shape
carat
color
clarity

May I vent, please?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
A few months ago I discovered a website similar to the ultra-popular Etsy that specialized in handmade goods. Its sister company is a well known site that I shop all the time without issue at all. So, I trusted my transactions.

My first purchase was in early September. I ordered a Christmas gift for my SIL that was awesome and I loved it. After weeks of waiting, I found that the order was neither shipped nor confirmed. The seller accepted my money but never sent the item. I was upset, but after a lengthy process I was able to get a full refund. Apparently the seller claimed she shut her "page" down and my order shouldn''t have gone through...but, some how it did...and she accepted my money.

I went on to order another Christmas gift for my SIL...one of the three piece set arrived broken. I was frustrated, but the seller was really nice and sent a replacement within two weeks.

So...this brings me to my vent...

I ordered, yet again, another gift for my SIL, this time it was for her birthday. Her birthday was today...and I ordered the gift on October 20th. Thinking that was ample time to get the gift to her, I was really upset to see three days ago that the order was neither shipped nor confirmed. I immediately contacted both customer service and the seller to see what was going on. Customer service said that I could file for a refund. The seller, well she never responded.

I went to file for a refund, and the "service is unavailable"...
29.gif
!

I don''t understand how people can do business like this! Shouldn''t a site confirm often with their sellers that their page is still current and that they are selling actively still? And shouldn''t there be a procedure that the seller should have to go through before accepting the money, like supplying a tracking number?! How difficult could it really be? We''re not talking a small site, we''re talking a company that is linked with a huge online super mall!

I think what pushed me over the edge was when the customer service associate told me that my experience is the "exception not the rule" when clearly two out of my three purchases have been bulls***. The CSA also told me that the refund process can be disputed by the seller and that although filing for a refund is advisable, if the seller can prove she "sent the item" that I be denied.
29.gif

So, at the end of the day my SIL didn''t get a gift from us, and I may be out all my money. Not a good shopping experience.
15.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m confused. . . you ordered from the site three times (but different sellers) and after two bad experiences ordered a third time? Seems like they do not properly screen their sellers/vendors. Time to delete them from your favorites list.

Sorry your gift to your SIL didn''t work out.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 10:14:59 PM
Author: MC
I''m confused. . . you ordered from the site three times (but different sellers) and after two bad experiences ordered a third time? Seems like they do not properly screen their sellers/vendors. Time to delete them from your favorites list.

Sorry your gift to your SIL didn''t work out.

I considered the first no show gift a fluke. The second arrived cracked, and the seller was responsive. This most recent incident has sealed the fact I will NEVER order from them again.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
That''s a bummer Italia. It''s hard when you have a good experience with a vendor and you hope to have one again.

However, I''m a firm believer in the saying "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me" Even if I may have had a decent prior experience. Once it''s bad...it''s bad.

You do have a lucky SIL though!! She''ll proababy forgive you. Time to find a new favorite vendor.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 10:18:15 PM
Author: miraclesrule
That''s a bummer Italia. It''s hard when you have a good experience with a vendor and you hope to have one again.

However, I''m a firm believer in the saying ''Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me'' Even if I may have had a decent prior experience. Once it''s bad...it''s bad.

You do have a lucky SIL though!! She''ll proababy forgive you. Time to find a new favorite vendor.

It wasn''t the same vendor, just the same site. Which is part of my annoyance. I mean, yes, "screw me once..." and all of that, but this was simply the same site with a bunch of independent sellers. Trust me, I wouldn''t have ordered from the original seller again after the first incident.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
That sucks. I hate flaky people, especially those who want my money.

That is frustrating Italia.
7.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Italia, I understand what you''re saying. For instance, if I had a bad transaction with a seller on a large site, like eBay, I''d still order from eBay again. One bad seller is (usually) not indicative of the overall quality of the sellers.

What was your method of payment? If it was PayPal or CC, you can file a complaint/request for your money back ...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 10:21:20 AM
Author: lilyfoot
Italia, I understand what you''re saying. For instance, if I had a bad transaction with a seller on a large site, like eBay, I''d still order from eBay again. One bad seller is (usually) not indicative of the overall quality of the sellers.

What was your method of payment? If it was PayPal or CC, you can file a complaint/request for your money back ...
On this site, you pay with a regular CC but it is processed with ****** Payments. So your complaint isn''t with the CC company, but rather with the processing firm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results