shape
carat
color
clarity

Crockpot Recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
We just got married and got a crockpot as a wedding gift. We are very excited about it, but I''ve had it for over a month and just don''t know what to do! Everyone says its so easy, but I feel at a loss. We LOVE chicken and would love an easy whole chicken recipe that makes it all yummy, tender, and juicy. Any help? Any crockpot recipes are appreciated!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 5:46:31 PM
Author:GoingCrazy29
We just got married and got a crockpot as a wedding gift. We are very excited about it, but I''ve had it for over a month and just don''t know what to do! Everyone says its so easy, but I feel at a loss. We LOVE chicken and would love an easy whole chicken recipe that makes it all yummy, tender, and juicy. Any help? Any crockpot recipes are appreciated!
1.gif
Hey Goingcrazy,
There were a bunch of threads on this... I do remember some that were for the whole chicken... Do a search...

I made one myself, it''s not hard at all and soooo yummy...

If you don''t find the thread, start another one... Maybe more healthy... less soduim etc???

I''d give you a link but sadly I don''t know how to do that, I am very behind the times!!!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crockpot cooking IS easy in general, but one thing I have noticed is that you really have to kind of go a little bit overboard on the seasonings or else a lot of stuff comes out bland.

There are 2-3 threads from previous years as Kaleigh mentioned, one of them was huge, like 50 pages or more I think? You can find them in search. Just search on Crockpot.

Recently I have been very into beef stew recipes and I found a few online for crockpot...I might try them soon.
18.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
You can make some wonderful stews - in the American style but you can also do curries or make chili.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Google 50plusfriends and then look at the index for the crock pot recipes. There are tons on that site.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Not for a whole chicken but this is my favorite

Slow Cooker Taco Soup
1 can tomato sauce (8 0z)
1 can diced tomatoes w/ green chilis (15 oz)
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
taco packet
1 beer
1/2 onion chopped
2 ish chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients then place the chicken breasts on top. Cook on medium until chicken breasts are done then take out and shred. Add chicken back in and cook for 2 more hours ish. Garnish with torilla strips, or cheese or sour cream or all of the above!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allrecipes.com has a great slow cooker collection here. Some of them have hundreds of reviews, and many of them are really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results