shape
carat
color
clarity

place card question-married name

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
so i am getting the names to the calligrapher for our place cards. i have an etiquette question: i will be taking fiance's last name, but my name will not be legally changed for a few weeks at least. if i am coco smith and i am marrying john johnson, should my place card read "coco smith" or "coco johnson"??? thanks!!!!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
With your married name! It doesn''t matter that it isn''t "official" lol. Seems silly to me to have a whole big wedding ceremony and then sit down next to each other with place cards that have different last names (IF you plan on changing your name, which you said you do).

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 12:02:12 PM
Author: sonnyjane
With your married name! It doesn''t matter that it isn''t ''official'' lol. Seems silly to me to have a whole big wedding ceremony and then sit down next to each other with place cards that have different last names (IF you plan on changing your name, which you said you do).

Agreed!!! You were just *pronounced* Mrs. Johnson by the offciant, so you ARE Mrs. Johnson at that point!!! Legal-schmegal!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
With your married name. My husband got such a kick out of seeing my married name on our place card.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, use your married name! No one will fault you or think it strange. As far as your family and friends will know, you that is the day you become a Mrs.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 11:43:09 AM
Author:cocolaw
so i am getting the names to the calligrapher for our place cards. i have an etiquette question: i will be taking fiance''s last name, but my name will not be legally changed for a few weeks at least. if i am coco smith and i am marrying john johnson, should my place card read ''coco smith'' or ''coco johnson''??? thanks!!!!
oh coco...you are such a lawyer.

please put "mrs. coco johnson"- for the photos'' sake if not anything else

i made our place cards, and the only two who had "titles" were my husband and me- i loved seeing my new name.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
I put Mr. and Mrs. FI''s last name and our table number is "Bride and Groom"
I''m so excited to see it! Actually when I was proof reading my place cards before sending them off I was like who''s that?? Haha it will take some getting used to!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
haha ok i feel very blonde. duh! of course it should be his name!

thanks everyone :)

and charbie lol i know...it gets in the way of common sense sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results