ring lined up for a setting before this, so my little Mali will have to wait its turn.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results