shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I get a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

creationx

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if I got a good deal on this diamond.

1.24 round brilliant, G color, VS1, 61.7 depth, 57 table, girdle medium, polish and symmetry very good.

Cost $7800 in New York

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Price is a little high but not too bad.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Did you buy it off the internet? A stone with those proportions is listed by several vendors for $7264-$7603. Is yours a GIA certed stone with 6.86–6.92x4.25 proportions?

If it's that exact stone, it sounds like you could have had it for less.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least among the diamodns currently listed around here (meaning Pricescope and the sites on my 'favorites' list - a rather selective sample) stones of this weight, color, clarity and close cut parameters are lusted from 6.8k to 9.5k. In particluar, diamodns identified as "ideal" cuts vould sport some premium on the average, so their prices variate close around 9k.

As far as I know, such price variation is by no means unusual, and the lowest price would have some detraction. At mid-range, your stone is by no mens a bad deal
2.gif
, quite the opposite
1.gif

creationx

Rough_Rock
Didn't want to buy off the internet. Wanted to see what I was buying first. Stone is GIA certified and laser inscribed with cert number.

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
I agree that it is a good deal. You can't compare what you paid with the lowest price quoted on the internet. Besides, its only off by a few hundred to the prices quoted above. I would say that is well worth the comfort in buying in person! Usually it seems pretty difficult to get a price so close to internet offers. It probably took you some bartering... and knowing what you knew from the research here, you already knew that was a good price. Most people walk into a jewler and pay a hefty premium over what they can get on-line.... no offense to the vendors here, but some of the education and knowledge provided here will be used as a benchmark for negotiations at a B&M. Ofcourse with the volume and lower overhead advantage, the internet vendors will ultimately yield a better deal... but a persistent and well-informed shopper can reduce the B&M premium to a reasonable amount... say 5%! And to some people its worth paying that amount to shop face to face!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results