shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

My fiance and I just moved to Louisiana from Texas for a job. The first day on the job, the creepy old boss tried to hit on me so I quit. Needless to say, we are now on very limited funding. We are having a hard time choosing a honeymoon destination because of our financial situation. Our budget is about a thousand at this point. Any and all suggestions about inexpensive honeymoon destinations would be greatly appreciated. We have also tried to win a honeymoon online, but have gotten no luck, so if you could direct me to a legit site with a legit contest, please do. We are really hoping to be able to go someplace when we get married in May, but this money situation is stressing us out.

Thanks!

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
What kind of trip are you looking for? Do you want to be active and go hiking or lounge on a beach or see a city? How long are you looking to go?

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
I''d say we are probably beach people, but really open to anything. I would love to lie around on a beach for a week or so.

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
Some of the Florida beaches might be nice. Depending on where in La you are, Southwest might get you there on a cheap flight. What about Miami, Key West or Cocoa Beach? You should be safe from hurricane season in May. I''ve heard lots of people go to the Outerbanks and I think there are lots of scenic islands off the Carolinas.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What about a bed and breakfast or a cottage by the beach.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
ohh yeah, that would be romantic!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Some random thoughts:

Destin, Florida (apparently the beaches here are amazing)
South Padre, TX (being from Texas, you might be familiar with it--but I think it''s a nice option for May because you could rent a house inexpensively and it will be warm)
Mexico (I looked on Funjet.com and you can find all-inclusive vacations from Houston to locations in Mexico for under $1000. You''ll be able to stay between 3-5 days at this price, but for an all-inclusive you won''t have to worry about hidden costs)

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I would check out Siesta Key, Florida for good deals, and you can fly into either Tampa or Sarasota to give you some options.

Also check out www.cheapcaribbean.com. They have some AMAZING deals on there for all-inclusive resorts. You can probably find a really nice 4-night or so trip to an all-inclusive in Mexico or one of the Islands, including airfare for both of you, for less than $1000...

Best of luck to you, and sorry about the job.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Regarding the Destin suggestion, I am from Destin, FL originally, and the beaches ARE amazing, but it's an expensive town. Weekly rentals for a condo can easily already put you at the $1,000 mark, not including food or anything.

I wanted to make another suggestion however - How about a cruise? They are SO budget-friendly. I just did a quick search, and 5-night cruises in May leaving from New Orleans to the Cozumel, Mexico start at $439 per person. Remember, that includes ALL of your meals, you'd just have to pay extra for alcohol or any shore excursions you might want. Plus, with cruises, the price can actually go down the closer to when you're booking, because they get desperate to fill the spots. It's definitely worth looking into!

ETA: Sorry I didn't see the above poster's cruise suggestion :)

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered a lawsuit? Sounds like sexual harassment to me.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 5:50:39 PM
Author: lulu
Have you considered a lawsuit? Sounds like sexual harassment to me.
Sorry had to LOL at this (I''m a lawyer). Good way of getting some extra honeymoon funds
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
being in louisiana means you''re probably pretty close to destin & sandestin, florida. they get my vote!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, a cruise is a great idea! They are so affordable, and if you like that sort of vacation, a great way to get away on a tight budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results