shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a Louis Vuitton purse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey sggirl! The Trevi is very pretty. I went to Saks yesterday and looked at tons of LV's. It came down to the Palermo and NF. I love the Palermo, but the NF seems perfect for college and more age appropriate... so I ended up with the Neverfull gm in damier. I'm still not sure about it, I think it's pretty but I'm very fickle. If I do keep it (which I am definitely leaning toward) I want to get the flocon scarf in rubis to tie on the handle. The color is so pretty (it matches the lining exactly), I think it'd be a cute way to change up the purse and give it a twist. I attached a pic of the flocon scarfs, I even like the pink for my NF. The pic is pretty bad, the ones on LV's site are so much better.

Another Pic

zrtn_004p576fb8e7_tn.jpg

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your purchase!!!!!!;-)

That''s a great way to personalise the bag!;-) If you want something really whimsical, you can consider LV''s Bag Charms! I particularly like the Globe Charm Chain Key Ring,
9.gif
!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sggirl, I''m still thinking about the Palermo... I''m just soo indecisive, I think I''ll go to Saks and see what else there is. Gosh, I just hate making purse choices, it''s soo hard. The bag charms are super cute :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Burberrygirl! I love the idea of personalizing with the scarf - it''ll look great! I have a bright blue Hermes scarf that I usually tie around the handles of my LVs or my Coach Carly (off white leather), and I love the bright splash of color.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2009 2:20:05 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Hey Burberrygirl! I love the idea of personalizing with the scarf - it''ll look great! I have a bright blue Hermes scarf that I usually tie around the handles of my LVs or my Coach Carly (off white leather), and I love the bright splash of color.

Thanks Brown.Eyed.Girl! I love the idea of your bright blue Hermes scarf against an LV or white leather! It sound very pretty. :)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I really think the charms are toe-curling-ly expensive so a little scarf (what are they called - the name escapes me.....
33.gif
) is a great way to add colour and personalise.

I love the pre-purchase excitement...enjoy choosing.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a confession to make. I bought my daughter a Louis Vuitton bag and wallet for her 17th birthday. If her father knows, he has absolutely no idea what it cost. I think I need to have my head examined. I do not mean this as a reflection on any of the other posters in this thread. Obviously some people have the means to afford Louis Vuitton bags, even multiples of them, and I wish them well. My family and I are not among them. I am saving for my daughter's college tuition (although at the moment it seems as if I have more likelihood of having the money saved-since I started saving early-than of having a daughter academically prepared for an institute of higher learning). I don't know what came over me!!! I may have been reading too many threads on Pricescope! I carry an old Vera Bradley bag that I wash in the washing machine! My daughter has a gorgeous Dooney &Bouke bag and a couple of Coach bags and now has this one!

Where can I find a picture of it to post? I am hoping that this link to the bag works, but I'd like to post a photo. (Actually, her Dooney & Bourke bag is also very, very handsome. I like it a great deal. It isn't one of their silly ones!)

AGBF
34.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 5:33:24 PM
Author: AGBF

I have a confession to make. I bought my daughter a Louis Vuitton bag and wallet for her 17th birthday. If her father knows, he has absolutely no idea what it cost. I think I need to have my head examined. I do not mean this as a reflection on any of the other posters in this thread. Obviously some people have the means to afford Louis Vuitton bags, even multiples of them, and I wish them well. My family and I are not among them. I am saving for my daughter''s college tuition (although at the moment it seems as if I have more likelihood of having the money saved-since I started saving early-than of having a daughter academically prepared for an institute of higher learning). I don''t know what came over me!!! I may have been reading too many threads on Pricescope! I carry an old Vera Bradley bag that I wash in the washing machine! My daughter has a gorgeous Dooney &Bouke bag and a couple of Coach bags and now has this one!

Where can I find a picture of it to post? I am hoping that this link to the bag works, but I''d like to post a photo. (Actually, her Dooney & Bourke bag is also very, very handsome. I like it a great deal. It isn''t one of their silly ones!)

AGBF
34.gif
You are not alone! My daughter has things I never dreamed of at her age (24). She is out on her own, but I still enjoy giving her nice things. Now, I haven''t bought her a LV, but she has nice furniture, a new car, and other sweet little perks ;-)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 5:33:24 PM
Author: AGBF

I have a confession to make. I bought my daughter a Louis Vuitton bag and wallet for her 17th birthday. If her father knows, he has absolutely no idea what it cost. I think I need to have my head examined. I do not mean this as a reflection on any of the other posters in this thread. Obviously some people have the means to afford Louis Vuitton bags, even multiples of them, and I wish them well. My family and I are not among them. I am saving for my daughter''s college tuition (although at the moment it seems as if I have more likelihood of having the money saved-since I started saving early-than of having a daughter academically prepared for an institute of higher learning). I don''t know what came over me!!! I may have been reading too many threads on Pricescope! I carry an old Vera Bradley bag that I wash in the washing machine! My daughter has a gorgeous Dooney &Bouke bag and a couple of Coach bags and now has this one!

Where can I find a picture of it to post? I am hoping that this link to the bag works, but I''d like to post a photo. (Actually, her Dooney & Bourke bag is also very, very handsome. I like it a great deal. It isn''t one of their silly ones!)

AGBF

34.gif

Hey AGBF, I got my first LV at 16. I think if your daughter is responsible with her belongings it shouldn''t be a problem. People keep their LV purses for a long time, some of the styles are very classic. My parents look at my jewelry and purses as things I''''ll have for a long, long time and in a way investments. My Dad doesn''t know much about purses either, but then again he''s been generous in every aspect of my life (my Mom taught him well lol). If you don''t want to freak your hubby out you should consider giving her the purse for her birthday and the wallet for xmas/graduation (or vice versa). I''m wondering what bag and wallet you bought!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 4:32:37 PM
Author: Steel
I really think the charms are toe-curling-ly expensive so a little scarf (what are they called - the name escapes me.....
33.gif
) is a great way to add colour and personalise.

I love the pre-purchase excitement...enjoy choosing.
Thanks Steel! I bought the Neverfull GM in Damier, but I''m still not sure about it. My mom wants it, so I''ll probably end up with an upgrade soon!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Batignolles Horizontal, similar to the Palermo.
I don''t like the shoulder straps on it. The outer one always falls down, so you have to always walk with your hand on the bag.

My favorite LV bag is my large Speedy in the Blue Epi. I love the Epi; it is so easy to care for.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanna say i LOVE the neverfull!!!
30.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I know, it''s been really good for college because it holds so much!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
BG-

How do you like your bag? Can you post some pics??
2.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 7:37:21 PM
Author: Dani
BG-

How do you like your bag? Can you post some pics??
2.gif
Hey Dani, I love my purse. It''s really great for school! I snapped some bad pics really fast, here they are...

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oops not working.. I'll try again in a little while..

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the bad pics, I didn't feel like editing them and using watermarks, lol.

lvsnfandspeedy.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Another with the bag all the way open.

LVNFdamier.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some of my purses

Purses from ages 12-15:

-blue Coach
-brown Coach tote
-pink Kate Spade tote
-white leather Coach
-tweed, purple and brown Coach
-pink Coach hobo
-Dooney multi
-brown coach hobo
-black Juicy Couture soft leather purse (in the back)

More recent:

-hot pink leather and brown Coach
-blue Burberry travel bag (can't really see it)
-Burberry small tote
-LV Mono Speedy 35
-green Burberry bag
-LV Neverfull in Damier
-Large Burberry Nova Check tote

I also have two Coach totes and a pink clutch, a Kate Spade tote and black purse, Juicy Couture woven purse, Marc Jacobs leather red/orange purse, and two Burberry hobos not shown in the picture. There just wasn't any room and my friends are borrowing the two Burberry hobos right now.

Burberryscollectionogpurses.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing pictures!! Your bags are awesome!!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics, BB!!!!! You collection is great!!! I had one question- do you find the Neverfull to be too big to be an "everday" purse or no? I love big bags, but if its too big/bulky I wont end up carrying it daily.....Thank you!!!
1.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 10:03:55 AM
Author: Dani
Thanks for the pics, BB!!!!! You collection is great!!! I had one question- do you find the Neverfull to be too big to be an 'everday' purse or no? I love big bags, but if its too big/bulky I wont end up carrying it daily.....Thank you!!!
1.gif
Thanks Chiquitapet and Dani! I think my GM is a little bulky when all the way open, but it's the perfect size for school. I've always had huge bags so I'm use to it, and it is easier to carry with the sides pulled in. I think the MM is a really nice size for most people. When I don't have school I still use it, but alternate between my burberry bags and speedy. I don't think it's too big for everyday, but I'm really tall and like the look of big bags. You can do almost anything with the Neverfull, it's a great bag with a lot of uses.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 7:31:10 AM
Author: livinginsg
Hi Burberrygirl! I love your collection!!

I was in Italy for two weeks and got myself a new Burberry messenger bag! Ideal for hands-free outings!
2.gif

http://uk.burberry.com/fcp/product/clothing-accessories/shoulder-bags/check-crossbody-bag/10000003802?colour=black&lastcategoryurl=true
Sorry, I just now noticed your post! Your new bag is gorgeous, I love it!!

This is my mom's new Burberry bag :)

I'm thinking about getting one of their Packable Leather Tote Bags in black or nutmeg. I'd make such a cute school bag.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Burberrygirl, i have the monogram Neverfull GM... It is so awesome to bring to work!! I hope you enjoy it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results