shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I want to make a ring setting like this for my EC.

Its going to cost me approximately 2700 dollars just for the setting. Does that sound reasonable to you?

TIA!

ETA: The price quoted is in white gold.

r751_03Ww.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Whom is the price quote from? LM?

What quality will the smaller diamonds be?

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
On Leon''s quote form, when you select the metal, it mentions that using gold instead of platinum will actually increase the cost of the ring because Platinum is his choice metal for custom work. Maybe that''s contributing to the price?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 9:15:40 AM
Author: Lestat
On Leon's quote form, when you select the metal, it mentions that using gold instead of platinum will actually increase the cost of the ring because Platinum is his choice metal for custom work. Maybe that's contributing to the price?
I should think that Cindy's quote is NOT from Leon. USD2,700 sounds incredibly low for him - particularly if you say that his white gold pieces would cost more than platinum. If it *is* from Leon, then Cindy is getting a hell of a deal!
1.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, not a LM.

The melee are F VS2 H&A, and i will probably use 0.5 pts on the halo and 1 pt on the band.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 11:09:31 AM
Author: cindygenit
Nope, not a LM.

The melee are F VS2 H&A, and i will probably use 0.5 pts on the halo and 1 pt on the band.
Sounds reasonable if it''s not a Leon, but it all depends on the quality of the craftmanship.

The melee diamonds sound very small to me. I''d go for 1 pointers on the halo and 2 pointers on the band, at least.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think the quote sounds reasonable for the type of setting you would be getting. Your EC would look gorgeous in that semimount. IMO
30.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Don''t expect it to look like LM''s level of quality, though, unless examples of your vendor''s work looks that clean and precise.

mariel

Shiny_Rock
Nice setting and I don''t think the price you were quoted is high at all most especially if the quality of work is excellent like in the photo.
Good luck!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:16:18 PM
Author: swingirl
Don''t expect it to look like LM''s level of quality, though, unless examples of your vendor''s work looks that clean and precise.
That is what''s making me hesitate...I know that if the workmanship is not quite at that level I might be disappointed.

I''m thinking of going with a simpler setting instead
8.gif

Or maybe buy from a US vendor since exchange rate is AWESOME right now LOL

mariel

Shiny_Rock
Our jeweler here in Charlotte NC who uses CAD to design his jewelry and his work is fantastic. I''ve never had a bad experience working with someone who uses CAD to design jewelry (also used someone in Florida when we lived there). I don''t know if it''s because of the technology used or might depend on the actual jeweler. I hope you find what you are looking for :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cindy, seeing as you''re in my part of the world do you mind to share who the quote is from?
You can just give a hint if you like..

I ask because firstly, imho this seems just a lil bit on the cheaper side from my experience in getting quotes from Au jewellers (I''m assuming you''re quoting the price in AUD$?).

Secondly - if there was a Leon Mege in Australia - I would''ve discovered him by now
2.gif

Don''t get me wrong, there are some great shops and custom places in the E/S (mostly Melb),
but I find most of our local jewellers'' approach to be quite laizzes-faire - more confidence than skill to back it up, if you kwim?

I second that I would not reasonably expect the quality of the pave to be quite as good as LM - and no way I would embark on this project without seeing a bunch of their work (esp. with pave) in both person and photos first.

This is just me - I know yo asked only about price - but thats only one part of the equation
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results